12 Inconvenient Truths About American Higher Education

Program Sweet Pea

ESL (English-as-a-Second-Language) programs in high school promote people to think more progressively about the merits of proactive multi-culturalism initiatives in American schools.

Such thinking affects how we view issues such as the racial composition in college fraternities and sororities.

Dialogue about these topics will impact how we connect education with capitalism in the United States!

Wow, talk about over-interpretation! ESL programs do not necessarily do any of that.

12 Inconvenient Truths About American Higher Education Innovations - Blogs - The Chronicle of Higher Education
The old article but very up-to-date one.
I think the problem is, people are looking to colleges for jobs or as training schools when we should be looking at them as just centers for knowledge. don't blame the schools for no jobs. blame the economy. It shouldn't be their responsibility to get you a job.

The article is spot on. Higher education is supposed to advance American society, but instead it is destroying it. My cousin told me to send her daughter to U of I costs her $50K a year. Her daughter is taking out loans to cover $40K of it. After 4 years (granted she graduates on time) it will cost her $160K!

Our children are going to be slaves to the government.
Do students have to take loans? Seems like this is a decision people have to make.

12 Inconvenient Truths About American Higher Education Innovations - Blogs - The Chronicle of Higher Education
The old article but very up-to-date one.
I think the problem is, people are looking to colleges for jobs or as training schools when we should be looking at them as just centers for knowledge. don't blame the schools for no jobs. blame the economy. It shouldn't be their responsibility to get you a job.

The article is spot on. Higher education is supposed to advance American society, but instead it is destroying it. My cousin told me to send her daughter to U of I costs her $50K a year. Her daughter is taking out loans to cover $40K of it. After 4 years (granted she graduates on time) it will cost her $160K!

Our children are going to be slaves to the government.
Do students have to take loans? Seems like this is a decision people have to make.
When college cost $50k a year and you need a college degree to even apply ft jobs in this economy; yes you do need a college degree.

However, the military is a good option for some.

Even if college cost $25k a year, most kids would still need to take out student loans.

Forum List

Back