142nd Kentucky Derby

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Q (News 8 Daybreak): Exaggerator has had some pretty good luck lately.

A (Colt Owner Matt Bryan): “Exaggerator won the Santa Anita Derby and he won the Saratoga Special, he won the Delta Jackpot. So he's been very successful and he won his maiden race, so he's won four times, finished second once and two thirds, a fourth and a fifth.”

Q: What is the field of horses like this year?

A: “Oh it's a good field this year, there is a horse Nyquist, he's favored, he's 7-0...”

========================

The 142nd Kentucky Derby will be held at Churchill Downs tomorrow (Saturday, May 7). There are a handful of impressive competing horses with their respective skilled jockeys.

The owners, patrons, and fans are excited about what could be a very nice horse race this year.

Nyquist is a favourite horse to win, and I'm betting on Exaggerator, a nice colt who may give his owner Matt Bryan something to smile about --- a chance at history (see link below).

Even if you're not a horse-racing fan and your only exposure to horse-racing is limited to the James Bond film A View To a Kill (Christopher Walken), the 142nd Kentucky Derby might please your yearning for a mint julep and a view of great horse praise.

Kentucky Derby 2016 (Official Website)

North Texas-owned Exaggerator Chases History

NJ.com: Why I'm Choosing Exaggerator (Jerry Izenberg)

exaggerator.jpg

World Approval & Ad Revenues

My favourite horse to win World Approval placed in a surprisingly high second place in the Woodford Reserve Turf Classic, one of the horse races leading up to the main Kentucky Derby race at Churchill Downs.

I'm still going with Exaggerator for the main race, but I also like Mohaymen, though he's a bit of a dark horse!

There should be more high-brow mercantile endorsements like the one surrounding the Kentucky Derby. How about a nice Ford Escape eco-friendly car ad with NBA superstar Kobe Bryant as spokesperson?

The Kentucky Derby and the Super Bowl arguably boast the best product marketing ads.

Ad revenues comprise a major aspect of broadcast sports in the modern age.

cd.jpg ram.jpg

Nyquist Wins 142 Kentucky Derby.

"Darley Arabian" still producing champions, 300 years later...

dannie lynn looks just like her daddie now.....that is the best part of the derby for me....seeing her grow up......yes i am an anna nicole freak.....forgive me

Forum List

Back