138 Minnesota Lawmakers Are Accepting Pay Despite Shutdown

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
138 Minnesota Lawmakers Are Accepting Pay Despite Shutdown : It's All Politics : NPR

This weekend, The Minnesota Star Tribune printed a list of 138 legislators who are still collecting paychecks despite the state government shut down. The paper reports that Gov. Mark Dayton, as well as 14 senators and 48 representatives, announced they would not accept pay as long as the shutdown lasts.

But that means that 72 percent of Republicans are still cashing their paychecks and 65 percent of Democratic-Farmer-Labor party members are still getting paid.

The AP reports that news has angered some public employees.

But perhaps the news making the most noise is that Gov. Dayton has declared about half his staff "essential" — including his personal chef and a housekeeper. The AP reports:

Republicans have ridiculed Dayton over the fact that the housekeeper and personal chef at the governor's mansion were deemed "critical" employees, prompting the governor's office to announce that Dayton would pay the chef out of his own pocket.

None of them should be getting paid, how ridiculous.

Wait for it. Wait for it...It's all DAT BACHMANN's fault right? Ha! Ha! You know that's where you're heading. Seriously man,enough of the "I Hate Bachmann!" & "I Hate Palin!" threads. They've run their course. We realize you hate them. Now you're just killing us. Please,help us out. What do ya say?

Wait for it. Wait for it...It's all DAT BACHMANN's fault right? Ha! Ha! You know that's where you're heading. Seriously man,enough of the "I Hate Bachmann!" & "I Hate Palin!" threads. They've run their course. We realize you hate them. Now you're just killing us. Please,help us out. What do ya say?

Congratulations. This has to be the fastest attempt at diversion in the history of USMB. Well, at least for this week.

wait for it. Wait for it...it's all dat bachmann's fault right? Ha! Ha! You know that's where you're heading. Seriously man,enough of the "i hate bachmann!" & "i hate palin!" threads. They've run their course. We realize you hate them. Now you're just killing us. Please,help us out. What do ya say?

$Not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpeg

Congratulations. This has to be the fastest attempt at diversion in the history of USMB. Well, at least for this week.

Agreed. So Toro, what are your thoughts on the matter at hand for the thread?

Reminds me of that newly elected Repub Rep who ran against HC Reform in 2010 then promptly complained upon learning that it would take weeks for his government-run/tax-payer funded plan to take effect LOL

Last edited:

Yea right. Just another lame "I Hate Bachmann!" Thread. That's definitely where this OP was going. Bachmann is you nutter's new Bugaboo. I guess even you guys realized people were sick of your "I Hate Palin!" shit. Now you've moved onto obsessing over and smearing Bachmann. Well now people are sick of your "I Hate Bachmann" shit too. So time to move on. It's old.

I'm not sure what's more absurd and stupid:

1. That so many MN legislators are still taking a check.
2. That the governor labelled his chef "essential"
3. Or that LibisanidiotNow thinks this thread is about Bachmann

It's really quite a trifecta of stupidity.

Last edited:

Agreed. So Toro, what are your thoughts on the matter at hand for the thread?

It's fucking ridiculous.

How can these moronic politicians take pay while other government employees aren't? They should be the first to get their pay stopped.

Yea right. Just another lame "I Hate Bachmann!" Thread. That's definitely where this OP was going. Bachmann is you nutter's new Bugaboo. I guess even you guys realized people were sick of your "I Hate Palin!" shit. Now you've moved onto obsessing over and smearing Bachmann. Well now people are sick of your "I Hate Bachmann" shit too. So time to move on. It's old.

Oh, yeah, you bet. Fabulous reasoning.

:thup:

Outstanding.

Um, no, actually no one is blaming a Federal official (wingnutty as she is) for a state shutdown.

Nice try, though...NOT.

138 Minnesota Lawmakers Are Accepting Pay Despite Shutdown : It's All Politics : NPR

This weekend, The Minnesota Star Tribune printed a list of 138 legislators who are still collecting paychecks despite the state government shut down. The paper reports that Gov. Mark Dayton, as well as 14 senators and 48 representatives, announced they would not accept pay as long as the shutdown lasts.

But that means that 72 percent of Republicans are still cashing their paychecks and 65 percent of Democratic-Farmer-Labor party members are still getting paid.

But perhaps the news making the most noise is that Gov. Dayton has declared about half his staff "essential" — including his personal chef and a housekeeper. The AP reports:

Republicans have ridiculed Dayton over the fact that the housekeeper and personal chef at the governor's mansion were deemed "critical" employees, prompting the governor's office to announce that Dayton would pay the chef out of his own pocket.

its actually nice to see both sides being called out for once.

The percentage between dem and repub is basically the same.

It's fucking ridiculous.

How can these moronic politicians take pay while other government employees aren't? They should be the first to get their pay stopped.

I completely agree.

When the Wisconsin Democrats fled town they still got paid. I didnt hear you complaining then.
The politicians are negotiating and trying to come to terms. They didnt just deedee ma to a hotel room in Chicago.
Why shouldn't they get paid?

True, but the Dems get special notice b/c the governor thought his chef was essential personnel:lol:

True, but the Dems get special notice b/c the governor thought his chef was essential personnel:lol:

I could easily see the case being made for it. The fact that it is out of your experience doesn't negate the fact.

When the Wisconsin Democrats fled town they still got paid. I didnt hear you complaining then.
The politicians are negotiating and trying to come to terms. They didnt just deedee ma to a hotel room in Chicago.
Why shouldn't they get paid?

So wait. I'm complaining about the Democratic Governor having a chef on staff and how 65% of the Democrats are still taking a paycheck. And somehow I'm a hack?

lZeUK.gif

I guarantee if the parties were reversed it would be the same. The masses always like themselves some good old populist rabble rousing.

Forum List

Back