137 children removed from polygamist ranch

And now they are on to making shit up.

There is absolutely no way they know this to be true yet they have " leaked it" to the press.

he temple "contains an area where there is a bed where males over the age of 17 engage in sexual activity with female children under the age of 17," according to an affidavit quoting a confidential informant who had been providing information to the Schleicher County sheriff for years.

The first and obvious question being if this "informant " knew this why was he JUST now telling them? And last I checked the places hasn't been in business all that long.

Ohh my God a bed in a temple. Of course it's only purpose has to be for sex with children. Could it be true? Sure it could, but there is no damn way these people know it to be true, it is nothing but fear mongering and innuendo.

I repeat if this informant has been there for years why wasn't this reported to authorities before and ACTED on. IT is after all ILLEGAL in Texas.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080410/ap_on_re_us/polygamist_retreat

The sign of a weak case is when they resort to this kind of crap.

RGS, why do you find this so hard to believe. It seems perfectly in keeping with their effed up practices.

RGS, why do you find this so hard to believe. It seems perfectly in keeping with their effed up practices.

And then we have this to go along with the above...

I have no regrets because we never received any outcry, a complaint. There was no evidence of illegal activity nor an offense in plain view," he said. "You can always suspect something, but until you get something that puts you on that property, there's not a whole lot you can do."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080411/ap_on_re_us/polygamist_retreat

An informant for 4 years yet now after the raid they just KNOW about this bed and cite the informant. What were they doing for the last 4 years? Ohh ya, NOTHING.

Several of my friend have asked why the authorities have taken so long to take care of the issue of the FLDS. It's because they couldn't go moving in there on just a hunch. They have to have reason to search. Even they deserve constitutional protection, just as every American does. With the call from the 16 yr old, it gave them reasonable cause. I'm happy that when they made the choice to do it, they moved forward and didn't back down.

And because it isn't illegal to live according to your faith.

Child abuse is illegal. These folks aren't on trial for their faith, after all. Though that might be hard to see...

Yup. They are being investigated for child sexual abuse. It has nothing to do with their faith. It comes down to their treatment of their children. We do have a say over how their children are treated.

I just don't see why the LDS should be more responsible for them than anybody else. They don't approve of this sort of thing, I don't see why they should be more on the spot than anybody else.

I'm a little behind on this thread....but are you suggesting that these girls would do just as good if thrown into a Catholic church as supposed a LDS church? This cult,sect has it's roots in the LDS church....
A group full of Lutherans would make a better transitions by going to a Catholic church instead of a LDS church.

And then we have this to go along with the above...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080411/ap_on_re_us/polygamist_retreat

An informant for 4 years yet now after the raid they just KNOW about this bed and cite the informant. What were they doing for the last 4 years? Ohh ya, NOTHING.

I agree with the logic of your argument, but the informant was a member of this sect. And he did take a ranger to this compound on several occasions. When he did, everyone would scatter into their homes and law enforcement was only able to speak to a few different people...all who deny any such thing. The way law enforcement tells it, they could not violate these people's civil rights without concrete evidence that this kind of thing was going on. This informant was simply not enough to "Bust" someone one...sure, law enforcement showed up there...but they could not search homes or the temple without the permission of the leader, or a warrant. Informants give police information all of the time, but that's all it is, just information.

For example: An informant will give police information about crack dealing going on at a certain house. The police cannot go raid the house just because this guy said so. So that's when they set up a sting operation where the informant goes in under survaillance and purchases drugs from inside the house while the police are listening and/or watching. Then, with this newly acquired evidence, they can get a warrant and the go ahead for a raid, because things were witnessed by police.

It's the same concept here, they had no proof, other than this informants word. For all they know, he could have just been mad at the church. When this little girl made the emergency call, it gave them exactly what they needed to search the place.

A group full of Lutherans would make a better transitions by going to a Catholic church instead of a LDS church.

I was raised Lutheran and this is just so funny. I know you were trying to make a point, but I'm just dying thinking of having to be unbrainwashed from my ambiguous, rather tolerant religious upbringing. hee.

I was raised Lutheran and this is just so funny. I know you were trying to make a point, but I'm just dying thinking of having to be unbrainwashed from my ambiguous, rather tolerant religious upbringing. hee.

LOL...yeah I know...I wasn't saying that Lutherans should or would for that matter...but that if there was any religion that Lutherans were "closest" to in practice it would be the Catholic church.

Martin Luther never intended for there to be an entirely separate church. He was a devout Catholic, which is why he sought to reform it's unjustified and biblically incorrect practices at the time. Some people, however, seized the opportunity that presented itself, (Which isn't a bad thing), and behold....the Lutheran church was born.

You're talking to someone who went to sunday school every sunday for 18 years , and went to multiple church services each week, AND went to vacation bible school, AND went to "tuesday school" for two hours each week from 3rd grade to 8th grade.
Yeah, I'm familiar with the story. :rofl: :rofl:

I wish when I was about 8 someone had given me the option to "test out" of that stuff.

The ELCA is so tolerant and wishywashy. We had pastors teaching us that certain books of the bible were merely metaphors and fables. I would ask a question and get "Well you know, there are different viewpoints on that, what do you think?"

You're talking to someone who went to sunday school every sunday for 18 years , and went to multiple church services each week, AND went to vacation bible school, AND went to "tuesday school" for two hours each week from 3rd grade to 8th grade.
Yeah, I'm familiar with the story. :rofl: :rofl:

I wish when I was about 8 someone had given me the option to "test out" of that stuff.

The ELCA is so tolerant and wishywashy. We had pastors teaching us that certain books of the bible were merely metaphors and fables. I would ask a question and get "Well you know, there are different viewpoints on that, what do you think?"

LOL...well that's good. There are many who do not. There are many who think Martin Luther was this big revolutionary against the Catholic church and he was out to get them and change the world by creating a new church. LOL.

I guess we're talking about the mormons?

Well actually we would be talking about Christians. Jesus was a JEW. He tried to make the Jewish religion adapt and follow the proper teachings and his new messages.

The Mormons are NOT a new religion, they are Christians like all the other Christians that believe in Jesus.

I don't care what these control freaks call themselves. There is NOTHING Christian about them. They are men who control women who have that self-esteem issue and will do anything to be accepted. The women have issue, but the men are perverts. Having sex with children is pedophilia and having more than one wife obssessive-compulsive disorder as it pertains to control.

I hope they swing, to the man. Dirtbags.

I don't care what these control freaks call themselves. There is NOTHING Christian about them. They are men who control women who have that self-esteem issue and will do anything to be accepted. The women have issue, but the men are perverts. Having sex with children is pedophilia and having more than one wife obssessive-compulsive disorder as it pertains to control.

:clap2:

I couldn't agree with you more.

Add in that these poor girls have been brainwashed from the day they were born to think there was something holy about these sickos and I second (or third, as the case may be) everything you said.

They are not part of the Mormon Church. It forbade polygamy in the 1890's. You know over 100 years ago? Anyone practicing it is kicked out of the church. Further the church when it did practice it did not do as these people do. Children were not treated in this manner at all.

So I suggest you reserve your 'Christian' anger for the right people. Ohh and it might help if you paid attention to what was being discussed.

They are not part of the Mormon Church. It forbade polygamy in the 1890's. You know over 100 years ago? Anyone practicing it is kicked out of the church. Further the church when it did practice it did not do as these people do. Children were not treated in this manner at all.

So I suggest you reserve your 'Christian' anger for the right people. Ohh and it might help if you paid attention to what was being discussed.

I never said they were part of the Church of Latter Day Saints. These scumbags aren't practicing ANY form of Christianity, to include LDS's. I had a girlfirend once for a couple of years who was a LDS and none of this bullshit is comparable and anyone who says so needs to go for a psych eval.

These people are just like Fred Phelps and his crew ... profaning Christianity to try and justify their evil shit, even though their evil shit cannot be found as promoted by Christ.

Those who jump on the hate wagon and try to portray this as "Christian" are the same morons who tried to portray 7 dipshits at Abu Ghraib with power issues as indicative of ALL military personnel.

They run their hateful sucks and talk trash and all I really see is "I am stupid and proving it."

Forum List

Back