13 dead after truck carrying at least 23 crashes in Texas, authorities say

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
A pickup truck overloaded with passengers veered off a highway and crashed into trees in rural South Texas, killing at least 13 people and leaving 10 injured, authorities said.

Gerald Bryant, a spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety, said the 23 passengers, were crammed inside the truck's cab and bed, including at least two young children whom he saw among the dead after the Sunday evening crash.

"This is the most people I've seen in any passenger vehicle, and I've been an officer for 38 years," Bryant said, referring to the chaotic scene in Goliad County.

Read more: 13 dead after truck carrying at least 23 crashes in Texas, authorities say | Fox News

coming up from Mexico to get em some food stamps?

In FL you are exempt from the seatbelt law and law governing riding in the back of a pickup if you are hauling farm workers...

In FL you are exempt from the seatbelt law and law governing riding in the back of a pickup if you are hauling farm workers...

this was in Texas asswipe.

this is from Texas seatbelt laws.

V.T.C.A., Transportation Code 545.414. Riding in Open Beds; Offense
(a) A person commits an offense if the person operates an open-bed pickup truck or an open flatbed truck or draws an open flatbed trailer when a child younger than 18 years of age is occupying the bed of the truck or trailer.

(b) An offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not less than $25 or more than $200.

(c) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that the person was:

(1) operating or towing the vehicle in a parade or in an emergency;

(2) operating the vehicle to transport farmworkers from one field to another field on a farm-to-market road, ranch-to-market road, or county road outside a municipality;

(3) operating the vehicle on a beach;

(4) operating a vehicle that is the only vehicle owned or operated by members of the household;

(5) or operating the vehicle in a hayride permitted by the governing body of or law enforcement agency of each county or municipality in which the hayride will occur.

TxDPS - Texas Occupant Restraint Laws

Freedom to cram as many as you want in a vehicle. Thems the breaks.

Had the driver not had access to a high capacity vehicle, most of these people might still be alive.

Ban all pickup trucks today!

There is no reason anyone NEEDS a pickup.

You can do anything with a car and a trailer or a van that you can do with a pickup.

We must ban pickups to save lives...it's the high capacity that's the problem!!!

Last edited:

Had the driver not had access to a high capacity vehicle, most of these people might still be alive.

You can do anything with a car and a trailer or a van that you can do with a pickup.

We must ban pickups to save lives...it's the high capacity that's the problem.

Then put the "migrants" on the trailer? :eusa_think:

23 idiots in or on one vehicle is not a normal occurance in America, but it is a normal thing in certain regions of the world.

This is going to happen more and more... get ready for it, because most of us will not recognise this country soon....

I feel awful for the little kids that are raised by these illiterate uneducated masses and then find themselves dead on the side of the road due to their ignorant parents

Last edited:

this was in Texas asswipe.

this is from Texas seatbelt laws.

V.T.C.A., Transportation Code 545.414. Riding in Open Beds; Offense
(a) A person commits an offense if the person operates an open-bed pickup truck or an open flatbed truck or draws an open flatbed trailer when a child younger than 18 years of age is occupying the bed of the truck or trailer.

(b) An offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not less than $25 or more than $200.

(c) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that the person was:

(1) operating or towing the vehicle in a parade or in an emergency;

(2) operating the vehicle to transport farmworkers from one field to another field on a farm-to-market road, ranch-to-market road, or county road outside a municipality;

(3) operating the vehicle on a beach;

(4) operating a vehicle that is the only vehicle owned or operated by members of the household;

(5) or operating the vehicle in a hayride permitted by the governing body of or law enforcement agency of each county or municipality in which the hayride will occur.

TxDPS - Texas Occupant Restraint Laws

well, the dead voters will be happy to know they didn't violate any laws.

We must ban pickups to save lives...it's the high capacity that's the problem.

23 idiots in or on one vehicle is not a normal occurance in America, but it is a normal thing in certain regions of the world.

But...but...but...I doesn't matter that there are 50 million responsible pickup truck owners...It only takes a few incidents like this one to prove that we should ban all pickup trucks, everywhere.

Don't you see??? Pickup trucks are the problem!!!

Ban them today!!!

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out how 23 people could fit in the cab and in the back of the truck. I'm pretty positive the truck wasn't a Ford Ranger and had to be a full sized pick-up like an F-150 or something like that.

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out how 23 people could fit in the cab and in the back of the truck. I'm pretty positive the truck wasn't a Ford Ranger and had to be a full sized pick-up like an F-150 or something like that.

from the article

The white 2000 Ford F-250 pickup

there is a picture of it as well, smashed up

HOw about them texas laws being like the florida laws on riding in the back of a pickup?

Do I get another mindless insult now willer?

Forum List

Back