149 years ago today

Statistics say white people are by far the largest benefactors of this new system. Wait.....its always been like that.

Only because in absolute numbers because they are over 70% of the population. Percentage wise between the races is a whole different ball game.

According to Demographics of the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

- 29 million people are on welfare
- 39% white: 11,661,000
- 38% black: 11,362,000

- US population: 313,544,041
- White: 72.4%: 227,005,885
- Black: 12.6%: 39,506,549

Math time!:

Whites: 11.661,000 / 227,005,885 * 100 = 5.13%
Blacks: 11,362,000 / 39,506,549 * 100 = 28.75%

That means the total percentage of all white people in America on welfare is: 5.13%

While the total percentage of all black people in America on welfare is: 28.75%

Statistics is not as much of your your friend as you thought it was, is it?

The fact of the matter is that we are all slaves to this filthy government and that fvcking 13th Amendment isn't worth the paper it is written on..

So? Blacks have always been a large percentage of the poor in the US. After all it wasn't that many generations ago that many were slaves.

You are not a slave. You are free to denounce your US citizenship and move anywhere in the world you want to.

Statistics say white people are by far the largest benefactors of this new system. Wait.....its always been like that.

Only because in absolute numbers because they are over 70% of the population. Percentage wise between the races is a whole different ball game.

According to Demographics of the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Math time!:

That means the total percentage of all white people in America on welfare is: 5.13%

The fact of the matter is that we are all slaves to this filthy government and that fvcking 13th Amendment isn't worth the paper it is written on..

So? Blacks have always been a large percentage of the poor in the US. After all it wasn't that many generations ago that many were slaves.

You are not a slave. You are free to denounce your US citizenship and move anywhere in the world you want to.

Being white doesn't mean you're rich and being black doesn't mean you're poor. Being black doesn't automatically mean your ancestors were slaves ... nor does being white mean your ancestors owned slaves.

You knew this...right?

1964 election results:

698px-ElectoralCollege1964.svg.png

I've lived here since 1961. I think I have a better personal picture than you do. When I was kid, all of the cops, clergy, judges, businessmen, politicians and any other significant white male personage was a true and vocal southern Democrat. A mere twenty years later that same demographic had flipped parties almost totally. You want to look for the segregationists? Look for the generational wealth that liked the old familiar social order and there they are, donating heavily to the GOP.
Yep, you Southerners all are under the impression that the GOP only supports the rich.

You really don't understand your own region.

I never saw the old South ... so I'm not prejudiced by the memory of it. You on the other hand are. I moved here after the civil rights movement was over. Most of the old landholders are dead and gone long ago. What remains is a middle-class that still hangs on to their Democrat roots, although when you talk to them they sound like Republicans ... but only because you assume their racism or bigotry means they're Republicans. I'm sure that who the wealthy donate to they consider none of your business ... I can only assume you're making it up. Just like you're making up that all of those vocal Southern Democrats changed parties rather than just clammed up or eventual passed away. Up in Kentucky registered Democrats outnumber Republicans by a great deal. They voted in a Democrat governor.
Why are you still trying to contradict what I saw with my own eyes? I am not trying to Bullshit you here, there is only 15 - 20 years between Segregated schools in Alabama and Ronald Reagan, Not going to lose that many bigots from the voter rolls. They switched parties and, more importantly, brought their odious moral majority christian social conservative bullshit with them. Those people were studiously ignored by republicans until their votes began to matter.
You are messing up the narrative. Nobody wants to admit the southern strategy worked even though 2 GOP leaders admitted to it.
It does not really matter, this is a tried and true message board troll topic that I have argued many times. No one actually believes that when the south switched parties they did not bring their political baggage with them.
The parties never switched. Dems still believe in strong government and controlling people.

The southern conservative GOP still believe in one-party state government, controlling people.

[

The slaves in yesteryear were always able to run away from their slavery also. Don't you think it is better to not have the slavery to start with than to suggest running away from it, duh?

See my sig line.

I am a slave because the filthy government takes the fruits of my labor away from me by force. It is quite a bit. As a nation the government takes over 40% of the money that we earn and gives of almost nothing of value in return. The welfare queens that vote in the shithead politicians that takes the money away and redistributes are the slave owners.

Here is a lady bragging about her getting something for free that a slave had to provide to her:

[video]

The conservative Dems then are the conservative Pubs now.

Riiiight, Robert Bird explain him, you can't.

Riiiight, Strom Thurmond explain him, you can't. Robert Bird repented his evil ways and tried to make up for them. Strom just changed parties, made no apologies, kept on fucking black women, having children by them while not acknowledging them. Southern conservatives are hypocrites as well about rice.

149 years ago today, on Dec. 18, 1865, the 13th Amendment to the Constitution was adopted after ratification by 3/4 of the states. The Amendment prohibited slavery and involuntary servitude throughout the country.

A year before, the amendment had been passed by the Senate, but Democrats in the House voted against it in an effort to keep blacks "in their place" - a trend the Democrats continue to this day, starting and joining groups such as the Ku Klux Klan and passing legislation saying that black people can't manage their lives without the assistance of whites, despite strong objections of Republicans. With extensive political maneuvering by President Lincoln, the House finally overcame the resistance of racist Democrats and passed the Amendment.
Those dems were todays republicans.

Care to offer any proof of that? Anything? And don't even bring up Dixiecrats without checking your history.

The comment about Dixiecrats shows that Freewill knows he is on the "dumb" path.

I've lived here since 1961. I think I have a better personal picture than you do. When I was kid, all of the cops, clergy, judges, businessmen, politicians and any other significant white male personage was a true and vocal southern Democrat. A mere twenty years later that same demographic had flipped parties almost totally. You want to look for the segregationists? Look for the generational wealth that liked the old familiar social order and there they are, donating heavily to the GOP.
Yep, you Southerners all are under the impression that the GOP only supports the rich.

I never saw the old South ... so I'm not prejudiced by the memory of it. You on the other hand are. I moved here after the civil rights movement was over. Most of the old landholders are dead and gone long ago. What remains is a middle-class that still hangs on to their Democrat roots, although when you talk to them they sound like Republicans ... but only because you assume their racism or bigotry means they're Republicans. I'm sure that who the wealthy donate to they consider none of your business ... I can only assume you're making it up. Just like you're making up that all of those vocal Southern Democrats changed parties rather than just clammed up or eventual passed away. Up in Kentucky registered Democrats outnumber Republicans by a great deal. They voted in a Democrat governor.
Why are you still trying to contradict what I saw with my own eyes? I am not trying to Bullshit you here, there is only 15 - 20 years between Segregated schools in Alabama and Ronald Reagan, Not going to lose that many bigots from the voter rolls. They switched parties and, more importantly, brought their odious moral majority christian social conservative bullshit with them. Those people were studiously ignored by republicans until their votes began to matter.
You are messing up the narrative. Nobody wants to admit the southern strategy worked even though 2 GOP leaders admitted to it.
It does not really matter, this is a tried and true message board troll topic that I have argued many times. No one actually believes that when the south switched parties they did not bring their political baggage with them.
The South didn't switch parties. Quit lying. Republicans aren't racists. We are proud of our anti-slavery heritage.

Prove that last statement right from 1968.

False statement of the week. "The truth, the Dixiecrats left the Democrat party for one presidential election cycle, then went back to their home, the democrat party."

Can't be proved. Everything else fails because no one has given any proof

False statement of the week. "The truth, the Dixiecrats left the Democrat party for one presidential election cycle, then went back to their home, the democrat party."

Can't be proved. Everything else fails because no one has given any proof

I apologize. Flash's statement above has become the stupid statement of the week.

Math time!:

Being white doesn't mean you're rich and being black doesn't mean you're poor. Being black doesn't automatically mean your ancestors were slaves ... nor does being white mean your ancestors owned slaves.

You knew this...right?

Those facts do not invalidate or contradict anything I posted.

Math time!:

You knew this...right?

Actually it does.

I will further elaborate; If my brother holds up a liquor store is it right to send me to prison for his crimes?

Math time!:

You knew this...right?

Actually it does.

I will further elaborate; If my brother holds up a liquor store is it right to send me to prison for his crimes?
Depends on your philosophy. If your brother cannot pay restitution there are plenty of societies that believe you should pay for your families sins.

[

The slaves in yesteryear were always able to run away from their slavery also. Don't you think it is better to not have the slavery to start with than to suggest running away from it, duh?

See my sig line.

I am a slave because the filthy government takes the fruits of my labor away from me by force. It is quite a bit. As a nation the government takes over 40% of the money that we earn and gives of almost nothing of value in return. The welfare queens that vote in the shithead politicians that takes the money away and redistributes are the slave owners.

Here is a lady bragging about her getting something for free that a slave had to provide to her:

[video]

If you leave no one is going to us the law to try and return you to your owner. Again having to pay tax like every other wage or income earner is not being a slave.

149 years ago today, on Dec. 18, 1865, the 13th Amendment to the Constitution was adopted after ratification by 3/4 of the states. The Amendment prohibited slavery and involuntary servitude throughout the country.

A year before, the amendment had been passed by the Senate, but Democrats in the House voted against it in an effort to keep blacks "in their place" - a trend the Democrats continue to this day, starting and joining groups such as the Ku Klux Klan and passing legislation saying that black people can't manage their lives without the assistance of whites, despite strong objections of Republicans. With extensive political maneuvering by President Lincoln, the House finally overcame the resistance of racist Democrats and passed the Amendment.
Those dems were todays republicans.

Care to offer any proof of that? Anything? And don't even bring up Dixiecrats without checking your history.

The comment about Dixiecrats shows that Freewill knows he is on the "dumb" path.

So now Jake, RWer, not only wants us to believe the fantasy that he is anything but a liberal democrat he now wishes to call TRUE history dumb. Not surprising.

From the following site, and I will note that there is fodder for those who believe in the Dixiecrat BS.

Dixiecrats New Georgia Encyclopedia

On election day 1948, the Dixiecrats won Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, and South Carolina but failed to win any state in which Thurmond appeared as a third-party candidate. In Georgia, Thurmond came in a distant second to Truman. A closer analysis of the Dixiecrat phenomenon revealed an interesting pattern: the Dixiecrats were most successful in the states and counties where black citizens were the most numerous. The Deep South states boasted the largest black populations, and white voters in those states were the most determined to preserve racial segregation and black disenfranchisement, and thus were more likely to vote for the Dixiecrat ticket. A similar trend is evident in county-level election returns, in which Thurmond was more likely to win counties where black populations were large and white voters feared racial change. In the border South, where blacks were less abundant and white voters were less preoccupied with segregation, support for the Dixiecrat candidates was negligible.
Although the Dixiecrats immediately dissolved after the 1948 election, their impact lasted much longer. Many white voters who initially cast Dixiecrat ballots gravitated back toward the Democratic Party only grudgingly, and they remained nominal Democrats at best. Ultimately, the Dixiecrat movement paved the way for the rise of the modern Republican Party in the South. Many former Dixiecrat supporters eventually became Republicans, as was highlighted by Strom Thurmond's conversion in the 1960s.

The South didn't switch parties. Quit lying. Republicans aren't racists. We are proud of our anti-slavery heritage.

Prove that last statement right from 1968.

Ha more RWer innuendo.

But it is easy to prove, LBJ died a democrat.

The burden of proof is on you RWer.

Math time!:

You knew this...right?

Actually it does.

No it actually doesn't.

No.

Forum List

Back