14 killed by reckless driver on sunday but media ignores that massacre

This was in accident caused by poor decision making where there was no malicious intent unlike what happened in Colorado.

I'm sure that brings great solace to their families. At least it was simply an accident caused by poor decision making, and not maliciousness that caused their deaths.

Accidents are not massacres. FYI

This was in accident caused by poor decision making where there was no malicious intent unlike what happened in Colorado.

I'm sure that brings great solace to their families. At least it was simply an accident caused by poor decision making, and not maliciousness that caused their deaths.

No it doesn't but it's not something going to grab the attention of the nation. I suppose it's because we can understand why something like that would happen. We really don't understand how someone could do what James Holmes did in Colorado. We also don't care about small numbers of people getting murdered maybe because it statistically doesn't affect us and doesn't affect how safe we feel. I'm only guessing. Is it hypocritical that we as a nation care more and rally around a group of people killed under these circumstances as compared to in an accident or murdered individually? Yeah it is. It's our mindset as a nation though.

Maybe this guy is The Joker.

I just watch The Dark Knight the other night, and I am reminded by your post of the scene where The Joker visits Harvey Dent in the hospital.

He (The Joker in the movie The Dark Knight) says something along the lines of "kill some gangbangers or blow up a truck full of soldiers and no one cares, because those things are supposed to happen. But look at what he did with just a few bullets and some gasoline. Introduce a little anarchy and everyone loses their mind.

Fourteen people killed in a pickup truck accident, meh.

Fourteen people killed in a movie theater, and it's on every news station all day.

Just something to think about.

Last edited:

What you call poor decision making is gross negligence and deliberate disregard for the law.

Even if it were an honest accident (it wasn't) the media wouldn't be ignoring it if they thought they could use it promote the Liberal agenda.

(And, for the crass shitheads, "ignoring" doesn't mean failing to mention it.)

Oh stop that accident nonsense. This was due to reckless driving and that is malice. This psycho didn't give a damn how many he killed.

Somebody can be doing 110 on a busy freeway with a BAC of .25 and if he crashes and kills 15 people you'll say " He wasn't actually trying to kill anyone in particular so let's call it an accident and forget it." Terrorists who throw bombs into restaurants aren't actually aiming at anyone either. THINK!!!!

The auto industry pays the media to ignore car crashes since car crashes mean car sales and they want the reckless driving to continue. When a gun nut kills 12 it's a big deal but a car nuts kill 14 and the media yawns.

14 dead after truck carrying at least 23 crashes in Texas, authorities say | Fox News

July 22, 2012:

GOLIAD, TEXAS – Fourteen people died and nine were injured after their pickup truck left the highway and crashed into trees in rural South Texas on Sunday, authorities said.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman Greg Palmore said the dead include citizens of Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala.

At least two young children were among the dead, Bryant said. The 23 people were loaded inside both the truck's cab and bed

Perhaps the people in the truck wouldn't have all died if the car wasn't overloaded and they weren't all piled into the back of truck, and not wearing seat belts?

No it doesn't but it's not something going to grab the attention of the nation. I suppose it's because we can understand why something like that would happen. We really don't understand how someone could do what James Holmes did in Colorado. We also don't care about small numbers of people getting murdered maybe because it statistically doesn't affect us and doesn't affect how safe we feel. I'm only guessing. Is it hypocritical that we as a nation care more and rally around a group of people killed under these circumstances as compared to in an accident or murdered individually? Yeah it is. It's our mindset as a nation though.

Why CO and not this accident? Answer's easy, there's no political hay to be made in an auto accident.

Maybe this guy is The Joker.

I just watch The Dark Knight the other night, and I am reminded by your post of the scene where The Joker visits Harvey Dent in the hospital.

He (The Joker in the movie The Dark Knight) says something along the lines of "kill some gangbangers or blow up a truck full of soldiers and no one cares, because those things are supposed to happen. But look at what he did with just a few bullets and some gasoline. Introduce a little anarchy and everyone loses their mind.

Fourteen people killed in a pickup truck accident, meh.

Fourteen people killed in a movie theater, and it's on every news station all day.

Just something to think about.

A point most terrorists know and use to their advantage.

How is it the auto industry's fault that the pickup was loaded down with 23 people?

Good point.

Vehicles are not built specifically to kill whereas guns have only one use - killing.

As to the op, I saw the accident story on the news.

No more and no less than if they'd been hit by a meteor....but then the OP wouldn't have anyone or anything to blame.....or would he?

No more and no less than if they'd been hit by a meteor....but then the OP wouldn't have anyone or anything to blame.....or would he?

If the Obama administration didn't have an open door policy on illegal immigration this never would have happened.

These are 14 people that we won't have to educate, medicate and incarcerate. 14 fewer protesters demanding rights for more illegals. 14 people that won't be producing future gang bangers.

It's pretty much a win.

How is it the auto industry's fault that the pickup was loaded down with 23 people?

Good point.

Vehicles are not built specifically to kill whereas guns have only one use - killing.

Guns have lots of uses. Threat deterrence, target shooting, historical collections, decorative, etc. but you can only think of their uses in killing other things because you are a considerable pussy OWS parasite.

Good point.

Ya know, it occurs to me that the families of the victims may never know that their loved ones died....

These are 14 people that we won't have to educate, medicate and incarcerate. 14 fewer protesters demanding rights for more illegals. 14 people that won't be producing future gang bangers.

It's pretty much a win.

It is a win in a battle, but it's a battle in war that we're losing. It's also not the way I want to win. I want to win by not enticing them to come here with handouts and pandering.

Forum List

Back