137 children removed from polygamist ranch

going back in the thread.

killing me...was the suggestion that the catholic church should be involved meant to even out the child abuse?

ya know since the girls got it...the boys should too?

"defending sexual abuse of children is defending "

that's an incredibly stupid misrepresentation.:sad:

back even further,

shogun appears to be professing a belief in absolutist values.

good for you...glad to see you've been learning.

I believe the Government has to obey the laws of the land. And it is looking like Texas did NOT do that.

I understand what you're saying, but aren't you the one that started the thread bemoaning the nimrods in Miami who can't get convicted of terrorism?

Terrorism is an act of war.

Child molestation/bigamy is not.

There's a BIG difference.

I think those kids are going back to their moms.

It looks like they shouldn't have taken them in the first place. What the hell is wrong with Texas? And why do cults keep moving there, given its history? They'd be safer in New York!

I think those kids are going back to their moms.

It looks like they shouldn't have taken them in the first place. What the hell is wrong with Texas? And why do cults keep moving there, given its history? They'd be safer in New York!

The women have all been sent back. The state has the children. There's a press conference going on as I post this. Foxnews.com has a live feed off of their main page.

Better start arresting teenagers in ghettos ehh? The rules of law apply to EVERYONE or they do not mean crap.

My personal favorite solution to a gang problem would be to get the list of names the cops have of members and arrest them all with planted drugs. Or just kill them out right. Guess what? If we did that , our laws would mean absolutely nothing for anyone.

4th amendment mean anything to you? The legal concept of innocent till proven guilty, ever hear that one? I guess the new rule is if you can not find any legal way to roust the people you do not like, create one by having someone make a fake call about a supposed problem.

Remind me again, where is this girl that called the authorities? Why is it the man she claimed beat and raped her and made her pregnant hasn't even BEEN in Texas in the last year at least?

I really like the special touch about the bed in the Temple. Somehow these cops just knew what it was for, evidence? WHO NEEDS THAT. Just leak the supposed claim to the press and let them do your dirty work for you.

Let us assume for a moment that teenage girls ARE in fact forced into marriages, how is that abuse against children under 12? How is it that the mothers are the abusers? I thought the claim originally was the mothers were victims also, well until they wouldn't play ball with the cops and give them what they wanted.

Laws MUST apply to everyone, no matter if you like them or not. The Rule of law has to apply across the board to every person, every group, or the rule of law doesn't exist.

While I agree that Texas authorities may have botched this, a 16-year-old girl with 4 kids in a community like this is not the same as some 16-year-old girl living in the ghetto. Let's face it, in a small community like this it may have happened once, but not 4 times by the time she was 16. And there wouldn't be this many teens pregnant. In the ghetto this would be a bit more common.

BTW I'm Crystal. Debbie(I think her name is Angle Heart on here) invited me. Nice to meet ya'll.

And the evidence keeps piling up that the State in fact went on a hunting expedition with what is becoming clear was a trumped up charge, probably faked, at the compound.

There is no real evidence any of the children were abused or we would have already heard it. Once again even assuming the charge that young girls are forced to marry, there is absolutely no evidence that the younger children were sexually or physically abused as the State claims. No reason to remove them from the compound except over zealous State officials on a "mission".

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080416/ap_on_re_us/polygamist_retreat

The chance that they will have a fair hearing is small to remote. Child protective services is all about lying and creating false impressions by any means possible. When they claim the mothers had to be removed because they 'coach" the children that means the kids are NOT telling them what they want to hear.

RGS, it is usual to get children away from co-conspirators to their abuse.

Except there is NO abuse. The accusation was that 14 to 16 year old girls were abused NOT that young children of both sexes were abused. And when interviewing children without evidence the parents have every right to be present. Unless the child services have even removed that basic right now. Family Court and child services are UNCONSTITUTIONAL. they assume guilty and force YOU to prove innocence. They strip you of constitutional rights, read up on them, they are as illegal as a 3 dollar bill.

Notice also that the State was quick to get the "children" lawyers but simply as an after thought remembered the parents need them too. There is only one reason for that, by getting biased lawyers for the children they can more easily separarte them from their parents.

This is a witch hunt conducted by the State with Federal assistance and you people don't mind cause you do not like the group. Just remember your group could be next.

Forum List

Back