14 Ways Obama Can Push Gun Control Without Congress

With today's technology, I could put a second serial number somewhere on a weapon that someone wouldn't be able to see. The part about changing the location would not be practical or a good solution in nearly all cases.

Now, why the fuck do all right-wing idiots assume they know what someone thinks about something without asking them? I simply told you the full story of the recommendation that right-wingers changed to a simple version. I know you are all too lazy to read the past posts.

What we see is the moron fuckwads of the left offering "solutions" to non-problems.

Missing serial numbers are a non-issue - it's just blowing smoke by the demagogues. How do you think we know that Rahm Emanuel sold the guns in Fast and Furious that killed the U.S. federal agents? Because despite the Cartels using acid to obscure them, we still could read them.

With today's technology, I could put a second serial number somewhere on a weapon that someone wouldn't be able to see. The part about changing the location would not be practical or a good solution in nearly all cases.

Now, why the fuck do all right-wing idiots assume they know what someone thinks about something without asking them? I simply told you the full story of the recommendation that right-wingers changed to a simple version. I know you are all too lazy to read the past posts.

What we see is the moron fuckwads of the left offering "solutions" to non-problems.

Missing serial numbers are a non-issue - it's just blowing smoke by the demagogues. How do you think we know that Rahm Emanuel sold the guns in Fast and Furious that killed the U.S. federal agents? Because despite the Cartels using acid to obscure them, we still could read them.

You can remove a serial number from a weapon, so all that smoke is bullshit. Whether someone does it properly is another story. You can put another serial number on a weapon and hid it.

I'm not interested in your tangents, start a thread!

You definitely are a moron.

Just to pick one: how would adding a second serial number to a gun help anything?

That is an incredibly stupid idea. Only a leftist bureaucrat could come up with the idea that since serial numbers don't work, let's add more.

"Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein.

Rep coming.

The idea was twisted around a bit. The idea was to put a hidden second serial number and to place existing serial numbers in areas harder to remove.

Wasn't that same thing done with cars to stop car theft?

That is an incredibly stupid idea. Only a leftist bureaucrat could come up with the idea that since serial numbers don't work, let's add more.

"Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein.

Rep coming.

The idea was twisted around a bit. The idea was to put a hidden second serial number and to place existing serial numbers in areas harder to remove.

serial numbers do not directly prevent theft you idiot. they make it easier for the justice system to punish thieves after the fact. then when those thieves are in prison they can't thieve anymore, can then?

And not one of these 14 ways would have prevented the CT shooting, will not prevent any further mass shootings, will not make us or our kids any safer and will do nothing to stop gun related crimes one bit. The ONLY thing they will do is put restrictions on the law abiding among us.
And that is, of course, the goal. Controlling the law-abiding.

All it's going to accomplish is to turn millions of law abiding citizens into criminals.

So much the better, according to the left. Then they can put people who disagree with them in prison.

Dissent used to be patriotic. Now it's treason.

By Tim Murphy and Adam Serwer

By Thursday afternoon, it was clear that Vice President Joe Biden's charms weren't going to be enough to persuade the National Rifle Association to get on board with gun control legislation. Following a 95-minute summit at the White House, the NRA issued a curt press release vowing never to surrender. "We were disappointed with how little this meeting had to do with keeping our children safe and how much it had to do with an agenda to attack the Second Amendment," the organization said. Instead, the nation's leading gun group pledged to take its "commitment and meaningful contributions" to Congress.

Fortunately for the White House, there's a Plan B. Just one day earlier, Biden signaled that the White House might take unilateral steps on gun control, noting "there are executive orders, executive action that can be taken." What those steps were, Biden wouldn't say. But we've got a pretty good idea. Here are 14 proposals, all endorsed by leading gun control advocates—and in some cases, even the NRA—that the White House and its subordinate agencies could push through on their own:

DETAILS: 14 Ways Obama Can Push Gun Control Without Congress | Mother Jones

The Left is all over finding ways to usurp The Constitution and Congress via The 14th Amendment, Executive Order, etc. These means can all come back to bite in the ass one day.
They'll just whine like little children when a GOP President uses those same powers.

I was a Civil Engineering troop -- base infrastructure support. No USAF support troops are allowed to qualify on full auto. They teach us basic marksmanship...no Rambo stuff.

The wonderful thing about .223's is that they are incredibly accurate. Even a 5.56mm fired in the same weapon lacks the precision of of a .223 (all in my opinion)

Putting a .223 into full auto or even burst mode makes no sense, since you lose the precision of the rifle. I know that with my Mini-14, I will hit what I aim at - 100% of the time. Shot a buddy's M-4, and first off, it's inferior to the Mini-14 in general, but when toggled to burst, I couldn't hit shit with it. In semi, I did just fine.
One year when I qualified the weapon was malfunctioning...set on semi, it would double tap with every pull of the trigger. The Combat Arms guy just told me to do the best I could. I kept careful track of which targets I was shooting at, and managed to qualify.

Never fired a weapon on full auto or three-round burst. While it might be emotionally satisfying, the results would be less than accurate, I expect. It would keep the bad guys' heads down, I suppose.

Just to pick one: how would adding a second serial number to a gun help anything?

Rep coming.

Serial numbers don't work, too easy to remove.

Making it more difficult to remove the serial number would be helpful.

It's already virtually impossible to remove the serial number. But how would adding another serial number help any of that?

2nd serial number isn't needed because they are near impossible to remove.

o_O

You can remove a serial number from a weapon, so all that smoke is bullshit. Whether someone does it properly is another story. You can put another serial number on a weapon and hid it.

If it's hidden, how is law enforcement going to find it?

How about a series of numbers with an increasing mandatory sentence for removal? With the last one being the death penalty. Then criminals can decide how brave they want to be.

This is THE stated function of the DOJ and all it's agencies also know as their mission statement, ya see the part I put in bold?

To enforce the law and defend the interests of the United States according to the law; to ensure public safety against threats foreign and domestic; to provide federal leadership in preventing and controlling crime; to seek just punishment for those guilty of unlawful behavior; and to ensure fair and impartial administration of justice for all Americans.

USDOJ: About DOJ

One function, to argue otherwise would be like saying the motor in your vacuum cleaner or its wheels, has a function other than to aid you in cleaning the floor.

You obviously can't follow what was originally commented on, because the person was objecting to 13.

13. Create a special DOJ unit to track interstate gun trafficking, abetted by state agreements: Richard Aborn of the Citizens Crime Commission of New York City says that the Justice Department should create a special unit focused on interstate gun trafficking to help states that want to form agreements to fight interstate gun trafficking. "Many officials in states would be happy to cooperate on trafficking—they're all interested in going after the traffickers," Aborn says.

Source: 14 Ways Obama Can Push Gun Control Without Congress | Mother Jones

The comment was why would you need that when you have the ATF? Let the ATF coordinate with state law enforcement.

Then you waste all these posts trying to prove the ATF and the DOJ are the same thing after telling me the ATF is part of the DOJ. Well, so is the FBI, but they don't do the same job. They all have different jobs.

Figure it out, it isn't that complicated!

You might want to go back an read the series of post. My first response to you concerned your response to another poster, about how well the ATF did in the area of international trafficking, namely Fast and Furious. Now you feel it necessary to tell me something I mentioned earlier, that the ATF and FBI are investigative arms of DOJ, like I didn't know that. Sounds like your starting to figure it out. But I'll tell you what, you keep learning and maybe if your lucky I'll give you another lesson when you start showing your ignorance again. I say when because the one thing you have demonstrated, is you have an abundance of ignorance. Until then you have a great day out there in fantasy land.

serial numbers do not directly prevent theft you idiot. they make it easier for the justice system to punish thieves after the fact. then when those thieves are in prison they can't thieve anymore, can then?

They're really catching all those car thieves aren't they? You can be so funny sometimes.

You can remove a serial number from a weapon,

Looks like even the Mexican cartels can't do so successfully.

BTW, what percentage of guns used in crimes have an altered serial number?

.0006%? .0005%?

It's a non-issue hyped by you demagogues - it has no relevance to real life. You probably don't know it, but you don't care either. You spew party propaganda with no regard for veracity.

so all that smoke is bullshit. Whether someone does it properly is another story. You can put another serial number on a weapon and hid it.

It's rarely - to the point of practically never, done at all. When it is done, it doesn't work.

The NY Gun law addresses non-issues - typical of mindless leftists.

If I were, I'd be a fuckwad Obamabot - the tell-tale mark of a moron.

Look fuckwad, we know how to use photoshop too!

obamatelephone.jpg

If it's hidden, how is law enforcement going to find it?

How about a series of numbers with an increasing mandatory sentence for removal? With the last one being the death penalty. Then criminals can decide how brave they want to be.

Maybe because law enforcement knows where it's hidden.

This is THE stated function of the DOJ and all it's agencies also know as their mission statement, ya see the part I put in bold?

To enforce the law and defend the interests of the United States according to the law; to ensure public safety against threats foreign and domestic; to provide federal leadership in preventing and controlling crime; to seek just punishment for those guilty of unlawful behavior; and to ensure fair and impartial administration of justice for all Americans.

USDOJ: About DOJ

One function, to argue otherwise would be like saying the motor in your vacuum cleaner or its wheels, has a function other than to aid you in cleaning the floor.

You obviously can't follow what was originally commented on, because the person was objecting to 13.

13. Create a special DOJ unit to track interstate gun trafficking, abetted by state agreements: Richard Aborn of the Citizens Crime Commission of New York City says that the Justice Department should create a special unit focused on interstate gun trafficking to help states that want to form agreements to fight interstate gun trafficking. "Many officials in states would be happy to cooperate on trafficking—they're all interested in going after the traffickers," Aborn says.

The comment was why would you need that when you have the ATF? Let the ATF coordinate with state law enforcement.

Then you waste all these posts trying to prove the ATF and the DOJ are the same thing after telling me the ATF is part of the DOJ. Well, so is the FBI, but they don't do the same job. They all have different jobs.

You might want to go back an read the series of post. My first response to you concerned your response to another poster, about how well the ATF did in the area of international trafficking, namely Fast and Furious. Now you feel it necessary to tell me something I mentioned earlier, that the ATF and FBI are investigative arms of DOJ, like I didn't know that. Sounds like your starting to figure it out. But I'll tell you what, you keep learning and maybe if your lucky I'll give you another lesson when you start showing your ignorance again. I say when because the one thing you have demonstrated, is you have an abundance of ignorance. Until then you have a great day out there in fantasy land.

You idiots have been told about fast and furious being a sting, but you don't want to believe it, because you just want to bitch. It's a common practice in law enforcement to actually allow a shipment to proceed so they can locate who gets it. Guns are bought in very small numbers, if not one at a time. Even when you have someone with a few weapons, if you bust him, someone takes his place. It doesn't bother me they were tracing where those weapons were sent, but it bothers you because Obama was President.

You idiots have been told about fast and furious being a sting, but you don't want to believe it, because you just want to bitch. It's a common practice in law enforcement to actually allow a shipment to proceed so they can locate who gets it. Guns are bought in very small numbers, if not one at a time. Even when you have someone with a few weapons, if you bust him, someone takes his place. It doesn't bother me they were tracing where those weapons were sent, but it bothers you because Obama was President.
But they WEREN'T tracing the weapons. They got lost due to incompetence.

The end goal, of course, was a tragedy the Administration could exploit to further limit Second Amendment rights.

Forum List

Back