15 cent Pg Gas tax

i thought biden was going to spring Value Added ... you know... once he woke up

Last edited:
Raise gas tax: The report would raise the federal gas tax by 15 cents a gallon starting in 2013. It would dedicate the extra revenue to fund transportation and limit spending on projects to whatever has been collected by the increased tax that year.

Debt commission: Top recommendations from Obama's panel - Apr. 13, 2011

Why wait?

Election.

If things keep going the way they are only people with 250 K a year will be able to fill up.
So I guess that will be another promise kept.

It may be higher

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB4cu5K_v5I]YouTube - obama new gas tax[/ame]

Raise gas tax: The report would raise the federal gas tax by 15 cents a gallon starting in 2013. It would dedicate the extra revenue to fund transportation and limit spending on projects to whatever has been collected by the increased tax that year.

Why wait?
Maybe the dickweed could stop the skimming of upwards of 20% of fuel taxes going to stupid money-sucking urban mass transit programs.

Why wait?
Maybe the dickweed could stop the skimming of upwards of 20% of fuel taxes going to stupid money-sucking urban mass transit programs.

obee you're just saying that to be nice.

Why wait?

Gas Taxes
that would be a tax cut
the federal tax is 18 cents a gallon now

It may be 18 cents now, but this would make it 33 cents a gallon.

Why wait?

Gas Taxes
that would be a tax cut
the federal tax is 18 cents a gallon now

Are you mentally impaired? Raising it by $.15 would then make it $.33.

Good grief.

I think we should have instituted a progressive gas tax years ago. Every year add a few cents to a gallon and take that money and put it into a fund. After a set time period that fund would be used to level the price fluctuations we are facing now. When oil prices spike the fund will be used to keep fuel prices at a certain preordained level.

The purpose would be twofold;
1. Steady fuel prices that rise in known increments and companies and individuals can rely on it to plan for future budgets.
2. That fuel prices would continue to rise and make alternative energy sources more affordable.

This program would eliminate the $1 spike in gas prices but would also have built in gas rises so you know gas will always go up, just not in as much spurts.

Why wait?

But I thought Democrats were opposed to raising taxes on the poor? The Gas tax hits those with limited means the hardest. So much for no raising taxes on the poor I guess.

Why wait?
What is wrong with mass transit?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzBEmL7gp4I]YouTube - Full Video - Seattle Bus Attack[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d1LZ6TN8CU&playnext=1&list=PLD29DB4D45A378D4B]YouTube - Raw Video: Bus Attack Caught on Tape[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back