128,000 Jobs Could Be Lost By June

I bought a Tahoe LTZ... my first GM.. my last 3 cars were Mercury Grand Marquis'. Man.. loved those cars.. fuckers quit making the Crown Vic..

Actually, I love the Tahoe... and my '94 full-size Bronco.. aka. The Beast.

I bought it new, it spent more time in the shop than in my garage, I did nothing wrong. It was a sucky car. I'm sure they'll let you buy it so a brain like you can resurrect the POS.. I have never had that much trouble with any vehicle. I own GMCs now, I don't have any real issues.

I bought a Honda, that's where I screwed up.

So I look at it this way, Honda, problems.

Chevrolet, no problems.

My choice is easy.

I bought my daughter a brand new Honda Accord for her HS graduation present. She drove it all through college and over a year after college 196,000+ miles total. Changed the oil every 3000 miles using Mobil 1 ... aside from brakes, and tires that car was in the shop 3 times. 1 teardown for a camshaft seal. Honda paid 50% of that. I owned and drove Cadillacs, and Town Cars. The Caddys rattled and the TC's burned oil. I dumped them every 2 years just to stay ahead of the curve.The Honda was by far a better built car.
That is your experience, nice you like Hondas, I don't no big deal. Drive what you like.

I drive a ford Explorer and so does my daughter, and both of us have been ever since Ford refused to take government hand outs from Bush.

Ford took bailout money the same month GM filed bankruptcy or is Obama bailout money better?

maybe this is why I think you're full of shit ..

Ford F Turns a Profit after Turning Down Bailout

did I mention I bought a shit load of ford stock @ 6$ a share ? No?

have a nice day. Careful, don't bump into reality.

Let's see, you profit by legislation that approved a loan from the government. Hmmmm...
How is it not a bailout?

Ford Motor Co. Does U-turn on Bailouts

The forecasts are grim for the oil workers nationwide, if the price of a barrel doesn't rise to over $50 a barrel.

These aren't high corporate people, these are the hard working people that have moved to find work. These are the working middle class.

Of course we laugh and thank Obama, but now what do we do with 128,000 oil workers. North Dakota is saying 20,000 jobs are leaving. Sad, turn of events.

I like the low gas prices, however as with everything has a consequence.

Gee, the left didn't show concern when businesses were closing their doors because of Obamacare? Where is the concern for jobs that will be lost if the minimum wage is increased?

Usually, the left just says that the big companies should eat the cost, but now the answer is making life more difficult for millions of people who live paycheck to paycheck by having them pay top dollar for gas.

States and even the federal government are already taking advantage of the lower prices by adding more taxes. Once the price goes back up, it'll be worse than ever.

There are consequences, but it's good for the majority when gas prices are low.

Ford didn't take any Bush TARP money. They got a shitload of assistance from the DOE to help them make better fuel efficient cars. And they do. That FYI saves idiots like you $$ at the pump, and makes people like me who invested in the company, a shitload of $$, while saving $$ at the pump ... win win for myself and other Ford owners/investors. I'm going to the bank and your going to a Chevy in your driveway.

Good for you.

The forecasts are grim for the oil workers nationwide, if the price of a barrel doesn't rise to over $50 a barrel.

These aren't high corporate people, these are the hard working people that have moved to find work. These are the working middle class.

Of course we laugh and thank Obama, but now what do we do with 128,000 oil workers. North Dakota is saying 20,000 jobs are leaving. Sad, turn of events.

Gee, the left didn't show concern when businesses were closing their doors because of Obamacare? Where is the concern for jobs that will be lost if the minimum wage is increased?

Usually, the left just says that the big companies should eat the cost, but now the answer is making life more difficult for millions of people who live paycheck to paycheck by having them pay top dollar for gas.

States and even the federal government are already taking advantage of the lower prices by adding more taxes. Once the price goes back up, it'll be worse than ever.

There are consequences, but it's good for the majority when gas prices are low.

Fail !

the real truth about ACA/Jobs

When a number of Republicans claimed that the new CBO report confirmed that the health care law would “kill” more than 2 million jobs, fact-checkers were quick to point out the inaccuracy. (See AP, The Washington Post Fact Checker, PolitiFact, and of course, our report). Still, the Republican talking point endured.

The ACA Losing Jobs vs. Choosing Not to Work

This is why we need the XL pipeline. So prices go down even further!

Ford didn't take any Bush TARP money. They got a shitload of assistance from the DOE to help them make better fuel efficient cars. And they do. That FYI saves idiots like you $$ at the pump, and makes people like me who invested in the company, a shitload of $$, while saving $$ at the pump ... win win for myself and other Ford owners/investors. I'm going to the bank and your going to a Chevy in your driveway.

Good for you.
Right, you are the only person that invested in Ford and the only person to make money in the stock market. Arrogant fucktards like you make me laugh. Most people need not brag about what they invest in. They just collect.

Good for you.
Right, you are the only person that invested in Ford and the only person to make money in the stock market. Arrogant fucktards like you make me laugh. Most people need not brag about what they invest in. They just collect.

win win for myself and other Ford owners/investors.

that ^^^^^ was in my post... what part of myself AND OTHERS confuses you ?

Good for you.

win win for myself and other Ford owners/investors.

that ^^^^^ was in my post... what part of myself AND OTHERS confuses you ?

What makes you think I don't invest in stocks? What makes you think I didn't invest in Ford or Chevy? Why do you need to drive to a bank to put money in? Are you illiterate on the internet and transferring money? You make stupid ASSumptions.
While you are "going to the bank" ? :lmao: try learning nag to use the computer son.

Simple thinkers believe I am the "bastion of liberals" because I disagree vehemently with the ultra conservatives, single issue conservatives/social conservatives and callous conservatives. Consider me a pragmatic libertarian, aka a progressive democrat who believes in fiscal responsibility, the antithesis being the tea party movement.

My 2006 Honda Odyssey has 109,000 miles on it and it runs like new. I've changed the oil very 5,000 miles and have done all of the recommended service on time, most done by my mechanic. The brakes were replaced at 7,000 miles because the pads had been recalled, and I did not need to have the brakes done until last year when I had the recommended timing belt changed just before it turned 100,000 miles.

It has been reliable on all of our trips, it has taken us to Mexico, Canada and every Western State except New Mexico. It is the best and most reliable vehicle I've ever owned.

Good for you, doesn't mean I can't have my opinion, my Honda was a piece of crap. It was not a good experience. Glad you like yours. I will never own another one.

Maybe you should learn how to take care of your cars.

Who said it didn't? Don't ASSume you know what you are talking about.
I followed the suggest maintenance plan on my vehicles.

Maybe you should learn not to be an ass and make conclusion based on nothing.
dude the suggested maintenance is just a suggestion. If a rat eats the wires, it's not your manufacture's fault. If the dumb ass that changes you oil puts dirty oil in there, it's not the manufacture's fault. If your local service guys are asshats it's not the manufacture's fault. If your gas station decides to put too much ethanol in the gas it's not the manufacture's fault. Your gonna have to be more specific on what myriad of problems you had with your particular honda before we can explain to ya what you screwed up.

I bought it new, it spent more time in the shop than in my garage, I did nothing wrong. It was a sucky car. I'm sure they'll let you buy it so a brain like you can resurrect the POS.. I have never had that much trouble with any vehicle. I own GMCs now, I don't have any real issues.

Chevrolet, no problems.

My choice is easy.

Maybe your neighbor sells chevy's and would come break your car every night.

Good for you, doesn't mean I can't have my opinion, my Honda was a piece of crap. It was not a good experience. Glad you like yours. I will never own another one.

Maybe you should learn how to take care of your cars.

Who said it didn't? Don't ASSume you know what you are talking about.
I followed the suggest maintenance plan on my vehicles.

Maybe you should learn not to be an ass and make conclusion based on nothing.
dude the suggested maintenance is just a suggestion. If a rat eats the wires, it's not your manufacture's fault. If the dumb ass that changes you oil puts dirty oil in there, it's not the manufacture's fault. If your local service guys are asshats it's not the manufacture's fault. If your gas station decides to put too much ethanol in the gas it's not the manufacture's fault. Your gonna have to be more specific on what myriad of problems you had with your particular honda before we can explain to ya what you screwed up.

Chevrolet, no problems.

My choice is easy.

Maybe your neighbor sells chevy's and would come break your car every night.

Might have been.

Did it ever occurs to all the Einsteins, that with lower gas prices people will have more disposable income to buy more goods thus creating more jobs to make those goods and provide those services

One penny gasoline price drop equals one billion in the economy.

It's hitting my oilfield clients hard down here in south Louisiana... one client alone just laid off 300+. We love our cheap gas, but frankly, I'd rather be paying a bit more. I have received more than one letter requesting 20% reduction in fees.

I'm guessing that the $34.00bbl profit isn't enough?

Forum List

Back