15 Year Old Creates Website To Take On An Inconvenient Truth

I take it you have nothing to offer to counter the myth of global warming?

Typical when libs are confronted with facts

I and others have countered the myth that global warming's a myth plenty with you. You never consider the sources or look at the numbers or address any real points on the subject. You just copy paste more bullshit.

So we'll just go with your M.O.

Local Council President Publicly Denounced Teen Over Sign

POSTED: 4:15 pm EDT May 21, 2007
UPDATED: 6:27 pm EDT May 21, 2007

SCOTTDALE, Pa. -- A young Eagle Scout from Westmoreland County was publicly denounced by the borough council president for the "Welcome to Scottdale" sign he made for his hometown.

On Monday, he's expected to receive a public apology.

Joey Gaut, 16, raised thousands of dollars for the project and had an artist draw a picture of what he wanted the sign to look like.

Gaut got the design approved by council, but at the last minute, Council President Tom Ermine pulled the plug, because he thought the sign was ugly.

Gaut's plans were months in the making for the granite sign to be placed on Route 819.

Council was on board until Ermine put the breaks on a project he had already voted in favor of.

In front of Gaut, Gaut's friends, family and reporters, Ermine said, "I just can't support it. It's not beautiful."

Ermine went on to say "no one ever said life is fair."

Ermine, who spoke to WTAE Channel 4 reporter Jennifer Miele, said he got some bad information about the project from a borough resident who told him granite should only be used for veterans' war memorials and that he does plan to publicly apologize to Gaut Monday night.

Council is expected to once again vote in favor of the sign.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/13360406/detail.html?subid=10101261

I and others have countered the myth that global warming's a myth plenty with you. You never consider the sources or look at the numbers or address any points made by any real scientists. You just copy paste more bullshit.

So we'll just go with your M.O.

Local Council President Publicly Denounced Teen Over Sign

POSTED: 4:15 pm EDT May 21, 2007
UPDATED: 6:27 pm EDT May 21, 2007

SCOTTDALE, Pa. -- A young Eagle Scout from Westmoreland County was publicly denounced by the borough council president for the "Welcome to Scottdale" sign he made for his hometown.

On Monday, he's expected to receive a public apology.

Joey Gaut, 16, raised thousands of dollars for the project and had an artist draw a picture of what he wanted the sign to look like.

Gaut got the design approved by council, but at the last minute, Council President Tom Ermine pulled the plug, because he thought the sign was ugly.

Gaut's plans were months in the making for the granite sign to be placed on Route 819.

Council was on board until Ermine put the breaks on a project he had already voted in favor of.

In front of Gaut, Gaut's friends, family and reporters, Ermine said, "I just can't support it. It's not beautiful."

Ermine went on to say "no one ever said life is fair."

Ermine, who spoke to WTAE Channel 4 reporter Jennifer Miele, said he got some bad information about the project from a borough resident who told him granite should only be used for veterans' war memorials and that he does plan to publicly apologize to Gaut Monday night.

Council is expected to once again vote in favor of the sign.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/13360406/detail.html?subid=10101261

You really are showing your ignorance Wiggles

Of course bieng a lib, this is aboout the best you can do

Skeptical Documentary ‘The Great Global Warming Swindle’ Airs on British TV
Posted by Noel Sheppard on March 10, 2007 - 14:58.
With American media falling all over themselves in unbridled adoration for soon-to-be-Dr. Al Gore while they generate totally unwarranted hysteria over climate change, it seems impossible to imagine a televised documentary debunking the junk science surrounding this issue.

Yet, across the Pond, our greatest ally, Great Britain, has done exactly that.

The program is called “The Great Global Warming Swindle,” and the entire must-see video has been posted at Google (h/t Allah and Dan Riehl).

*****Update: Video available here.

EarthTimes.org reviewed the program on Wednesday (emphasis mine throughout):

A documentary titled The Great Global Warming Swindle will be aired on British television by Channel 4 Thursday highlighting that claims global warming is manmade constitutes the ''biggest scam of modern times.''

The documentary dismisses outright the claims that greenhouse gas emissions caused by human activity leads to climate change. Instead, it says the Sun is the real cause for global warming.

Think this will get any attention in America? Regardless of the answer, the article continued:

Directed by film maker Martin Durkin, the documentary disputes the scientific opinion professed in the recent United Nations report, which has said humans are very likely to blame for global warming and that there is no doubt remaining that it is caused by man's use of fossil fuels.

Durkin says the argument of man-made climate change is a lie and the biggest scam of modern times. He describes global warming as "a multibillion-dollar worldwide industry, created by fanatically anti-industrial environmentalists, supported by scientists peddling scare stories to chase funding, and propped up by compliant politicians and the media."

http://newsbusters.org/node/11330

^^Exactly^^ Thanks for proving my point about what a mindless op-ed-regurgitating sheep you are.

So where are the errors in my posts?

Hint - there aren't any

Libs usually react this way when someone disagrees with them

They're op-eds and biased sources with vested interests. Why would I read that shit? I have a functioning brain.

They're op-eds and biased sources with vested interests. Why would I read that shit? I have a functioning brain.

Look again

They includes sources and names of scientists

Vested interests? LOL!

I would strongly suggest to get a colonoscopy to make sure your brain is functioning

Look again

They includes sources and names of scientists

Vested interests? LOL!

I would strongly suggest to get a colonoscopy to make sure your brain is functioning

EarthTimes.org reviewed the program on Wednesday (emphasis mine throughout):

A documentary titled The Great Global Warming Swindle will be aired on British television by Channel 4 Thursday highlighting that claims global warming is manmade constitutes the ''biggest scam of modern times.''

The documentary dismisses outright the claims that greenhouse gas emissions caused by human activity leads to climate change. Instead, it says the Sun is the real cause for global warming.

Think this will get any attention in America? Regardless of the answer, the article continued:

Directed by film maker Martin Durkin, the documentary disputes the scientific opinion professed in the recent United Nations report, which has said humans are very likely to blame for global warming and that there is no doubt remaining that it is caused by man's use of fossil fuels.

Durkin says the argument of man-made climate change is a lie and the biggest scam of modern times. He describes global warming as "a multibillion-dollar worldwide industry, created by fanatically anti-industrial environmentalists, supported by scientists peddling scare stories to chase funding, and propped up by compliant politicians and the media."

http://newsbusters.org/node/11330

Against Nature was a UK television documentary broadcast in 1997 by Channel 4. The film lambasted environmentalism and sustainable development while eulogising genetic modification and denying global warming.

The documentary was produced by associates of the LM group, who presented ideologues like Frank Furedi as independent experts. Channel 4 was forced to issue an apology for the three-hour series.

Credits

* Martin Durkin - Director

Since when is a film maker a scientist?

Against Nature was a UK television documentary broadcast in 1997 by Channel 4. The film lambasted environmentalism and sustainable development while eulogising genetic modification and denying global warming.

The documentary was produced by associates of the LM group, who presented ideologues like Frank Furedi as independent experts. Channel 4 was forced to issue an apology for the three-hour series.

Credits

* Martin Durkin - Director

Since when is a film maker a scientist?

If you would have went to the link - at the bottom was a link to see the sources used in the film

If you would have went to the link - at the bottom was a link to see the sources used in the film

I'm there and I'm not seeing any links to scientific sources either at NewsBusters or at Earthtimes.org.

Durkin seems to think this guy's a good source on the topic of climate change: http://sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Frank_Furedi

He's a professor of sociology. While technically a scientist of a sort, I'd hardly call him a climate change expert. Didn't know you venerated communists so much, by the way. Got any others?

Quick! Run go find another NewBusters editorial to toss up like a stink bomb to evade this whole embarrassing business of your shitty sources!

There are no scientific sources there. But of course you know that and that's why you're not citing or linking to them.

lilfish.gif
lilbarrel.gif
lilgun.gif

Name a climate scientist in that video. Come on, just name one.

The film lines up leading scientists who claim that there is little scientific evidence to support the theory that global warming is a result of man-made greenhouse emissions. They argue global warming could be caused by increased solar activity such as a massive eruption.

Prof Ian Clark, an expert in palaeoclimatology from the University of Ottawa, insists that global warming could be caused by increased activity on the Sun and that ice-core samples from Antarctica show that warmer periods in Earth's history have come about 800 years before rises in carbon dioxide levels.

These argument is, however, counter to the work of several scientists, who have used similar ice-core samples to illustrate that raised levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere have accompanied the various global warming periods.

The documentary also tells how after the Second World War there was a huge increase in carbon dioxide, but temperatures have subsided for four decades after 1940.

Philip Stott, emeritus professor of biogeography at the School of Oriental and African Studies in London, says climate change is a complicated issue. He says it cannot be said that just one factor can lead to the greenhouse effect.

Another scientist appearing in the documentary is Paul Reiter of Paris' Pasteur Institute. He is an expert in malaria and described the U.N. report a "sham." He says, it included the names of several scientists, including him, who disagreed with the report.

Reiter says his name was removed only after he threatened legal action against the panel.
http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/37615.html

Well at least that's a halfway decent effort at citing credible sources. Your first. Congratulations.

Prof Ian Clark, an expert in palaeoclimatology from the University of Ottawa, insists that global warming could be caused by increased activity on the Sun and that ice-core samples from Antarctica show that warmer periods in Earth's history have come about 800 years before rises in carbon dioxide levels.

These argument is, however, counter to the work of several scientists, who have used similar ice-core samples to illustrate that raised levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere have accompanied the various global warming periods.
Seems you overlooked that last part.

The documentary also tells how after the Second World War there was a huge increase in carbon dioxide, but temperatures have subsided for four decades after 1940.

I notice there's no scientific source on that. Just "the documentary says." Here's what actual scientists say:

National Academy of Sciences, U.S., June 22, 2006
June 22 -- There is sufficient evidence from tree rings, retreating glaciers, and other "proxies" to say with confidence that the last few decades of the 20th century were warmer than any comparable period in the last 400 years, according to a new National Research Council report.

Philip Stott, emeritus professor of biogeography at the School of Oriental and African Studies in London, says climate change is a complicated issue. He says it cannot be said that just one factor can lead to the greenhouse effect.

He's not disputing here that climate change is happening. And I don't think anyone's saying there's only one factor. Greenhouse gasses of all kinds and from all sources would play their respective parts in the greenhouse effect, obviously. Some more than others. Anyway, he's paid by Scientific Alliance, an industry lobbying group. Vested interests.

Another scientist appearing in the documentary is Paul Reiter of Paris' Pasteur Institute. He is an expert in malaria and described the U.N. report a "sham." He says, it included the names of several scientists, including him, who disagreed with the report.

Reiter says his name was removed only after he threatened legal action against the panel.

Well that doesn't tell me what part of the report he disagreed with. He's a malaria expert, so I'm guessing it had something to do with the correlation between climate change and the rising mosquito line in places like east Africa. Besides, he's a member of four organizations funded by Exxon-Mobile. Vested interests.

Nice try. Now if we can only get you to form an opinion about something other than "liberals."

Nice try on your part

Anytime anyone disagrees with the overhyped hysteria of global warming is dismissed by tree huggers

CNN Suffers From Climate Confusion
Posted by Julia A. Seymour on May 23, 2007 - 16:31.
The “American Morning” team was more than a little confused on May 23.

First, they offered a report on the prediction of an “above normal” hurricane season. CNN Severe Weather Expert Chad Myers provided a rare media perspective as he told viewers that global warming is not to blame, but rather natural cycles.

“The numbers are still high still,” said Myers, referring to the NOAA prediction. “The numbers are not high because of global warming, they don’t think. The numbers are still high because of this multi-decadal cycle.”

But as they immediately followed with speculation about Al Gore running for president the irony was lost on CNN. Gore, who had appeared on "Larry King Live" the night before, insists that man-made global warming is a cause of increased tropical weather activity.

Even later, Kiran Chetry seemed to invite natural disaster. CNN Miami correspondent John Zarrella reported on the drought in the Florida Everglades and the repercussions to come.

“Now, South Florida Water Management scientists are telling is it is going to take an abnormally high rainy season. We’re going to need about three feet of water to break out of this drought. Kiran,” said Zarrella.

Chetry replied, “All right, maybe a couple of Category 1 hurricanes could do it.”

http://newsbusters.org/node/12959

Forum List

Back