15-year-old raped in court: Rapist gets probation, teen gets 12 months

Who cares if they were prostitutes. They were children that some grown man admitted to raping. Just because they refused to testify, doesn't mean the man didn't commit a crime, he admitted to doing it.

Not sure if you have a prarticular disagreement, or with whom...but you clearly don't understand the situation.

There is no question as to the offense, but the determination was made by the ADA that he or she could not get a conviction without the testimony of the girls.

He, and the judge, agreed that it would be better to get an admission, with the commensurate 'sex offender' status than simply to drop the charges.

Yeah I think I get what you're saying (because the girls didn't testify then no conviction). My thought is because the man admitted to having sexually assaulted the girls that therefore is an admission of guilt. I think it's a travesty of justice that the man got 10 yrs. probation for rape of multiple children.

malcontent- Not sure how race came up here. I didn't see in the article that the man was black. I'm guessing because you posted a picture of a black man that he is the accused?

Yeah I think I get what you're saying (because the girls didn't testify then no conviction). My thought is because the man admitted to having sexually assaulted the girls that therefore is an admission of guilt. I think it's a travesty of justice that the man got 10 yrs. probation for rape of multiple children.

malcontent- Not sure how race came up here. I didn't see in the article that the man was black. I'm guessing because you posted a picture of a black man that he is the accused?

Let's remember, the only reason for the admission by the perp is the deal by the ADA.

So he got 10 yrs. probation and is now a registered sex offender what about the other offenses he committed. This man was in a position of authority and trust he admittedly committed these offenses on duty in a professional capacity. I would think they could find some other charge that would stick. Unless of course the DA also agreed to give immunity for other crimes as part of his admittance.

This man worked as a juvenile counselor for 16 years, odds are these 3 girls are not his only victims. People like that don't just stop. The man is scum and preyed on troubled girls probably banking that they would be to afraid to talk or that nobody would believe them.

So if you give an innocent man a deal, he'll plead guilty to something he didn't do?

You have Honestly NEVER heard of this Before?...

According to some Liberals, Most Blacks are in Prison Unjustly because of this Practice.

:)

peace...

Sure, it happens. If he has reason to believe there's a case against him if he doesn't plea.

The alleged victim refused to testify. What did they have, especially if he was innocent, that could have made a case against him and made a plea bargain look like the best option?

So if you give an innocent man a deal, he'll plead guilty to something he didn't do?

According to some Liberals, Most Blacks are in Prison Unjustly because of this Practice.

peace...

Sure, it happens. If he has reason to believe there's a case against him if he doesn't plea.

The alleged victim refused to testify. What did they have, especially if he was innocent, that could have made a case against him and made a plea bargain look like the best option?

I was Illustrating a Point...

As far as I'm Concerned, he Probably had Sex with her Prodding and Consent, in the Hopes of it Helping her Case... She's a Hooker...

But she's Legally a Child, so if he did it AT ALL, he's Guilty of Statutory at Least...

And should be in Jail... Cause she wasn't the only one, was she?

My Point was that some Liberals are Torn on this if they Consider their Belief that the System Wrongly put's Black Men in Prison on Pleas...

I Know of some Liberals here in Denver who want to do away with the Plea System for that Reason.

Isn't it like 90+% of Cases are Settled that way?

peace...

peace...

As far as I'm Concerned, he Probably had Sex with her Prodding and Consent, in the Hopes of it Helping her Case... She's a Hooker...

But she's Legally a Child, so if he did it AT ALL, he's Guilty of Statutory at Least...

My Point was that some Liberals are Torn on this if they Consider their Belief that the System Wrongly put's Black Men in Prison on Pleas...

No, they aren't.

If they wrongly put people away with plea bargains that doesn't mean everyone they put away was innocent.

No, they aren't.

If they wrongly put people away with plea bargains that doesn't mean everyone they put away was innocent.

I didn't say Everyone... And I don't Subscribe to this... Some Liberals do.

That was the Point I was Illustrating.

peace...

Forum List

Back