14 Wacky "Facts" Kids Will Learn in Louisiana's Voucher Schools

It's a shame that left wingers don't even understand what Louisiana is doing or maybe the blind bigotry and hatred sparked by left wing sites like Huffington influences their opinion. States have the legal responsibility to use taxpayer money to educate children. The dirty little secret is that radical lefties are afraid of freedom and information is the left's greatest enemy. Does anyone really believe that Louisiana kids will be mentally impaired by an alternate discussion of creationism? Think about it lefties. Will the entire shrimping industry fail if Louisiana kids get an education that includes the option to believe Christian values? Check your bigotry at the door.

Yes, I believe that the curriculum described in the link will mentally impair students. There are good curricula and bad curricula, just as there are good teachers and bad teachers. A student learns more (true things) from a good curriculum than a bad one. A life science curriculum that teaches "Dinosaurs and humans were definitely on the earth at the same time" or a history curriculum that says that "The majority of [American] slave holders treated their slaves well" is a bad curriculum.

"Freedom" doesn't mean that teachers should teach kids whatever they want. The duty to instill critical thinking skills is in no way license to praise Nazism or to teach that 2+2 can be five. And I don't accept that "will this cause the entire shrimping industry to fail?" should be the sole criterion by which Louisiana's system is judged.

And for the record, I do not believe for a minute that most Christians actually believe anything like many of the assertions contained in the link.

Not quite. Jindal is using the states tax money to teach kids how to be stupid. It's no wonder that most right wingers are complete unthinking idiots.

It's a shame that left wingers don't even understand what Louisiana is doing or maybe the blind bigotry and hatred sparked by left wing sites like Huffington influences their opinion. States have the legal responsibility to use taxpayer money to educate children. The dirty little secret is that radical lefties are afraid of freedom and information is the left's greatest enemy. Does anyone really believe that Louisiana kids will be mentally impaired by an alternate discussion of creationism? Think about it lefties. Will the entire shrimping industry fail if Louisiana kids get an education that includes the option to believe Christian values? Check your bigotry at the door.

It's a Christian value to teach absolute lies and keep kids stupid?

Of course not. If it was we would be encouraging kids to stay in Public school.

So you have personal experience. Is this what you think we should teach?

And the best HS here in the city is a catholic school.... which jews attend in droves. Are they going for the religious crap...or the education they receive?

I dont think any religion should be taught in school. But as i have said before.... i would take a parochial school over a public school any day.

I attended a Catholic grade school and University. They never tried to teach the shit that the bible thumper schools are teaching. People and dinosaurs coexisted??? The Trail of Tears was God's attempt to convert Indians??? The KKK was a respected organization that went after bootleggers??? Slave owners were usually kind????

These are some fucked up people.

And what evidence, other than the word of an unknown author with a clear political agenda, do we have that anyone is actually teaching these things?

Red states are scary...

I know. The audacity of having to make your own choices and hold yourself accountable for your actions and education. Such crazy ideas. Much easier to give all responsibility to someone else.

And the best HS here in the city is a catholic school.... which jews attend in droves. Are they going for the religious crap...or the education they receive?

I dont think any religion should be taught in school. But as i have said before.... i would take a parochial school over a public school any day.

I attended a Catholic grade school and University. They never tried to teach the shit that the bible thumper schools are teaching. People and dinosaurs coexisted??? The Trail of Tears was God's attempt to convert Indians??? The KKK was a respected organization that went after bootleggers??? Slave owners were usually kind????

And what evidence, other than the word of an unknown author with a clear political agenda, do we have that anyone is actually teaching these things?

The OP link is full of live links to support it.

If there is a God, he sure is an evil bastard according to the Old Testament.

Cruelty and Violence in the Old Testament

Yet, He still sacrificed his life for you.

HE didn't do shit for me. What is your prayer success rate? Charles Manson isn't as creepy as the God portrayed in the Old Testament.

He provides you with the air you breath, the water you drink, the food you eat. He gave you your mind, your heart, your eyes, your ears. He gave you your skills, He gave you the unique attributes that make you you. He gave you your family. Your friends.

He has given you so much you don't even see. And He will continue to do so forever.

lets see......

private education......vs..... public education.

ill take private over public any day of the week.

Why? (serious question)

Because Private Schools have to Compete for Students. If they keep pumping out kids who can not pass tests, nobody will send their fucking kids there. While Public Schools just keep sucking, and nobody has a choice.

Why do you think people pay so much to send kids to some of these private schools? Because they are Better at Teaching kids. Period.

I love it you liberal atheists talk about abusurdity. You guys think the universe was an atom and just blew up..just cuz. your "scietific" theories hold up as well as Greek Mythology. And as for science, I bet I can name more heavy hitting Christian scientists than you can atheist...just sayin

The best part is they believe in String Theory/M-Theory and they deny there is a God?

Yeah they will refuse to believe in God but will believe in vibrating strings and potential connections to other universes.

Quantum physics thus far has proven God more real than most scientists expected - many just wont admit it.

Yeah, scientists are so stupid...

I wouldn't say they're stupid but someone has to be wrong....

There is only one truth and multiple theories in many scientific fields - who holds the right theory (or truth) and who are the idiots?

Some scientist has to be wrong and some will have to be right....

I suppose my point is scientists of any breed will most certainly be wrong more often than not...

Presently science is not an open minded field - many clinch their theories like an old man clinches his cane with white knuckles....

It's almost a spectator sport instead of a voyage to find the truth......

Every scientist today wants to be the next Einstein - they're right and everyone else is wrong........

Yeah they are idiots given their childish behavior.....

Not to mention many go out of their way to prove a theory instead of utilizing the scientific method....

Well, firstly the publication (Mother Jones) is fairly well-known and has clear editorial policies.

Secondly, the author of the piece is supplying direct quotes from published works. Anyone who has a copy of the textbook (which I certainly don't) in question can test the accuracy of the quote. The introduction to the Life Science textbook is free online (Life Science Student Text (3rd ed.) | BJU Press) and it does make it quite clear that the authors are relying on their interpretation of the Bible to provide scientific facts, though dinosaurs are not specifically addressed. The table of contents does make it clear that dinosaurs are discussed right after Noah's Ark.

lets see......

private education......vs..... public education.

ill take private over public any day of the week.

Not quite. Jindal is using the states tax money to teach kids how to be stupid. It's no wonder that most right wingers are complete unthinking idiots.

At least they are teaching stupid....as opposed of not being taught anything at all.

Public education has been boiled down to one thing. Testing. Event the best public school districts have removed critical thinking from the process. Now it's all about "teaching the test"..
Public schools no longer turn out thinkers. Public schools release kids who have no idea how to think for themselves. They have been told they must go to college or they are worthless. If those kids do not have the grades or did not test well, they are screwed. The Public schools have been failing children ever since some left wing educrat invented "outcome based education".

At least they are teaching stupid....as opposed of not being taught anything at all.

Public education has been boiled down to one thing. Testing. Event the best public school districts have removed critical thinking from the process. Now it's all about "teaching the test"..
Public schools no longer turn out thinkers. Public schools release kids who have no idea how to think for themselves. They have been told they must go to college or they are worthless. If those kids do not have the grades or did not test well, they are screwed. The Public schools have been failing children ever since some left wing educrat invented "outcome based education".

I call it brainwashing but the more scientific term is called "whole language" - it's a pretty slippery slope...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whole_language

Last edited:

Forum List

Back