14 Reasons Why Rick Perry Would Be A Really, Really Bad President...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Reasoning, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Reasoning

Reasoning Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +71
    14 Reasons Why Rick Perry Would Be A Really, Really Bad President...

Supporters of Texas Governor Rick Perry are not going to like this article at all.

Right now, Republicans all over the United States are touting Rick Perry as the “Republican messiah” that is going to come charging in to save America from the presidency of Barack Obama.

Many believe that if Rick Perry enters the race, he will instantly become the frontrunner for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012.

Perry certainly looks the part and he knows how to give a good speech, but when ordinary Americans all over the country take a hard look at his record, they may not like what they see.

The truth is that Rick Perry is a big-time globalist, he has raised taxes and fees in Texas numerous times, he has massively increased the size of government spending and government debt in Texas, he has been trying to ram the Trans-Texas Corridor down the throats of the Texas people and he tried to force young women all over Texas to be injected with the Gardasil vaccine.

No, Rick Perry is not going to save America.

Read the entire article using the link-Meister

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  2. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    You are supposed to provide links on this site

3. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
  4. hortysir

hortysir In Memorial of 47

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,296
    And not quote the entire piece.

:eusa_shhh:

5. clevergirl

clevergirl Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +563
    Though I do agree with some of this post, it is not completely accurate in that it ignores some data in order to present a lopsided view. That said, I agree that Perry is not the best man on the ticket. I recorded the GOP debate in Iowa and went back and really listened a second time through.

Romney truly is the best candidate for the job. He is the only one who provide the outline of an economic plan as well as pointed out Obama's horrendous record...bottom line, he is focused on the real issue(s)

6. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,925
    Problem is Romney isn't leading anything. It's Bachman and Paul, and I think that's who it will boil down to too.

7. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    One voter speaks.

Romney will likely be te candidate because he will have the money backing.

8. ShackledNation

ShackledNation Libertarian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +324
    You can't ignore the data in this post. Both Perry and Romney are big government wolves in sheep's clothing.

9. clevergirl

clevergirl Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +563
    Paul is running on populist rhetoric and so is Bachmann. Populism is great for debate and creating important national conversations. In the end however it is theoretical and lacks the necessary pragmatics of an imperfect system for a diverse people.

Paul's isolationism in foreign policy is silly. Bachmann's idealism for an America of yesteryear is naive. Both do bring ideals that are helpful as I said to the conversation. We need to talk about values, both economic and moral. The discussion Paul encourages over wars in Iraq; Afghanistan; and now N.Africa, are important to both. In the same vain Bachmann's discussion about our values in how we think responsible spending happens is a very real consideration.

Romney did not govern MA in a vacuum. He had to contend with operating within the democratically controlled state legislature. As I said I listened again to the debate- He is onto the right track- he gets it and I believe he can begin the work of turning things around economically.

10. cootydog

cootydog Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    one reason why he would....he ain't Obama