12 Years

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
12 years ago today I woke up to perhaps the nicest place on the planet. The air was pure, the beach calm with a nice breeze, food already laid out for the taking & the bars were already open poolside. I've never felt so relaxed before and it was one of the most memorable days of my life. I was married to Diana 12 years ago today in St. Lucia, alongside the beach at the resort. We didn't exchange vows until around 3 in the afternoon, so the morning and early afternoon were spent swimming, playing pool and drinking a LOT of rum! I was a little tipsy in the pool when I looked at my watch and realized I had to run and get my suit on to get married! I still remember the entire day as if it were yesterday, even though with what I consumed I have no right remembering anything. It was just one of those times where you literally forgot about life for awhile, learned how to drop all stress for a few days, and just completely enjoy yourself. I can honestly say I don't think I had a single worry in my mind the entire week we were there.

Sometimes I wish you could just snap your finger and go back in time.

Oh, and BTW, we did officially reach the 12th. We're still married, just not living together. Or celebrating the fact that we've lasted this long regardless of the pitfalls, and created the most beautiful boy I've ever laid eyes on.

New Topics

Forum List

Back