149 years ago today

Freewill gave us the proof from his link that the Dixiecrats eventually became southern Republicans. This is so Freewill. Read the last sentence in the quote below.

Although the Dixiecrats immediately dissolved after the 1948 election, their impact lasted much longer. Many white voters who initially cast Dixiecrat ballots gravitated back toward the Democratic Party only grudgingly, and they remained nominal Democrats at best. Ultimately, the Dixiecrat movement paved the way for the rise of the modern Republican Party in the South. Many former Dixiecrat supporters eventually became Republicans, as was highlighted by Strom Thurmond's conversion in the 1960s
Dixiecrats New Georgia Encyclopedia

1968 presidential election results:

698px-ElectoralCollege1968.svg.png

OMG!!!

The Democrats came home and voted for Wallace (D)
Wallace ran on a segregationist platform Thats the only reason he beat out Nixon in the hardcore south. After they crumpled the southerners moved on over to the republican party. This has been admitted to by 2 GOP party leaders.

George Wallace presidential campaign 1968 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"Wallace's pro-segregation policies had been rejected by the mainstream of the Democratic Party. The impact of the Wallace campaign was substantial, winning the electoral votes of several states in the Deep South. Although Wallace did not expect to win the election, his strategy was to prevent either major party candidate from winning a majority in the Electoral College and throw the election into the House of Representatives, where Wallace would have bargaining power sufficient to determine, or at least strongly influence, the selection of a winner."

Republicans admit Southern Strategy

RNC Chair Michael Steele Confesses to Race-Based Southern Strategy Mediaite

USATODAY.com - GOP We were wrong to play racial politics

Only because in absolute numbers because they are over 70% of the population. Percentage wise between the races is a whole different ball game.

According to Demographics of the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

- 29 million people are on welfare
- 39% white: 11,661,000
- 38% black: 11,362,000

- US population: 313,544,041
- White: 72.4%: 227,005,885
- Black: 12.6%: 39,506,549

Math time!:

Whites: 11.661,000 / 227,005,885 * 100 = 5.13%
Blacks: 11,362,000 / 39,506,549 * 100 = 28.75%

That means the total percentage of all white people in America on welfare is: 5.13%

While the total percentage of all black people in America on welfare is: 28.75%

Statistics is not as much of your your friend as you thought it was, is it?

The fact of the matter is that we are all slaves to this filthy government and that fvcking 13th Amendment isn't worth the paper it is written on..

So? Blacks have always been a large percentage of the poor in the US. After all it wasn't that many generations ago that many were slaves.

You are not a slave. You are free to denounce your US citizenship and move anywhere in the world you want to.

Being white doesn't mean you're rich and being black doesn't mean you're poor. Being black doesn't automatically mean your ancestors were slaves ... nor does being white mean your ancestors owned slaves.

You knew this...right?

Those facts do not invalidate or contradict anything I posted.

Actually it does.

I will further elaborate; If my brother holds up a liquor store is it right to send me to prison for his crimes?

No it actually doesn't.

No.

Then why do you Democrats feel it's right to punish all whites for something somebody else did? Your oversimplification of our history seems to give you the right to falsely condemn Republicans for something they had nothing to do with?Something Democrats did in fact?

LOL. ^^^ this is the biggest bunch of bullshit ever posted.

In other words, it's beyond your redneck comprehension.

The parties never switched. The democrats of today started the KKK and voted for Jim Crowe laws.

The KKK was a right wing militant organization who advocated for the suppression of federal power and emphasis on state power. That really sounds like the modern day Democratic party?

The only difference in their control of blacks now is their methods have changed. "I'm gonna have those ******* voting democrat for the next 200 years." --LBJ, democrat

Yeah, because welfare and affirmative action are the new form of lynching.

So? Blacks have always been a large percentage of the poor in the US. After all it wasn't that many generations ago that many were slaves.

You are not a slave. You are free to denounce your US citizenship and move anywhere in the world you want to.

Being white doesn't mean you're rich and being black doesn't mean you're poor. Being black doesn't automatically mean your ancestors were slaves ... nor does being white mean your ancestors owned slaves.

You knew this...right?

Actually it does.

I will further elaborate; If my brother holds up a liquor store is it right to send me to prison for his crimes?

No it actually doesn't.

No.

Then why do you Democrats feel it's right to punish all whites for something somebody else did? Your oversimplification of our history seems to give you the right to falsely condemn Republicans for something they had nothing to do with?Something Democrats did in fact?
What makes you think Dems feel its right to punish all whites for something someone else did? This country practiced and legalized slavery and Jim Crow. Because of that Blacks suffered economic and academic injury. This country is not someone else.

2m7vmm8.jpg

Wait...Wut? You sez da Democraps of fitty years ago wuz right wing conservatives? Th-th-th-that's impossible! Ma heads a gonna asplode!

The parties never switched. The democrats of today started the KKK and voted for Jim Crowe laws.

The KKK was a right wing militant organization who advocated for the suppression of federal power and emphasis on state power. That really sounds like the modern day Democratic party?

The only difference in their control of blacks now is their methods have changed. "I'm gonna have those ******* voting democrat for the next 200 years." --LBJ, democrat

The new form of lynching is going after cops over Ferguson.

The only difference between the KKK, and the NAACP, the congressional black caucus, and the Nation of Islam is the KKK never was government sponsored. All of them are racist organizations with conservatives roots.

Last edited:

You knew this...right?

Actually it does.

No it actually doesn't.

No.

I only made a point about poverty. Nothing to do with theft. The reason they are still impoverished isn't that White Culture stole the fruits of their labor. Or is it?

The new form of lynching is going after cops over Ferguson.

The only difference between the KKK, and the NAACP, the congressional black caucus, and the National of Islam is the KKK never was government sponsored. All of them are racist organizations with conservatives roots.
NAACP was started by white liberals. Sorry.

NAACP 100 Years of History NAACP

"The NAACP was formed partly in response to the continuing horrific practice of lynching and the 1908 race riot in Springfield, the capital of Illinois and resting place of President Abraham Lincoln. Appalled at the violence that was committed against blacks, a group of white liberals that included Mary White Ovington and Oswald Garrison Villard, both the descendants of abolitionists, William English Walling and Dr. Henry Moscowitz issued a call for a meeting to discuss racial justice. Some 60 people, seven of whom were African American (including W. E. B. Du Bois, Ida B. Wells-Barnett and Mary Church Terrell), signed the call, which was released on the centennial of Lincoln's birth."

To compare Ferguson with the KKK and equate the KKK with the NAACP, the congressional black caucus, and the National of Islam is logic right out of Doofisville High School.

You knew this...right?

Actually it does.

No it actually doesn't.

No.

I only made a point about poverty. Nothing to do with theft. The reason they are still impoverished isn't that White Culture stole the fruits of their labor. Or is it?

Actually the primary cause of poverty in any race is lack of income. Two incomes is better than one. Most blacks are born into single parent families. Add a lack of work ethic to this and regulations that discourage couples from marrying and you have poverty.

Actually it does.

No it actually doesn't.

No.

Actually the primary cause of poverty in any race is lack of income. Two incomes is better than one. Most blacks are born into single parent families. Add a lack of work ethic to this and regulations that discourage couples from marrying and you have poverty.

Well the primary cause of why a greater % of the Black population is poverty stricken can be debated, I'm not saying that those are not valid factors in continuation of both White and Black poverty.

[

If you leave no one is going to us the law to try and return you to your owner. Again having to pay tax like every other wage or income earner is not being a slave.

Being forced to give money to the state to be redistributed to a bunch of welfare queens is a form of slavery no matter how you look at it. The welfare queens are the ones that employ the slave master through the electorate system. They elect shitheads like Obama to steal the money for them. Thievery by the government is just as rampant and abusive as any other thievery.

The only difference is that if your resist the slavery Instead of being whipped you are thrown in jail or have your property confiscated. You are even advocating exile if someone doesn't want to have their labor stolen by the state.

Nobody would complain too much if the government took money from us to provide minimal collective services like defense, courts, police etc. However, when our money is taken from us and then given to somebody else through welfare, bailouts, subsidies and entitlements then that is pretty much thievery and thievery of labor is slavery.

The 13th Amendment to the Constitution doesn't mean jackshit as it pertains to the government. All it means is that we can't own slaves but it doesn't prevent the government from enslaving us.

[

If you leave no one is going to us the law to try and return you to your owner. Again having to pay tax like every other wage or income earner is not being a slave.

Being forced to give money to the state to be redistributed to a bunch of welfare queens is a form of slavery no matter how you look at it. The welfare queens are the ones that employ the slave master through the electorate system. They elect shitheads like Obama to steal the money for them. Thievery by the government is just as rampant and abusive as any other thievery.

The only difference is that if your resist the slavery Instead of being whipped you are thrown in jail or have your property confiscated. You are even advocating exile if someone doesn't want to have their labor stolen by the state.

Nobody would complain too much if the government took money from us to provide minimal collective services like defense, courts, police etc. However, when our money is taken from us and then given to somebody else through welfare, bailouts, subsidies and entitlements then that is pretty much thievery and thievery of labor is slavery.

The 13th Amendment to the Constitution doesn't mean jackshit as it pertains to the government. All it means is that we can't own slaves but it doesn't prevent the government from enslaving us.

Taxes are a part of every civilization. To call paying them slavery is a hyperbole and a half. It only serves to diminish the memory of the suffering those slaves endured.

[

Taxes are a part of every civilization. To call paying them slavery is a hyperbole and a half. It only serves to diminish the memory of the suffering those slaves endured.

Taxes are not very civilized when the combined Federal, state and local governments in the US collect over 40% of the GNP and a substantial part of that goes to redistribution. That is I earn the money and the government forcibly takes it from me and gives it to somebody else that was too sorry to earn it themselves. That is a form of uncivilized slavery no matter how you look at it.

A progressive tax system combined with a welfare like we have is as uncivilized as it gets.

A civilized country would not have a IRS that uses the power of the government to curtail a grassroots political movement like we see here in this country, by the way

...Such a shame that in 100 years the parties switched positions, yet the conservatives continued to thwart American justice and ideals.
And yet, America has just given them back the Senate, while keeping the House, and with the Oval Office now in their sights, and, perhaps, in their reach.

Perhaps they're not quite the ogres you're portraying them to be?

[

Taxes are not very civilized when the combined Federal, state and local governments in the US collect over 40% of the GNP and a substantial part of that goes to redistribution. That is I earn the money and the government forcibly takes it from me and gives it to somebody else that was too sorry to earn it themselves. That is a form of uncivilized slavery no matter how you look at it.

A progressive tax system combined with a welfare like we have is as uncivilized as it gets.

A civilized country would not have a IRS that uses the power of the government to curtail a grassroots political movement like we see here in this country, by the way

Why Americans Hate Welfare BillMoyers.com

Forum List

Back