13 Reasons Why Newt Will Never Be the GOP Nominee

newt-cover630.jpg

By Tim Murphy

Newt Gingrich is flying high. The former speaker of the House has rocketed to the top of the Republican polls, taking a 30-point lead in Florida and giving one-time GOP front-runner Mitt Romney a run for his money in New Hampshire. What's more, the competition around him seems to be collapsing. Herman Cain is history; Romney has slowly but steadily lost support nationwide; Rick Perry is still making fun of himself for a gaffe everyone else stopped talking about last month; Michele Bachmann fell in a crowded primary forest and never made a sound. Gingrich, for one, is ready to declare victory. As he told ABC's Jake Tapper on Thursday, "I'm going to be the nominee."

Well, Gingrich may be on a roll, but he's overlooking the one truly formidable candidate who stands between him and the nomination: former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich. He is in many ways the perfect foil for the current GOP front-runner. Here, in 13 episodes, is much of the baggage you're likely to see aired soon in anti-Gingrich attack ads. For him, it won't be Christmas in Iowa.

During his 1974 campaign, a former aide described "approaching a car with Gingrich's daughters in hand, only to find the candidate with a woman, her head buried in his lap."

More: 13 Reasons Why Newt Will Never Be the GOP Nominee | Mother Jones

Again--NOTHING NEW here--it's as boring as reading a 17 year old newspaper. And it shows the hysteria from left wingers like you for even posting it. You are scared S.....LESS of Newt Gingrich--because you know that he will kick Barack Obama's Ass.

He absolutely could kick Barack Obama's ass, since Republicans have made it abundantly clear that "anybody but Obama" means they will even vote for a sludge bucket like Gingrich.

He absolutely could kick Barack Obama's ass, since Republicans have made it abundantly clear that "anybody but Obama" means they will even vote for a sludge bucket like Gingrich.

Yep it's anybody BUT our community organizer worthless President.

6a00d8341c2c6053ef015434bfe316970c-600wi

Gives a speech and goes on vacation again.

And it looks like there's more than Republicans that are going to do an Anybody but Obama vote.

12489d1322768474-obamas-approval-rating-falls-below-jimmy-carters-worst-worst-polling-12-01-2011.png

newt-cover630.jpg

By Tim Murphy

Newt Gingrich is flying high. The former speaker of the House has rocketed to the top of the Republican polls, taking a 30-point lead in Florida and giving one-time GOP front-runner Mitt Romney a run for his money in New Hampshire. What's more, the competition around him seems to be collapsing. Herman Cain is history; Romney has slowly but steadily lost support nationwide; Rick Perry is still making fun of himself for a gaffe everyone else stopped talking about last month; Michele Bachmann fell in a crowded primary forest and never made a sound. Gingrich, for one, is ready to declare victory. As he told ABC's Jake Tapper on Thursday, "I'm going to be the nominee."

Well, Gingrich may be on a roll, but he's overlooking the one truly formidable candidate who stands between him and the nomination: former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich. He is in many ways the perfect foil for the current GOP front-runner. Here, in 13 episodes, is much of the baggage you're likely to see aired soon in anti-Gingrich attack ads. For him, it won't be Christmas in Iowa.

During his 1974 campaign, a former aide described "approaching a car with Gingrich's daughters in hand, only to find the candidate with a woman, her head buried in his lap."

Again--NOTHING NEW here--it's as boring as reading a 17 year old newspaper. And it shows the hysteria from left wingers like you for even posting it. You are scared S.....LESS of Newt Gingrich--because you know that he will kick Barack Obama's Ass.

hey, the pictures of Gingrich were a nice childish touch. got to keep it on the level of the people who reads it

newt-cover630.jpg

By Tim Murphy

I'm looking for a $1000 bet from anyone who wants to take Gingrich over Obama in the general if Newt gets the nomination. You want it? Or are you just a big talker?

After going to the doctor for a mysterious tingling in her hand, [Marianne Gingrich] was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.

Early in May 1999, she went out to Ohio for her mother’s birthday. A day and a half went by and Newt didn’t return her calls, which was strange. They always talked every day, often ten times a day, so she was frantic by the time he called to say he needed to talk to her.

“About what?” He wanted to talk in person, he said. “I said, ‘No, we need to talk now.’ “

He went quiet.

“There’s somebody else, isn’t there?” She kind of guessed it, of course. Women usually do. But did she know the woman was in her apartment, eating off her plates, sleeping in her bed?

She called a minister they both trusted. He came over to the house the next day and worked with them the whole weekend, but Gingrich just kept saying she was a Jaguar and all he wanted was a Chevrolet. “‘I can’t handle a Jaguar right now.’ He said that many times. ‘All I want is a Chevrolet.’ “ He asked her to just tolerate the affair, an offer she refused.

He’d just returned from Erie, Pennsylvania, where he’d given a speech full of high sentiments about compassion and family values. The next night, they sat talking out on their back patio in Georgia. She said, “How do you give that speech and do what you’re doing?”

“It doesn’t matter what I do,” he answered. “People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”

David Frum on Newt Gingrich: 'Anyone can dump one sick wife. Gingrich dumped two.' | Crooks and Liars

We hear all the time from the Right that America is a center/right country, that conservatives far outnumber liberals, etc., etc.,

and yet Newt?? Newt is the best you can do ?? It's fucking bizarre.

Look at Obama- he's the best you can do? really??? A junior senator with a shady past, questionable associations, and practically zero experience?? Really??? How about Joe Biden? Nancy Pelosi? Anthony Weiner? Bawney Fwank? Maxine Waters? Seriously? :lol:

Politics is a vicious, filthy, savage, and strange business. Anyone who could really do a great job - simply isn't interested.....it's too dirty and mean. It takes a special kind of freak to want the job.

At any rate, the Republicans will get a nominee- most likely it will be Mitt Romney. It could be Newt. It could be someone else. I really don't care who it is. I'll vote for anyone that promises to eliminate Obamacare. Lots of people feel like I do.....

newt-cover630.jpg

By Tim Murphy

1. Ron Paul
2. Ron Paul
3. Ron Paul
4. Ron Paul
5. Ron Paul
6. Ron Paul
7. Ron Paul
8. Ron Paul
9. Ron Paul
10. Ron Paul
11. Ron Paul
12. Ron Paul
13. Ron Paul

why is newt bad?
What's wrong with his idea's?

This idiocy, for starters:

At an Iowa campaign stop, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R) offered a truly bizarre explanation for an even more bizarre proposal — Congress should simply forbid the Supreme Court to hear cases he doesn’t want them to hear because there is no Supreme Court in the Constitution:

GINGRICH: In the American system, if you read the Constitution correctly — this is why I wrote “A Nation Like No Other” — if you read the Federalist Papers correctly, the fact is the Congress can pass a law and can limit the Court’s jurisdiction. It’s written directly in the Constitution. The Federalist Papers, Alexander Hamilton promises, I think it’s Number 78, that the judiciary branch is the weakest of the three branches. There is no Supreme Court in the American Constitution. There’s the court which is the Supreme of the judicial branch, but it’s not supreme over the legislative and executive branch. We now have this entire national elite that wants us to believe that any five lawyers are a Constitutional convention. That is profoundly un-American and profoundly wrong.

First of all, Gingrich should take a moment to actually read the Constitution before he pretends to know what is in it. Article III of the Constitution begins “The judicial power of the United States[] shall be vested in one Supreme Court,” so his claim that there is no Supreme Court in the Constitution is just plain wrong.

Second, Gingrich’s proposal to simply strip the Court of jurisdiction to hear cases he doesn’t like is nothing less that a direct attack on the Constitution itself. Although there is some very old precedent suggesting that the original Constitution allows Congress to reduce the Supreme Court’s jurisdiction, the Constitution has been amended twenty-seven times since the Constitution was ratified. If Congress could strip the Court’s ability to hear free speech cases, or to prevent race discrimination, or to combat slavery, or to ensure that gay Americans are afforded the same equal protection of the law as everyone else, then it would have the power to erase entire amendments from the Constitution. The Constitution unambiguously does not give Congress this power.

Moreover, Gingrich’s court stripping proposal is as unoriginal as it is unconstitutional. His fellow presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) endorsed the exact same plan two months ago, and Bachmann herself was merely aping a court stripping agenda pushed by the late Sen. Jesse Helms (R-NC) in the 1980s. Bachmann’s terrible idea is no more constitutional now that Gingrich has signed onto it than it was when she first embraced it.

Gingrich Leaps On The Court Stripping Bandwagon, Claiming 'There Is No Supreme Court In The American Constitution' | ThinkProgress

Nobody cares really but he was pretty sleazy about it for a former Speaker. Isn't it just a little troubling that the man can't seem to keep his personal life in order? He's the best Republicans can muster?

I hope he wins the primaries. That clip of him with Trump was priceless. Two fat old womanizers together, on camera, it's craziness I tell ya.

:cuckoo:

I really can't wait to see if a so-called "family values" party will actually elect/nominate someone like Newt.

I really can't wait to see if a so-called "family values" party will actually elect/nominate someone like Newt.

I think Ron Paul would be the best choice for the republicans to nominate. He has always been honest and a great man. Do you agree?

He has the idea's of limited government
He is no more war
and he is pretty honest with his past.

Last edited:

I think Ron Paul would be the best choice for the republicans to nominate. He has always been honest and a great man. Do you agree?

Sure, Ron Paul would be just fine - for those who want a cranky and goofy 77-year-old president. Then, his fruitcake son, Rand, would be hanging around the White House.

Soooo, NO I don't agree...

Sure, Ron Paul would be just fine - for those who want a cranky and goofy 77-year-old president. Then, his fruitcake son, Rand, would be hanging around the White House.

Soooo, NO I don't agree...

Do you agree that the constitution should be followed; which "states" that all powers not granted to the federal government, goes to the states. This means that ron paul is right. So you would be against him because he is a cranky 77 year old man? Obama is likely going to get us into a major war as he is keeping us in the middle east, but Paul would get us out. Think about that Lakhota. Do you want the power being mostly in the states, which is easy for you to vote for or against and control, or would you rather have that power uncontrolable by you?

Nobody cares really but he was pretty sleazy about it for a former Speaker. Isn't it just a little troubling that the man can't seem to keep his personal life in order? He's the best Republicans can muster?

I hope he wins the primaries. That clip of him with Trump was priceless. Two fat old womanizers together, on camera, it's craziness I tell ya.

Pelosi :clap2:

Pelosi :clap2:

You continue to make these one word responses to me like racist, Pelosi.. Are you feeling like you are clever enough to pull this off?

Clue: You aren't.

Forum List

Back