14 killed by reckless driver on sunday but media ignores that massacre

The auto industry pays the media to ignore car crashes since car crashes mean car sales and they want the reckless driving to continue. When a gun nut kills 12 it's a big deal but a car nuts kill 14 and the media yawns.

14 dead after truck carrying at least 23 crashes in Texas, authorities say | Fox News

July 22, 2012:

GOLIAD, TEXAS – Fourteen people died and nine were injured after their pickup truck left the highway and crashed into trees in rural South Texas on Sunday, authorities said.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman Greg Palmore said the dead include citizens of Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala.

At least two young children were among the dead, Bryant said. The 23 people were loaded inside both the truck's cab and bed

I posted this already. Keep the hell up.

More stringent traffic laws and more safety regulations haven't made a dent in vehicular deaths.

Bullshit!

ok. A slight dent.
But did you see the list of accidents just from one poster's community?

I, sorta, get the OPs point:
"Where's the outrage" kinda thing.

I completely agree with Jackson, in that this story should get more publicity as it would bring some discussions to the forefront.

Yea, they're illegals. But they're humans with families and stories, too.

Why were they here?
Why did so many need to go to the same destination?

Who was driving?

A wide range of topics to be covered that can be discussed without having to enact new legislation

The auto industry pays the media to ignore car crashes since car crashes mean car sales and they want the reckless driving to continue. When a gun nut kills 12 it's a big deal but a car nuts kill 14 and the media yawns.

Where do you get such shit-brained ideas like the auto industry pays the media to ignore car crashes? But, yes, the media does ignore car crashes, even when 14 people are killed. The auto industry has nothing to with it.

Car crashes are common and this one involved illegal aliens. The media likes illegal aliens and doesn't want to do anything to turn public opinion more against illegal aliens.

Assaults on theater goers is rare and this one involves a white male. The media hates white males, even though this one is really a God Damned Jew. The media also hates self-defense (guns) and sees this as an opportunity to turn public opinion against guns.

Texas seat belt laws exempt farm workers from not riding in pickup beds and such or even wearing seatbelts.

14 dead after truck carrying at least 23 crashes in Texas, authorities say | Fox News

July 22, 2012:

GOLIAD, TEXAS – Fourteen people died and nine were injured after their pickup truck left the highway and crashed into trees in rural South Texas on Sunday, authorities said.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman Greg Palmore said the dead include citizens of Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala.

At least two young children were among the dead, Bryant said. The 23 people were loaded inside both the truck's cab and bed

Progressive/liberals are not interested in making cars illegal...yet.

Actually the agriculture industry paid the government to have farm laborers exempted from vehicle safety laws.

Ummm, I don't think the OP knows what ignored means since he quoted a media article about it and it has had media attention.

The OP is talking bollocks about the media ignoring the story.
I read it on the BBC news first thing this morning.

July 22, 2012:

I heard about it on NPR this morning. Not sure how that's the media 'ignoring'

You are right about pointing out the seeming inconsistency though. I don't think its a media problem though. Its societal - we're conditioned to be less outraged by preventable automobile accidents.

There's also the fact that if you choose to ride int he back of a pickup truck you know you're risking your life - while watching a movie shouldn't be considerd dangerous

This was in accident caused by poor decision making where there was no malicious intent unlike what happened in Colorado.

This was in accident caused by poor decision making where there was no malicious intent unlike what happened in Colorado.

I'm sure that brings great solace to their families. At least it was simply an accident caused by poor decision making, and not maliciousness that caused their deaths.

July 22, 2012:

If the media has ignored the story, how did you hear about it?

July 22, 2012:

If only we were all driving Prius ( which incidentally come with a years supply of tampons when purchased) accidents like this would not happen. We should ban big trucks.

I'm sure that brings great solace to their families. At least it was simply an accident caused by poor decision making, and not maliciousness that caused their deaths.

No it doesn't but it's not something going to grab the attention of the nation. I suppose it's because we can understand why something like that would happen. We really don't understand how someone could do what James Holmes did in Colorado. We also don't care about small numbers of people getting murdered maybe because it statistically doesn't affect us and doesn't affect how safe we feel. I'm only guessing. Is it hypocritical that we as a nation care more and rally around a group of people killed under these circumstances as compared to in an accident or murdered individually? Yeah it is. It's our mindset as a nation though.

Forum List

Back