138 Minnesota Lawmakers Are Accepting Pay Despite Shutdown

138 Minnesota Lawmakers Are Accepting Pay Despite Shutdown : It's All Politics : NPR

This weekend, The Minnesota Star Tribune printed a list of 138 legislators who are still collecting paychecks despite the state government shut down. The paper reports that Gov. Mark Dayton, as well as 14 senators and 48 representatives, announced they would not accept pay as long as the shutdown lasts.

But that means that 72 percent of Republicans are still cashing their paychecks and 65 percent of Democratic-Farmer-Labor party members are still getting paid.

The AP reports that news has angered some public employees.

But perhaps the news making the most noise is that Gov. Dayton has declared about half his staff "essential" — including his personal chef and a housekeeper. The AP reports:

Republicans have ridiculed Dayton over the fact that the housekeeper and personal chef at the governor's mansion were deemed "critical" employees, prompting the governor's office to announce that Dayton would pay the chef out of his own pocket.

None of them should be getting paid, how ridiculous.

Did those Wiscons rats who ran across the border take their pay? Hypocrite.

its actually nice to see both sides being called out for once.

The percentage between dem and repub is basically the same.

True, but the Dems get special notice b/c the governor thought his chef was essential personnel:lol:

I could easily see the case being made for it. The fact that it is out of your experience doesn't negate the fact.
Let's be honest, Rabbi - I don't give a flying fuck what you could "easily make a case for". You'd still be wrong.

There is no rationale outside of concern for president's safety to consider a chef and a housecleaner "essential personnel".

Congratulations. This has to be the fastest attempt at diversion in the history of USMB. Well, at least for this week.

Agreed. So Toro, what are your thoughts on the matter at hand for the thread?

It's fucking ridiculous.

How can these moronic politicians take pay while other government employees aren't? They should be the first to get their pay stopped.

I totally agree.

True, but the Dems get special notice b/c the governor thought his chef was essential personnel:lol:

I could easily see the case being made for it. The fact that it is out of your experience doesn't negate the fact.
Let's be honest, Rabbi - I don't give a flying fuck what you could "easily make a case for". You'd still be wrong.

There is no rationale outside of concern for president's safety to consider a chef and a housecleaner "essential personnel".

Like I said, just because it is out of your experience doesn't mean the reason doesnt exist.
Go back to eating Krystals.

Like I said, just because it is out of your experience doesn't mean the reason doesnt exist.

^This post bookmarked for the abject ignorance involved.

Hint: Domino's delivers.

There is no level of pork and waste Rabbi won't defend in the name of being stupid.

Wait for it. Wait for it...It's all DAT BACHMANN's fault right? Ha! Ha! You know that's where you're heading. Seriously man,enough of the "I Hate Bachmann!" & "I Hate Palin!" threads. They've run their course. We realize you hate them. Now you're just killing us. Please,help us out. What do ya say?

She supports stuff like this fully.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnAlaK4qYI8]YouTube - ‪Congresswoman Michele Bachmann's update on the potential shutdown‬‏[/ame]

She should bite the bullet.

Wait for it. Wait for it...It's all DAT BACHMANN's fault right? Ha! Ha! You know that's where you're heading. Seriously man,enough of the "I Hate Bachmann!" & "I Hate Palin!" threads. They've run their course. We realize you hate them. Now you're just killing us. Please,help us out. What do ya say?

Congratulations. This has to be the fastest attempt at diversion in the history of USMB. Well, at least for this week.

Yea right. Just another lame "I Hate Bachmann!" Thread. That's definitely where this OP was going. Bachmann is you nutter's new Bugaboo. I guess even you guys realized people were sick of your "I Hate Palin!" shit. Now you've moved onto obsessing over and smearing Bachmann. Well now people are sick of your "I Hate Bachmann" shit too. So time to move on. It's old.

Are you on Obama's payroll?

That seems the most rational reason why anyone would make the right look as stupid as you do so consistently.

I could easily see the case being made for it....

....in New Jersey....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lmxNZPYdLY]YouTube - ‪Governor Christie on MSNBC's Morning Joe: June 27, 2011‬‏[/ame]

:lol:

See? If there was ever a guy in need of a personal chef, it's him. He needs to eat what? every half hour? If that doesn't happen all nearby children are potential snacks! :eek:

When the Wisconsin Democrats fled town they still got paid. I didnt hear you complaining then.
The politicians are negotiating and trying to come to terms. They didnt just deedee ma to a hotel room in Chicago.
Why shouldn't they get paid?

Why shouldn't they get paid? Probably because 23,000 people have been laid off due to their inability to do their jobs. I don't recall that being the case with those Wisconsin state senators but if it was, certainly they shouldn't have been collecting checks, either.

Yea right. Just another lame "I Hate Bachmann!" Thread. That's definitely where this OP was going. Bachmann is you nutter's new Bugaboo. I guess even you guys realized people were sick of your "I Hate Palin!" shit. Now you've moved onto obsessing over and smearing Bachmann. Well now people are sick of your "I Hate Bachmann" shit too. So time to move on. It's old.

Are you on Obama's payroll?

That seems the most rational reason why anyone would make the right look as stupid as you do so consistently.

Well, to be fair, he has a lot of competition in that department ...

138 Minnesota Lawmakers Are Accepting Pay Despite Shutdown : It's All Politics : NPR

This weekend, The Minnesota Star Tribune printed a list of 138 legislators who are still collecting paychecks despite the state government shut down. The paper reports that Gov. Mark Dayton, as well as 14 senators and 48 representatives, announced they would not accept pay as long as the shutdown lasts.

But that means that 72 percent of Republicans are still cashing their paychecks and 65 percent of Democratic-Farmer-Labor party members are still getting paid.

The AP reports that news has angered some public employees.

But perhaps the news making the most noise is that Gov. Dayton has declared about half his staff "essential" — including his personal chef and a housekeeper. The AP reports:

Republicans have ridiculed Dayton over the fact that the housekeeper and personal chef at the governor's mansion were deemed "critical" employees, prompting the governor's office to announce that Dayton would pay the chef out of his own pocket.

None of them should be getting paid, how ridiculous.

Who ever said politicians were smart?

They are in a budget battle and what do they do? They shut down the biggest money makers for the state and leave open as "critical" departments that drain the state of money.

State Parks are a money maker for the state of Minnesota, guess what? They're all closed because they're not "critical."

The lottery is another big money maker for the state of Minnesota, guess what? It's shut down because it's not "critical."

So, let's see, we are hurting for funds, but we close down two of the biggest earners in the state?

And these are the people we want in charge of how our taxes are spent?

Rick

Agreed. So Toro, what are your thoughts on the matter at hand for the thread?

It's fucking ridiculous.

How can these moronic politicians take pay while other government employees aren't? They should be the first to get their pay stopped.
Their pay needs to be docked retroactively

Forum List

Back