14 Year Old Autistic Boy Tased by Police in School

hmmm this happened here...an austic child...beat up this teacher in front of the art class..she was bloodied with black eyes...the kids saw it all....an austic child is very frustrated ...imagine having feelings of frustration you cannot express...the school should be held at fault for not dealing with it..and calling 911..it should have been handled in house...as the parents said...a system was in place to deal with the child without forcing a meltdown...it becomes a mess when the school gives up and calls the police..

hmmm this happened here...an austic child...beat up this teacher in front of the art class..she was bloodied with black eyes...the kids saw it all....an austic child is very frustrated ...imagine having feelings of frustration you cannot express...the school should be held at fault for not dealing with it..and calling 911..it should have been handled in house...as the parents said...a system was in place to deal with the child without forcing a meltdown...it becomes a mess when the school gives up and calls the police..

Well, as one who has worked with special needs kids of all ages, I have been hit, spit on, had chairs and desks thrown at me, kicked, pencils, crayons and their boxes thrown at me..........

I am also trained how to "hold" a child who becomes violent, and to do it so he/she can't harm themself or anyone else. Not many teachers are trained for this. But I still feel the tasered until he passed out is wrong in so many ways.

I've worked with them, too..only mine were grown men.

Different holds for different people, you can't just universally apply the same holds to everyone, you have to assess their needs and then design the types of restraining methodology you'll use.

We had a very crazy guy. He'd seriously hurt two women (including a girl who worked under me, the other in the state hospital) and regularly went berserck. He also had a terrible case of seizure disorder, I'd counted 85 seizures in 2 hours once (and he was sedated). Anyway, he went off and was breaking things (in a group home) and finally called the police because there's only so much that you can do in a group home situation, and only so far you allow them to go when other people are depending on you.

So the cops came, he flipped a 7 foot couch end over end in the living room and three beefy cops were on him...one pointing a taser at him, one holding his hands behind his back on the floor..and the other standing with one booted foot on his back and one on the back of his neck.

I was like..."No, don't tase him, he might die, he's got seizure disorder..." but then I got to thinking...maybe it would CURE him!

Anyway, eventually they were able to scoot him out without tasing him.

And when I say there are other people depending on you, I mean the two sex offenders who might take off if you're involved in restraining Crazy Joe and go on their own rampage....

I was like..."No, don't tase him, he might die, he's got seizure disorder..." but then I got to thinking...maybe it would CURE him!

Anyway, eventually they were able to scoot him out without tasing him.

Nurse Ratchet

Lol.
Naw, my guys liked me. You know, I worked with the big boys, opportunistic sex offenders and absolute unpredictable lunatics all the way through my pregnancy until the day my baby was born, and was back to work in 3 days.

The only time I ever got hurt was when I tried to shut the door to the office when "Crazy Joe" tried to kick it in. I couldn't see him, I was just pushing it shut and wham, he got my hand a little.

But that was it. I'm smart, I don't get into stupid situations, I have eyes in the back of my head, and I only antagonize crazy guys if I'm pissed off at the next shift. And then I only do it right before shift change.

Memories I will never forget. There's nothing to compare to driving through town in the company van with a 180 lb gorilla man screaming and freaking out in the front seat next to you.

Forum List

Back