15 Most Dangerous American Cities...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Most Dangerous Cities 2009 - WalletPop

^Predictable as the Day is Long...

Don't these Cities just Switch Places in the Top 15 from Year to Year?...

I Lived in Richmond when I was a lil one...

My Denver Bronco Fan Family Blames this Period in my Youth for my Membership in Raider Nation.

As for Detroit... It should've been the City in "Escape from New York"...

I Remember seeing a Shirt when I was Kid that said something like, "Thanks for Visiting Detroit, Sorry we Missed ya", and it was an Image of Somebody Shooting a Gun...

That was 30+ years ago.

:)

peace...

I received a PM from William Joyce.

He wanted me to point out that in each of these cities, there are black people.

Interesting way to Skate the Line on Exposing PMs... Something tells me you didn't Recieve a PM from WJ but wanted to Angle this about Race because you were Frustrated that I didn't in my OP?...

I would Blame Liberal Policies in each and EVERY ONE of these Cities before I Blamed the Black Communities within them that Suffer Under said Policies Generation after Generation.

peace...

Interesting way to Skate the Line on Exposing PMs... Something tells me you didn't Recieve a PM from WJ but wanted to Angle this about Race because you were Frustrated that I didn't in my OP?...

I would Blame Liberal Policies in each and EVERY ONE of these Cities before I Blamed the Black Communities within them that Suffer Under said Policies Generation after Generation.

peace...

Wrong on both.

It's because of unemployment due to loss of industry.

It looks like you may be on to something. From the 2000 census data for Camden, N.J.:

The racial makeup of the city was 53.35% Black or African American, 16.84% White, 2.45% Asian, 0.54% Native American, , 0.07% Pacific Islander, and 22.83% from other races. 3.92% of residents were from two or more races. 38.82% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race. 8.9% of the population is foreign-born. 7.1% of the population were Whites of non-Hispanic ancestry.

Most of these cities have a very high percentage a blacks, much more than the 12-13% they represent overall.

St Louis:

The racial makeup of the city of St. Louis (as separate and distinct from St. Louis County and the rest of the MSA) was 51.20% African American, 43.85% White, 1.98% Asian, 0.27% Native American, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 0.80% from other ethnic groups, and 1.88% of two or more ethnicities.

peace...

Wrong on both.

It's because of unemployment due to loss of industry.

Loss of Industry came because of Liberal Policies...

Not only Governmentally, but also in what the Unions did to Destroy their Ability to Compete...

You can't Pay a Broom Pusher $30 an Hour to Start, let him "work" for 30 Years until he's 48 and then give him a Pension for another 30 to 40 Years and Survive...

It's a Complex thing, the Problems in those Cities, but Generational Dependence on the Gubmn't Teat is the Primary Reason that Motivation to do for One's Self has been Dying there for Decades.

The Great Society, in Deed.

peace...

WOOHOOOO! both Missouri cities is on the list. YES!

The last black person left in Baltimore is the Mayor and she's on trial as we speak ........ :eusa_whistle:

http://bjsdata.ojp.usdoj.gov/dataonline/Search/Crime/Local/RunCrimeOneYearofData.cfm

We could also do it by state.. and agency. In Anniston, Alabama, the violent crime rate is the highest in the state, at a rate of 2,279.2 per 100,000 people. They just have a small population of only 23,736 people, so they would not be included in Mal's list, I am sure.

The link also gives you a link to find the rates for any city in your respective state, and find out what your city's own crime rates are.

DC has a much lower violent crime rate: 1,347.0
than Anniston, but a much higher property crime rate. 4,711.8 Averaging the two, DC is more dangerous than Anniston.

http://bjsdata.ojp.usdoj.gov/dataonline/Search/Crime/Local/RunCrimeOneYearofData.cfm

It is actually SAFER to live in NYC than it is to live in Anniston, Alabama. In fact, a New Yorker who moved to Anniston would certainly then be almost Four times as likely to be the victim of a violent act, than they would have in NYC, because NYC's crime rate is only 613.8 to 100,000 people.

Seriously- check this out. Its cool.. =)

We could also do it by state.. and agency. In Anniston, Alabama, the violent crime rate is the highest in the state, at a rate of 2,279.2 per 100,000 people. They just have a small population of only 23,736 people, so they would not be included in Mal's list, I am sure.

The link also gives you a link to find the rates for any city in your respective state, and find out what your city's own crime rates are.

DC has a much lower violent crime rate: 1,347.0
than Anniston, but a much higher property crime rate. 4,711.8 Averaging the two, DC is more dangerous than Anniston.

It is actually SAFER to live in NYC than it is to live in Anniston, Alabama. In fact, a New Yorker who moved to Anniston would certainly then be almost Four times as likely to be the victim of a violent act, than they would have in NYC, because NYC's crime rate is only 613.8 to 100,000 people.

Seriously- check this out. Its cool.. =)

Sounds like Montbello... :rofl:

peace...

Forum List

Back