15 year old is

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
throwing up. :(

Staying home with her today.

I usually give her Seven Up and Saltines when she's sick like this.

Anyone else have other ideas?

Outside of any prescription antiemetic, if she can keep it down, try giving her a Benadryl. H1 histamine antagogonists provide a bit of nausea alleviation.

Otherwise, BRAT diet is good. My mom used to give me ginger ale and saltines.

Last edited:
I've always been of the mindset to let the body do what it needs to do. If she's throwing up or has diarrhea her body is trying to get rid of something. Let it get rid of, don't try to stop it. Obviously, not to the point of dehydration or anything. I'm also one for letting a fever be (keeping a close eye on what that temp is). The fever is the body's way of fighting the bug and killing it. Besides, when you give them something to bring the fever down, they feel better and won't stay put!

Lots of fluids. I don't think I would go for soda pop though. Need to watch out for dehydration. Other than that.....

throwing up. :(

Staying home with her today.

I usually give her Seven Up and Saltines when she's sick like this.

Anyone else have other ideas?

Encourage fluids...small sips if she's hurling anytime there is anything in her gut. Don't worry about solid food for a while.

And make sure that you prep yourself for chundering.

I've always been of the mindset to let the body do what it needs to do. If she's throwing up or has diarrhea her body is trying to get rid of something. Let it get rid of, don't try to stop it. Obviously, not to the point of dehydration or anything. I'm also one for letting a fever be (keeping a close eye on what that temp is). The fever is the body's way of fighting the bug and killing it. Besides, when you give them something to bring the fever down, they feel better and won't stay put!

zoom is right, I would not hold it back, let her purge. Make her drink a lot, stay hydrated.

We just do sprite, ginger ale and/or plain water or chipped ice till the worst is over. Then saltines...toast...white rice...depends what they're hungry for. And of course, jello!

Just let her throw up, it is better to get out of her system. Make sure she drinks lots of liquids. :D
I hate throwing up. :( Feel bad for her.

avoid water its hard on the tummie.....use a flat ginger ale as del stated...she doesnt need to eat..she will be fine not eating for a day or two...but she does need fluids...ice chips will help her mouth from being too dry....be sure she brushes her teeth as much as she can stand ...at least risk well....acids from stomach will damage back of teeth

Like del, I highly recommend the chicken noodle soup. There is great healing power in chicken noodle soup. My cousin, Roscoe, had been in a coma for nearly 6 months. Finally, my grandmother could stand it no longer and she went home and made a big pot of chicken noodle soup. She brought it into his hospital room - a huge pot of it. It was steaming and making the room smell really good. There was about 7 or 8 of us there at the time and we all had a bowl. About an hour later, my cousin, Roscoe, who had been in the coma for nearly 6 months opened his eyes and raised his head and asked, "Is there any more of that chicken noodle soup left? I'm hungry." See. I'm telling you that you can't under estimate the healing power of good chicken noodle soup. Give that kid a bowl of chicken noodle soup and tomorrow she will be able to run a marathon.

Forum List

Back