14 Wacky "Facts" Kids Will Learn in Louisiana's Voucher Schools

Here's a Louisiana Charter school (not a religious school) that forces girls to take prenancy tests, and bounces them if they're pregnant.

http://www.delhicharterschool.org/w...sting/Delhi_Charter_school_policy_manual.html

If an administrator or teacher suspects a student is pregnant, a parent conference will be held. The school reserves the right to require any female student to take a pregnancy test to confirm whether or not the suspected student is in fact pregnant. The school further reserves the right to refer the suspected student to a physician of its choice. If the test indicates that the student is pregnant, the student will not be permitted to attend classes on the campus of Delhi Charter School.

If a student is determined to be pregnant and wishes to continue to attend Delhi Charter School, the student will be required to pursue a course of home study that will be provided by the school…Any student who is suspected of being pregnant and who refuses to submit to a pregnancy test shall be treated as a pregnant student and will be offered home study opportunities. If home study opportunities are not acceptable, the student will be counseled to seek other educational opportunities.

Infuckingsane.

lets see......

private education......vs..... public education.

ill take private over public any day of the week.

Not quite. Jindal is using the states tax money to teach kids how to be stupid. It's no wonder that most right wingers are complete unthinking idiots.

It's a shame that left wingers don't even understand what Louisiana is doing or maybe the blind bigotry and hatred sparked by left wing sites like Huffington influences their opinion. States have the legal responsibility to use taxpayer money to educate children. The dirty little secret is that radical lefties are afraid of freedom and information is the left's greatest enemy. Does anyone really believe that Louisiana kids will be mentally impaired by an alternate discussion of creationism? Think about it lefties. Will the entire shrimping industry fail if Louisiana kids get an education that includes the option to believe Christian values? Check your bigotry at the door.

I have hired kids from The Seventh Day adventist school(where they have to earn money to pay for thier private religious education)in Gentry, Arkansas(Home of Little Debbies , where the kids work there for min wage). The kids were basically not able to function in the real world. Less than the abilities of all the 100's of kids I have hired from public schools.
The contractors/builders that were Seventh Day Adventist, the majority were obnoxious and rude to people not like them, but, there is a sub-culture which exists there and I got along with them just fine, they were friendly, not judgemental.

Here's a Louisiana Charter school (not a religious school) that forces girls to take prenancy tests, and bounces them if they're pregnant.

http://www.delhicharterschool.org/w...sting/Delhi_Charter_school_policy_manual.html

If an administrator or teacher suspects a student is pregnant, a parent conference will be held. The school reserves the right to require any female student to take a pregnancy test to confirm whether or not the suspected student is in fact pregnant. The school further reserves the right to refer the suspected student to a physician of its choice. If the test indicates that the student is pregnant, the student will not be permitted to attend classes on the campus of Delhi Charter School.

If a student is determined to be pregnant and wishes to continue to attend Delhi Charter School, the student will be required to pursue a course of home study that will be provided by the school…Any student who is suspected of being pregnant and who refuses to submit to a pregnancy test shall be treated as a pregnant student and will be offered home study opportunities. If home study opportunities are not acceptable, the student will be counseled to seek other educational opportunities.

Infuckingsane.

Hey dumbass,

That is the way it used to be in public schools.

To bad we don't get back to it.

Infuckingsane.

They don't bounce them out!They have the opportunity to have a home schooling program. The pregnant student is better off doing it this way.

At least they are teaching stupid....as opposed of not being taught anything at all.

So you have personal experience. Is this what you think we should teach?

3. "God used the Trail of Tears to bring many Indians to Christ."—America: Land That I Love, Teacher ed., A Beka Book, 1994

And the best HS here in the city is a catholic school.... which jews attend in droves. Are they going for the religious crap...or the education they receive?

I dont think any religion should be taught in school. But as i have said before.... i would take a parochial school over a public school any day.

I attended a Catholic grade school and University. They never tried to teach the shit that the bible thumper schools are teaching. People and dinosaurs coexisted??? The Trail of Tears was God's attempt to convert Indians??? The KKK was a respected organization that went after bootleggers??? Slave owners were usually kind????

These are some fucked up people.

This nonsense is why America is going to shit. Texas executed a guy today with an IQ of 61, and he was probably smarter than these religious nuts running around loose.

I'm against the death penalty but an IQ of 61 is almost impossible for a human.

Texas uses the Steinbeck test to evaluate mental competency...

Texas Bases Execution Decisions on John Steinbeck Novel | Mother Jones

IMO, I find no flaws in most tests, however different tests conclude different results...

The guy could have an IQ of 41 or an IQ of 81....

Besides, it's not that difficult to score an 81 or 41 on an IQ test - just wait a really long time then answer the "puzzle."

It is certainly not a lie-detector test.

Infuckingsane.

Hey dumbass,

Before Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. I guess you want to take us back to the Dark Ages. Damn you're fucking stupid.

This nonsense is why America is going to shit. Texas executed a guy today with an IQ of 61, and he was probably smarter than these religious nuts running around loose.

Did he kill people? Then I dont give a fuck what his IQ is, so dont commit murders in Texas, Lakhota, your low IQ wont save you!

I love it you liberal atheists talk about abusurdity. You guys think the universe was an atom and just blew up..just cuz. your "scietific" theories hold up as well as Greek Mythology. And as for science, I bet I can name more heavy hitting Christian scientists than you can atheist...just sayin

Did he kill people? Then I dont give a fuck what his IQ is, so dont commit murders in Texas, Lakhota, your low IQ wont save you!

Compared to you, this guy sounds like Einstein.

Texas determined that he was smarter than Lennie Small in Steinbeck's 1937 novel Of Mice and Men. No shit...

Infuckingsane.

Hey dumbass,

Before Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. I guess you want to take us back to the Dark Ages. Damn you're fucking stupid.

I was in OKC public schools from 1966-1979. We had to do group prayer in football, but there was no 10 commandments or religious overtones

So you have personal experience. Is this what you think we should teach?

And the best HS here in the city is a catholic school.... which jews attend in droves. Are they going for the religious crap...or the education they receive?

I dont think any religion should be taught in school. But as i have said before.... i would take a parochial school over a public school any day.

I attended a Catholic grade school and University. They never tried to teach the shit that the bible thumper schools are teaching. People and dinosaurs coexisted??? The Trail of Tears was God's attempt to convert Indians??? The KKK was a respected organization that went after bootleggers??? Slave owners were usually kind????

These are some fucked up people.

I am not saying i agree with what they are teaching. I am saying that what they are teaching other then the crazy is what you are sending your kid there for.

I love it you liberal atheists talk about abusurdity. You guys think the universe was an atom and just blew up..just cuz. your "scietific" theories hold up as well as Greek Mythology. And as for science, I bet I can name more heavy hitting Christian scientists than you can atheist...just sayin

The Universe still creates star stuff , planets and galaxies. The proof is in the pudding so to spreak, about the big bang theory.
I am not and athiest.

I'm not an atheist, asswipe. And I gather you choose to believe the disproven things that the Louisiana schools are teaching, because sometimes science doesn't have every answer. And I don't tend to care about a scientists religious values, dipshit. I care if they do good science.

So you're a young Earther? In spite of volumes of evidence that shows you wrong. You certainly seem to enjoy celebrating your ignorance.

The best part is they believe in String Theory/M-Theory and they deny there is a God?

Yeah they will refuse to believe in God but will believe in vibrating strings and potential connections to other universes.

Quantum physics thus far has proven God more real than most scientists expected - many just wont admit it.

Since its a school of choice, what makes you think it will survive without turning out more successful students.

They aren't worried about that. Nevermind you can choose to send your children to another school, they dont have control over things anymore. That's the problem.

The best part is they believe in String Theory/M-Theory and they deny there is a God?

Yeah they will refuse to believe in God but will believe in vibrating strings and potential connections to other universes.

Quantum physics thus far has proven God more real than most scientists expected - many just wont admit it.

Yeah, scientists are so stupid...

I'm not an atheist, asswipe. And I gather you choose to believe the disproven things that the Louisiana schools are teaching, because sometimes science doesn't have every answer. And I don't tend to care about a scientists religious values, dipshit. I care if they do good science.

So you're a young Earther? In spite of volumes of evidence that shows you wrong. You certainly seem to enjoy celebrating your ignorance.

Dude you dont know what I believe ass hat.....so if you're not an atheist what are you?

I didnt read the crap of Lousiana, blah blah blah, the same crap liberals troll up to take down vouchers....If liberals had a real curriculum people would learn....History, civics and such are woefully inadequate and very politicized in schools.....and kids get bad information.

I'm a huge fan of real science. PROVABLE science, like hard science. I scoff at psycology and fake science, especially the ones with studies that try to "fix" problems...like this one
Chlorine in the bathwater is linked to cancer | Mail Online

As for the age of the Earth, no I dont believe it's 6000 years old, but I also dont believe in evolution.....escpecially from one species to another

Last edited:

Forum List

Back