14 states may target birthright citizenship

States dont have the power here. It's a federal issue and must be done through Constitutional Amendment.
Are you implying thet States cannot begin and follow through on creating a US Constitutional Amendment?
Please elaborate.
You are forgetting one important fact. If a case challenging the birthright clause in the 14th Amendment is brought to the SCOTUS, the justices certainly may decide the Amendment does not allow for birthright citizenship for children of illegal aliens.
This is real!

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Seems pretty clear to me.... I don't see how the SCOTUS could possibly claim that "they didn't really mean what they wrote".

This is similar to the far-left nutcases who argue that the Second Amendment's intent was to keep a standing militia, not legalize gun ownership.

States dont have the power here. It's a federal issue and must be done through Constitutional Amendment.
Are you implying thet States cannot begin and follow through on creating a US Constitutional Amendment?
Please elaborate.
You are forgetting one important fact. If a case challenging the birthright clause in the 14th Amendment is brought to the SCOTUS, the justices certainly may decide the Amendment does not allow for birthright citizenship for children of illegal aliens.
This is real!

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Seems pretty clear to me.... I don't see how the SCOTUS could possibly claim that "they didn't really mean what they wrote".

This is similar to the far-left nutcases who argue that the Second Amendment's intent was to keep a standing militia, not legalize gun ownership.

First point.....yes, SCOTUS can and does on a case by case basis interpret what is written in the COTUS.
Second point.....The two are mutually exclusive.

one wonders how one gets a drivers license or a passport without a birth certificate....least of all become president....

I just renewed my Driver's License in Maine. And they required that I either have a birth certificate or a passport. Luckily, they accepted my passport which is expired by a few years. I renewed it on a Wednesday prior to my Saturday birthday. I would have been fucked had they not accepted my passport.

I think that states should give drivers licenses to legal foreigners, but with a special notation on the ID showing that they are not a citizen and with an expiration date no later than the visa expiration date.

bullshit. To renew a license you merely need a previous license.

Forum List

Back