15 Year Old Sailor Girl Found Alive!!!!

well shit you got me on the AK AR typo. And where do you get the idea i want to expose anyone to predators?

You still have not answered the main question of why you feel you have the right WHEN ALL IS LEGAL to interfere with parents right to give consent for dangerous activities.

Leave if you want but all you are doing is running away from answering the question.

Ok, guess I missed that question. It's kinda poorly written but I think I get the gist of it.

Why does the state have the right to tell anyone what to do? Simple, when people are too stupid to do the right thing on their own and society steps in and says we need laws.

Just as someone pointed out earlier with the Mt Mckinnley thing, they changed the rules, it is now illegal to attempt to climb it if you're under 18. I would be willing to bet that after this ordeal some laws are passed concerning sailing around the world to. Why? Because PEOPLE ARE GOD DAMNED MORONS WHO NEED SOMEONE ELSE TO PROTECT THEM FROM THEIR OWN STUPIDITY.

The fact that you can't see the need for the state to protect children from parents who don't give a s hit about them saddens me.

i tell you what. Come do my job for a week, and see the children who are laying in shitty diapers in a crib full of loaded weapons and drugs, just for example, and then come back on here and post that the state shouldn't be able to tell anyone how to raise their children.

well shit you got me on the AK AR typo. And where do you get the idea i want to expose anyone to predators?

You still have not answered the main question of why you feel you have the right WHEN ALL IS LEGAL to interfere with parents right to give consent for dangerous activities.

Leave if you want but all you are doing is running away from answering the question.

Ok, guess I missed that question. It's kinda poorly written but I think I get the gist of it.

Why does the state have the right to tell anyone what to do? Simple, when people are too stupid to do the right thing on their own and society steps in and says we need laws.

Just as someone pointed out earlier with the Mt Mckinnley thing, they changed the rules, it is now illegal to attempt to climb it if you're under 18. I would be willing to bet that after this ordeal some laws are passed concerning sailing around the world to. Why? Because PEOPLE ARE GOD DAMNED MORONS WHO NEED SOMEONE ELSE TO PROTECT THEM FROM THEIR OWN STUPIDITY.

The fact that you can't see the need for the state to protect children from parents who don't give a s hit about them saddens me.

i tell you what. Come do my job for a week, and see the children who are laying in shitty diapers in a crib full of loaded weapons and drugs, just for example, and then come back on here and post that the state shouldn't be able to tell anyone how to raise their children.

I am not talking about the STATE. I am asking you as you seem to feel you have that right. You seem to feel as if the parents of Abby had no right to give her consent to sail around the world solo. She is their daughter not yours.

How many times do I have to say this. Now listen. I AGREE WITH YOU ON MOST OF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.

I have issues with your attitude that Abbys parents had not right to give their daughter consent to sail around the world solo. I have issues that you do not feel that parents do not have the decisions making powers to judge if their children are mature enough to make good decisions. At this point in time it is NOT illegal to sail solo at 16.

and here i though you were leaving the thread. :lol:

Last edited:

I am not talking about the STATE. I am asking you as you seem to feel you have that right. You seem to feel as if the parents of Abby had no right to give her consent to sail around the world solo. She is their daughter not yours.

How many times do I have to say this. Now listen. I AGREE WITH YOU ON MOST OF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.

I have issues with your attitude that Abbys parents had not right to give their daughter consent to sail around the world solo. I have issues that you do not feel that parents do not have the decisions making powers to judge if their children are mature enough to make good decisions. At this point in time it is NOT illegal to sail solo at 16.

:lol: @ you for asking me a question and then laughing b/c I chose to answer it even though I said I was leaving the thread. I would have either been called a chicken for not answering or laughed at for still being in the thread, so seeings as how I couldn't have won either way I chose to answer.

While I'm here I'll answer your latest question, again because I already h ave.

I don't feel I have any right, I feel the GOVERNMENT has an obligation to step in when a parent is making bad decisions about their child. How is this any different than if you decided to let your child drop out of school at 16 and the government said no you can't do that? How is it any different than any myriad of situations where the government has said "no you idiot you can't do that with your kids?"

:lol: @ you for asking me a question and then laughing b/c I chose to answer it even though I said I was leaving the thread. I would have either been called a chicken for not answering or laughed at for still being in the thread, so seeings as how I couldn't have won either way I chose to answer.

I don't feel I have any right, I feel the GOVERNMENT has an obligation to step in when a parent is making bad decisions about their child. How is this any different than if you decided to let your child drop out of school at 16 and the government said no you can't do that? How is it any different than any myriad of situations where the government has said "no you idiot you can't do that with your kids?"

Again I agree with you.

Back to Abby. Why was it wrong for her to sail solo. She had consent from her parents. What she did was not breaking any laws. Where do you or I have any say in what they do with their daughter? Remember you went on and on and on about that and here we are back at the original question.

Again I agree with you.

Back to Abby. Why was it wrong for her to sail solo. She had consent from her parents. What she did was not breaking any laws. Where do you or I have any say in what they do with their daughter? Remember you went on and on and on about that and here we are back at the original question.

Jesus, I already answered this to, beyond the fact that fucking children shouldn't be sailing around the world solo here are three reasons, AGAIN.

1. Expert yachtsmen have stated in interviews that NO ONE should in that part of that seas at THIS time of year

2. Expert yachtsmen have testified that her boat was too small for the area she was sailing in even under the best of conditions (yes they said the same about the Australian girl the fact that she made it makes no difference to that fact)

3. Expert yachtsmen have stated that she should have aborted her trip after her mechanical problems

A person who is mature and came make good decisions doesn't make three major bad decisions like that , do they?

Again I agree with you.

Jesus, I already answered this to, beyond the fact that fucking children shouldn't be sailing around the world solo here are three reasons, AGAIN.

1. Expert yachtsmen have stated in interviews that NO ONE should in that part of that seas at THIS time of year

2. Expert yachtsmen have testified that her boat was too small for the area she was sailing in even under the best of conditions (yes they said the same about the Australian girl the fact that she made it makes no difference to that fact)

3. Expert yachtsmen have stated that she should have aborted her trip after her mechanical problems

A person who is mature and came make good decisions doesn't make three major bad decisions like that , do they?

You would be surprised. Yes they do.

1- Experts are not always right. There is always a differing expert to give the other side.
2- To sail solo around the world that is the size boat you will need.
3- Still haven't seen anything about mechanical problems.

Again I agree with you.

You would be surprised. Yes they do.

1- Experts are not always right. There is always a differing expert to give the other side.
2- To sail solo around the world that is the size boat you will need.
3- Still haven't seen anything about mechanical problems.

1. I posted my experts opinion that that part of the ocean being too dangerous to be in right now, where is your opinion saying no problem?

2. Who says? Because the evidence I have seen says no. The reason a 40' was chosen is b/c it is the largest that a single person can realistically handle by themselves. That in no way means it's safe

3. Are you now denying that she had already been in port due to mechanical problems? This is in fact why she was no longer eligible for the youngest to sail non stop.

Sunday night on Geraldo at large he will have a story on this where he will present witnesses who will testify that Abby's dad pushed her to continue on after her boat was hastily repaired because he was worried another kid would beat her to the record if she stopped.

What say yall now?

Sunday night on Geraldo at large he will have a story on this where he will present witnesses who will testify that Abby's dad pushed her to continue on after her boat was hastily repaired because he was worried another kid would beat her to the record if she stopped.

What say yall now?

Ya just had to come and round me up for an answer did you :lol::lol::lol: Stalker!

Than dad was wrong in advising his daughter to continue on in a ship of questionably seaworthiness. Lets wait and see what happens shall we.

What say yall now?

Ya just had to come and round me up for an answer did you :lol::lol::lol: Stalker!

Than dad was wrong in advising his daughter to continue on in a ship of questionably seaworthiness. Lets wait and see what happens shall we.

I just happened to see you online as Geraldo mentioned it, This dad is in trouble now, Geraldo is on the case. He's an excellent investigative reporter, you may even end up giving up your dream of allowing your 16 y/o daughter to sleep with 40 y/o men by the time he is done. :lol:

1. I posted my experts opinion that that part of the ocean being too dangerous to be in right now, where is your opinion saying no problem?

2. Who says? Because the evidence I have seen says no. The reason a 40' was chosen is b/c it is the largest that a single person can realistically handle by themselves. That in no way means it's safe

3. Are you now denying that she had already been in port due to mechanical problems? This is in fact why she was no longer eligible for the youngest to sail non stop.

Again they are not your children to be making decisions for. Abby is not your daughter.

IN YOUR OPINION is fine. Your opinion does not carry weight with children that are not your own. How hard is that to understand?

1- If the world always followed expert opinions the world would be a very sad place. Shall we look at the last few centuries of what expert opinions were? Always following expert opinion limits the human experience.

2- Again. If a 40 boat is all that a single sailor can handle alone, than the vessel she was in was the proper vessel for the voyage regardless of the dangers of the ocean. Sea and weather are risks of navigating on the open ocean.

3- Again until now there has been no confirming evidence of her mechanical problems.

What say yall now?

I just happened to see you online as Geraldo mentioned it, This dad is in trouble now, Geraldo is on the case. He's an excellent investigative reporter, you may even end up giving up your dream of allowing your 16 y/o daughter to sleep with 40 y/o men by the time he is done. :lol:

And rounding me up to answer is still :lol: stalking :lol: (laugh conhog is a funny joke) I saw you were on to ya know.

And who ever said 40 year old's? I guess that is your dream. You set the parameters as 16 and 21 :lol::lol: And why would you assume that it my dream for my daughter? You assume a lot.

Again they are not your children to be making decisions for. Abby is not your daughter.

IN YOUR OPINION is fine. Your opinion does not carry weight with children that are not your own. How hard is that to understand?

1- If the world always followed expert opinions the world would be a very sad place. Shall we look at the last few centuries of what expert opinions were? Always following expert opinion limits the human experience.

2- Again. If a 40 boat is all that a single sailor can handle alone, than the vessel she was in was the proper vessel for the voyage regardless of the dangers of the ocean. Sea and weather are risks of navigating on the open ocean.

3- Again until now there has been no confirming evidence of her mechanical problems.

Oh, I'm not modest . I will admit that the word would be oh so much better if others would follow the same parenting guidelines that I follow. OMG my kids are so abused I keep them from potentially harming themselves.

And again. what part of this is not clear to you. The USG already has a a tradition of telling all of us certain things we may and may not do with our children? This is nothing new.

Do you not acknowledge that some people would have their children out working at much younger than age 16, forgoing their schooling and pretty much not caring what else they did if the state didn't say "no you can't do that?" Do you not also agree that by the state we are talking about US collectively and therefor my opinion DOES matter?

Now onto your three

1. We're not talking in generalities here, we're talking about this case specificially where experienced sailors are on TV right now saying that NO ONE should be attempting that ocean at this time of year on a solo sail, that it's just too dangerous and that this is something the family knew.

2. That's the point, experienced sailors are saying a 40 ' boat has NO business being in that part of the ocean it simply isn't big enough to take the weather.

3. Not true, her mechanical problems have been known since she first had to pull into port to have them repaired.

You are just fighting this fight out of pride at this point, there is noway you can't agree that there are times when the government has the right to set guidelines on how you can raise your children and that this is one of them.

Oh, I'm not modest . I will admit that the word would be oh so much better if others would follow the same parenting guidelines that I follow. OMG my kids are so abused I keep them from potentially harming themselves..

Agreed, that is your parenting style. Not everyone has the same views as you. Every parent has the right to raise their children as they see fit. WITHIN THE GUIDELINES OF THE LAW. Sex at 16 in your state is legal no matter what the age of the partner she chooses.(that is unless it is younger)

And again. what part of this is not clear to you. The USG already has a a tradition of telling all of us certain things we may and may not do with our children? This is nothing new. .

And where have I disagreed with that? What part are you not clear about that you cannot force your parenting decisions and judgment calls onto other parents? Do you allow your sons (if you have them) to play football or baseball? In MY opinion both those sports are dangerous but I don't go around shouting that other parents boys should not be playing baseball or football.

Do you not acknowledge that some people would have their children out working at much younger than age 16, forgoing their schooling and pretty much not caring what else they did if the state didn't say "no you can't do that?" Do you not also agree that by the state we are talking about US collectively and therefor my opinion DOES matter?

Are we speaking of this country or other countries? Many countries it is normal to sell children into labor slavery.(sick fuckers) In this country I don't believe parents would force their children to work instead of school. There are still lazy parents who dont give a shit what their children do one way or the other nor do they care about what the state mandates. A very good reason why the drop out rate is still so high.

Your opinion matters to you. If your opinion agrees with current laws then yes they matter. Otherwise they don't mean a thing. Again WITHIN THE LAWS your opinion makes no impact on decisions OTHER parents want to make for their children.

Try asking the right questions conhog and you may be less aggravated with me. Are you asking me if some parents make stupid fucked up decisions for THEIR children? The answer is a resounding YES. But it is their children and their decisions. I have no say in what other parents do with their children just as you dont. Do I like or agree with other parents and their decisions? On many things HELL NO!

Do I agree that Abbys parents had the right to give consent to THEIR daughter to sail solo. Yes I agree they had that right. They broke no laws. Do you agree on that?

Now onto your three
1. We're not talking in generalities here, we're talking about this case specificially where experienced sailors are on TV right now saying that NO ONE should be attempting that ocean at this time of year on a solo sail, that it's just too dangerous and that this is something the family knew.

Anyone can attempt anything, anytime they want regardless of expert opinion.

Are you asking me if it is foolhardy and crazy, the answer is yes.

2. That's the point, experienced sailors are saying a 40 ' boat has NO business being in that part of the ocean it simply isn't big enough to take the weather.

Abby is an experienced sailor just as her parents are. CHOICE conhog, you have choice in doing what you want in life. No law says that you cannot be in that part of the ocean in a 40 foot boat.

Do I think its foolhardy and crazy, YES. Does Abby have the right to be there in a 40 foot boat, yes she does.

3. Not true, her mechanical problems have been known since she first had to pull into port to have them repaired.

Truthfully I do not know, I've not been following her progress or the story.

You are just fighting this fight out of pride at this point, there is noway you can't agree that there are times when the government has the right to set guidelines on how you can raise your children and that this is one of them.

No not hanging for pride, just poking your arrogance. :)

If you read what I actually say you would have seen it by now. I DO agree that government has rules for children. I agree that all parents have the right raise and make decisions for their OWN children. In the case of Abbys parents allowing her to solo, no laws were broken. In the case of 16 year old sex in your state no laws are broken.

They are however an affront to your parenting decisions and ideas. And again what you decide for your children is fine. How and where you put holds and constraints on your children is your decision. You cannot force your views on parents who do not agree with your style of parenting. They are not your children.

How is Abbys case one of the times government can claim she has not rights to do what she did? Expert opinion is not law.

Last edited:
Oh, I'm not modest . I will admit that the word would be oh so much better if others would follow the same parenting guidelines that I follow. OMG my kids are so abused I keep them from potentially harming themselves..

Agreed, that is your parenting style. Not everyone has the same views as you. Every parent has the right to raise their children as they see fit. WITHIN THE GUIDELINES OF THE LAW. Sex at 16 in your state is legal no matter what the age of the partner she chooses.(that is unless it is younger)

And again. what part of this is not clear to you. The USG already has a a tradition of telling all of us certain things we may and may not do with our children? This is nothing new. .

And where have I disagreed with that? What part are you not clear about that you cannot force your parenting decisions and judgment calls onto other parents? Do you allow your sons (if you have them) to play football or baseball? In MY opinion both those sports are dangerous but I don't go around shouting that other parents boys should not be playing baseball or football.

Are we speaking of this country or other countries? Many countries it is normal to sell children into labor slavery.(sick fuckers) In this country I don't believe parents would force their children to work instead of school. There are still lazy parents who dont give a shit what their children do one way or the other nor do they care about what the state mandates. A very good reason why the drop out rate is still so high.

Your opinion matters to you. If your opinion agrees with current laws then yes they matter. Otherwise they don't mean a thing. Again WITHIN THE LAWS your opinion makes no impact on decisions OTHER parents want to make for their children.

Try asking the right questions conhog and you may be less aggravated with me. Are you asking me if some parents make stupid fucked up decisions for THEIR children? The answer is a resounding YES. But it is their children and their decisions. I have no say in what other parents do with their children just as you dont. Do I like or agree with other parents and their decisions? On many things HELL NO!

Do I agree that Abbys parents had the right to give consent to THEIR daughter to sail solo. Yes I agree they had that right. They broke no laws. Do you agree on that?

Anyone can attempt anything, anytime they want regardless of expert opinion.

Are you asking me if it is foolhardy and crazy, the answer is yes.

Abby is an experienced sailor just as her parents are. CHOICE conhog, you have choice in doing what you want in life. No law says that you cannot be in that part of the ocean in a 40 foot boat.

Do I think its foolhardy and crazy, YES. Does Abby have the right to be there in a 40 foot boat, yes she does.

Truthfully I do not know, I've not been following her progress or the story.

No not hanging for pride, just poking your arrogance. :)

If you read what I actually say you would have seen it by now. I DO agree that government has rules for children. I agree that all parents have the right raise and make decisions for their OWN children. In the case of Abbys parents allowing her to solo, no laws were broken. In the case of 16 year old sex in your state no laws are broken.

They are however an affront to your parenting decisions and ideas. And again what you decide for your children is fine. How and where you put holds and constraints on your children is your decision. You cannot force your views on parents who do not agree with your style of parenting. They are not your children.

How is Abbys case one of the times government can claim she has not rights to do what she did? Expert opinion is not law.

Because there is a DAMN good case that her parents are guilty of neglect. Neglect is child abuse.

Oh and also your opinion DOES matter even if you happen to disagree with current law, that is how new laws come about, I'm sorry you don't understand the CON.

Forum List

Back