13 Iraqi citizens killed by terrorists

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
And there were zero coalition fatalities. Starting to have a familiar ring to it. Who are they fighting anyway? Here's a quote: "It is clear that the terrorists have targeted Iraqis, the very Iraqis who are trying to improve the security in Iraq and the lives of ordinary Iraqis" It's very odd that they suddenly started targeting primarily civilian targets and are swayed away from coalition targets, I wonder why that is?

So let's get this straight. The US is going after the terrorists rebelling in Iraq. The terrorists are killing the Iraqi people. Are we supposed to believe that the terrorists have the best interest of the Iraqi people in mind?

U.S. Jets Strike Targets in Central Iraq

BAGHDAD, Iraq - U.S. warplanes struck targets in central Iraq on Sunday, witnesses reported, and at least three people were wounded when mortar shells hit an oil company compound in the northern city of Kirkuk, officials said.

ets bombed areas around the city of Samara, about 75 miles north of Baghdad, according to the witnesses. The U.S. military did not immediately confirm the strikes.

Coalition aircraft and artillery have targeted suspected rebel areas for the past two weeks as part of their offensive against guerrillas in central and northern Iraq.

In Kirkuk, 150 miles north of Baghdad, the manager of the Iraqi Northern Oil Company said a club inside the company compound was struck overnight by mortar shells and that three foreigners were hurt.

Adel Al-Qazzaz said he did not know the nationality of the wounded or whether they are soldiers or civilians.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20031123/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq&cid=540&ncid=716

This story was just released, not much info available as of yet.

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Attackers slit the throats of two American soldiers who were waiting in traffic Sunday in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul, witnesses said. The U.S. command in Baghdad said it had no information on the incident.

Boy, I had just read this article this morning and was disturbed by it. You have got to read some of the interesting posts in regards to this! truly amazing how people think!

Allow me to add a post with one part of the article:

MOSUL, Iraq - Gunmen killed two American soldiers driving through this northern Iraqi city Sunday, and then a crowd swarmed the scene, looting the soldiers' vehicle and pummeling their bodies, witnesses said. Another soldier was killed in a roadside bombing north of Baghdad.

You tell me these people are anything short of animals. You have a right to your opinion, I have a right to mine. I do not know what world you live in but in mine this behavior is not displayed by human beings. Go ahead and post all the justifications or excuses you deem fit, it does not change the facts.

So we conduct some aerial bombing and - wow! - no coalition casualties. Can you imagine that? And then those ingrates slit our troops' throats and blow them up with roadside bombs and gun them down. And then two other troops die in a traffic accident (how weird that troops never seem to die in so many traffic accidents on US bases). What a successful day for freedom and democracy it's been, and none of it would be happening without our invasion of Iraq. Makes me want to look at watch F-15s fly around while listening to "Proud to be an American".

Attacks are decreasing. Fatalities are decreasing. Why does that fact bother you so much? Deal with it.

Originally posted by jimnyc
Attacks are decreasing. Fatalities are decreasing. Why does that fact bother you so much? Deal with it.

Attacks are continuing, fatalities are continuing. This does bother me, especially when people deal with it by wishfully thinking any decrease from the start of Ramadan is a huge improvement. 95 coalition troops have died so far in November, higher than any month this year. 55 have died since Nov. 11. To suggest improvement is just propaganda. It might be a reflection of luck on the part of insurgents and bad luck on the part of coalition forces, but it is not a sign of improvement.

Attacks are continuing, fatalities are continuing.

Did you forget this is a war? Of course people will die during the progress! The rates of both have severely decreased in the past 2 weeks.

This does bother me, especially when people deal with it by wishfully thinking any decrease from the start of Ramadan is a huge improvement.

Sure, whatever you say. Try facts next time. :rolleyes:

95 coalition troops have died so far in November, higher than any month this year. 55 have died since Nov. 11.

And how many by hostiles? Deaths as a result of hostile enemies has decreased since Nov 11th. Deal with it.

To suggest improvement is just propaganda. It might be a reflection of luck on the part of insurgents and bad luck on the part of coalition forces, but it is not a sign of improvement.

Sure! When the insurgents make progress it's because of US policy and we are going about things all wrong. When the USA makes progress it's luck. LOL Great debating skills you have there. :rolleyes:

And how many by hostiles? Deaths as a result of hostile enemies has decreased since Nov 11th. Deal with it.

This is just so pathetic. We don't even know how many of these have been "hostile" because we don't know exactly why the helicopters that crashed on Nov. 15 en route to attack insurgents did (although we can conclude that they would not have crashed without the insurgents' activities). How can we make any firm conclusions based on the numbers of a few weeks? We have to look at trends over months, and these are not pleasant.

55 coalition dead over the past 12 days from various reasons, but mostly combat, and you boast about an improvement? If this is your idea of improvement I'd hate to see your idea of failure.

Originally posted by SLClemens
This is just so pathetic. We don't even know how many of these have been "hostile" because we don't know exactly why the helicopters that crashed on Nov. 15 en route to attack insurgents did (although we can conclude that they would not have crashed without the insurgents' activities). How can we make any firm conclusions based on the numbers of a few weeks? We have to look at trends over months, and these are not pleasant.

55 coalition dead over the past 12 days from various reasons, but mostly combat, and you boast about an improvement? If this is your idea of improvement I'd hate to see your idea of failure.

The only pathetic thing here is you. Every argument I have laid out has been backed up with facts and supporting links. You throw numbers/opinions/propoganda out there and we are supposed to take it as gospel. Unless you have facts to back up what you are saying, YOU ARE WRONG! Deal with it.

The only pathetic thing here is you. Every argument I have laid out has been backed up with facts and supporting links. You throw numbers/opinions/propoganda out there and we are supposed to take it as gospel. Unless you have facts to back up what you are saying, YOU ARE WRONG! Deal with it.

So I suppose then you could provide us with facts about how many coalition members have died from hostile and non-hostile acts since Nov. 11, the two weeks proceeding, and how this compares to previous months.

It sounds very much like the occupation is proceeding exactly as I feared it would, with a steady increase in insurgency. The facts do rather seem to back up this fear. Worse yet, we are providing through our actions more reason for people in Iraq to become insurgents, terrorists, guerrillas, gangsters, vigilantes, and various combinations of the above.

Forum List

Back