14 Reasons Why Rick Perry Would Be A Really, Really Bad President...

Reasoning

Apr 15, 2010

Supporters of Texas Governor Rick Perry are not going to like this article at all.

Right now, Republicans all over the United States are touting Rick Perry as the “Republican messiah” that is going to come charging in to save America from the presidency of Barack Obama.

Many believe that if Rick Perry enters the race, he will instantly become the frontrunner for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012.

Perry certainly looks the part and he knows how to give a good speech, but when ordinary Americans all over the country take a hard look at his record, they may not like what they see.

The truth is that Rick Perry is a big-time globalist, he has raised taxes and fees in Texas numerous times, he has massively increased the size of government spending and government debt in Texas, he has been trying to ram the Trans-Texas Corridor down the throats of the Texas people and he tried to force young women all over Texas to be injected with the Gardasil vaccine.

No, Rick Perry is not going to save America.

Read the entire article using the link-Meister

Last edited:
Though I do agree with some of this post, it is not completely accurate in that it ignores some data in order to present a lopsided view. That said, I agree that Perry is not the best man on the ticket. I recorded the GOP debate in Iowa and went back and really listened a second time through.

Romney truly is the best candidate for the job. He is the only one who provide the outline of an economic plan as well as pointed out Obama's horrendous record...bottom line, he is focused on the real issue(s)

Though I do agree with some of this post, it is not completely accurate in that it ignores some data in order to present a lopsided view. That said, I agree that Perry is not the best man on the ticket. I recorded the GOP debate in Iowa and went back and really listened a second time through.

Romney truly is the best candidate for the job. He is the only one who provide the outline of an economic plan as well as pointed out Obama's horrendous record...bottom line, he is focused on the real issue(s)

Problem is Romney isn't leading anything. It's Bachman and Paul, and I think that's who it will boil down to too.

One voter speaks.

Romney will likely be te candidate because he will have the money backing.

Problem is Romney isn't leading anything. It's Bachman and Paul, and I think that's who it will boil down to too.

Paul is running on populist rhetoric and so is Bachmann. Populism is great for debate and creating important national conversations. In the end however it is theoretical and lacks the necessary pragmatics of an imperfect system for a diverse people.

Paul's isolationism in foreign policy is silly. Bachmann's idealism for an America of yesteryear is naive. Both do bring ideals that are helpful as I said to the conversation. We need to talk about values, both economic and moral. The discussion Paul encourages over wars in Iraq; Afghanistan; and now N.Africa, are important to both. In the same vain Bachmann's discussion about our values in how we think responsible spending happens is a very real consideration.

Romney did not govern MA in a vacuum. He had to contend with operating within the democratically controlled state legislature. As I said I listened again to the debate- He is onto the right track- he gets it and I believe he can begin the work of turning things around economically.

I never did like Perry. He's the same kind of RINO as GWB. I don't understand why so many conservatives like him.

Supporters of Texas Governor Rick Perry are not going to like this article at all.

Right now, Republicans all over the United States are touting Rick Perry as the “Republican messiah” that is going to come charging in to save America from the presidency of Barack Obama.

Many believe that if Rick Perry enters the race, he will instantly become the frontrunner for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012.

Perry certainly looks the part and he knows how to give a good speech, but when ordinary Americans all over the country take a hard look at his record, they may not like what they see.

The truth is that Rick Perry is a big-time globalist, he has raised taxes and fees in Texas numerous times, he has massively increased the size of government spending and government debt in Texas, he has been trying to ram the Trans-Texas Corridor down the throats of the Texas people and he tried to force young women all over Texas to be injected with the Gardasil vaccine.

No, Rick Perry is not going to save America.

Read the entire article using the link-Meister

Gosh, it just makes me so happy to see so many little pointy heads explode on the Left. And yes, the narco-libertarians are definitely Left.

Holy Hannah.

#14 Rick Perry actually issued an executive order in 2007 that would have forced almost every single girl in the state of Texas to receive the Gardasil vaccine before entering the sixth grade. Perry would have put parents in a position where they would have had to fill out an application and beg the government not to inject their child with a highly controversial vaccine. Since then, very serious safety issues regarding this vaccine have come to light. Fortunately, lawmakers in Texas blocked what Perry was trying to do. According to Wikipedia, many were troubled when "apparent financial connections between Merck and Perry were reported by news outlets, such as a $6,000 campaign contribution and Merck's hiring of former Perry Chief of Staff Mike Toomey to handle its Texas lobbying work."

Perry worked on Gore's campaign and was a democrat. If people think he is some Republican hero, they are dumbasses.

That line is getting so fucking tired.

All of us were democrats in college.
Hell, I voted for Clinton the first term.
Then I grew up.

The narco-libertarians have some fantasy that Ron Paul is the natural choice. They think people want legalized dope and isolationism. That has never won elections, and Paul crapped out big time in '08. Thus the emergence of a strong, serious candidate with good conservative credentials makes their little heads explode with indignation.

Forum List

Back