127 hours

Sounds long. :razz:

Then again I spent $10 on Battle L.A. and it was just OK. Spoiler alert: I may have enjoyed it less than others as I was rooting for the aliens. (they were attacking lala land after all)

• Banned
I wont bother with battle LA. Sounds like those stupid b flicks on SciFi channel. Bad actors, bimbos all over the place, worse scripts, computer monsters.

I wont bother with battle LA. Sounds like those stupid b flicks on SciFi channel. Bad actors, bimbos all over the place, worse scripts, computer monsters.

It was very B movie-ish, but the acting was good (not enough bimbos though) and the story was pretty weak as well.

It;s a popcorn flick without a doubt.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjC3R6jOtUo]YouTube - Brit vs. U.S. Movies - Eddie Izzard[/ame]

• Banned
Blech. I want a good flick that keeps me interested. LOVED the Resident Evil flicks. Far from B movies with empty headed bimbos that cant act.

• Banned
I did. The one they showed recently as a tv series. Forgot the name of it. The sheriff dude? The zombies were cool...but the storyline didnt float my boat.

I kinda liked Doom.

I did. The one they showed recently as a tv series. Forgot the name of it. The sheriff dude? The zombies were cool...but the storyline didnt float my boat.

I kinda liked Doom.

I thought I would like that show. Can't speak to it really as I don't have cable and Hulu was only allowed to show the first episode.

I should admit though, I do enjoy campy films as a rule. (though not all zombie flicks are campy)

That said, one of my favorite all time movies is Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead (a Tom Stoppard play on Hamlet) which is to say, in general I share movie taste with, well, no one else on Earth. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LspWt3HlODY]YouTube - Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead Trailer[/ame]

• Banned
Zombies arent really my thing, to be honest. I like stuff like Pitch Black, Chronicles of Riddick, Mutant Chronicles, Dune, Doom, Dracula (gary oldman), etc.
Campy b movies I cannot abide. Watched Scream..was not impressed. Same with the Elm Street flicks and Halloween. Dumb movies. Blech.

I made the mistake of buying Burlesque last week. Worst acting, singing and storyline ever.

I think we're going to make yet another mistake with Black Swan this week.

I didnt watch Burlesque. All the hype about it was instant Red Flags. I read the reviews in netflix before I put it in my list. Most of those reviews are right on the mark.

127 Hours had the same hype.
I mean, I admire the guy, but the movie sucked.
I wont watch Black Swan. Not my cuppa.

I didnt watch Burlesque. All the hype about it was instant Red Flags. I read the reviews in netflix before I put it in my list. Most of those reviews are right on the mark.

127 Hours had the same hype.
I mean, I admire the guy, but the movie sucked.
I wont watch Black Swan. Not my cuppa.

I just didn't want to see the guy cutting off his arm. <Shudder>

I knew they'd make a movie about it.

Did you see The Fighter?

Havent seen the fighter. Boxing isnt my cuppa either.
They didnt show a lot of him cutting off his arm. Mostly it was him hallucinating and being a dumb ass in the first place by getting himself in that situation to begin with. Plus, I knew what was gonna happen before it did. Like dropping the knife; dropping his water bottle, etc.
Poorly made. Netflix folks gave it two stars..which means "didnt like it". I can see why.

They didnt show a lot of him cutting off his arm. Mostly it was him hallucinating and being a dumb ass in the first place by getting himself in that situation to begin with. Plus, I knew what was gonna happen before it did. Like dropping the knife; dropping his water bottle, etc.
Poorly made. Netflix folks gave it two stars..which means "didnt like it". I can see why.

The music alone in The Fighter makes it worth the time and $4. The acting was excellent, I didn't expect that.

The Fighter (2010) - Soundtracks

The music alone in The Fighter makes it worth the time and $4. The acting was excellent, I didn't expect that.

Christian Bale made the movie. Wahlberg was terribly mis-cast. He stuck out like a sore thumb.

Christian Bale made the movie. Wahlberg was terribly mis-cast. He stuck out like a sore thumb.

Isn't that funny? I liked him in this role.

Forum List

Back