12.8 Million Americans get BILLION DOLLAR Rebate from Obamacare

R

rdean

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Health insurers will dole out a total of $1 billion in rebates to 12.8 million Americans this summer -- an average of $151 per family --as a result of the 2010 health care reform law, the government said Thursday.
The rebates announced by the Department of Health and Human Services come from a provision of the law that punishes insurers who spend too much of policyholders' premiums for boosting company profits instead of paying for their medical care.

See average health insurance rebates by state
The rule mandated that, beginning in 2011, insurance companies would have to spend 80% to 85% of the premiums they collect on medical care instead of toward their own profits and overhead costs.

Health care insurers to dole out $1B in rebates to consumers - Jun. 21, 2012

Don't worry right wingers. The Supreme Court might strike it down then those companies can still gouge the Middle Class. So stay positive.

Junk in=junk out. We don't know what was in the 3,000 page monstrosity any more than Nancy Pelosi did when she told Americans "you will have to wait until the bill is passed to find out what's in it". CNN might be in the business of propping up the Obama regime but their opinion ain't worth diddly anymore.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Health insurers will dole out a total of $1 billion in rebates to 12.8 million Americans this summer -- an average of $151 per family --as a result of the 2010 health care reform law, the government said Thursday.
The rebates announced by the Department of Health and Human Services come from a provision of the law that punishes insurers who spend too much of policyholders' premiums for boosting company profits instead of paying for their medical care.

The rule mandated that, beginning in 2011, insurance companies would have to spend 80% to 85% of the premiums they collect on medical care instead of toward their own profits and overhead costs.

Don't worry right wingers. The Supreme Court might strike it down then those companies can still gouge the Middle Class. So stay positive.

Yeah 8% unemployment because Obama has businesses terrified, I can see that being worth a $151 trade off

That there is beed sum good nudes!!! Specialy since the avaredge preemeeum increase for 2011 was only just 10% per family....gee whiz, good thing our edgamacatun sistem is the goodest in wurld!! Elseways weez mightn't be abul to dew the mathamaticals!!

Thanks Obama!!!

Republicans can't complain about health care when their policy is "let him die". Besides that and "die quickly", what do they offer? Nothing. Well, except bankruptcy. But why they see that as a "good thing" is something I don't understand.

Yeah 8% unemployment because Obama has businesses terrified, I can see that being worth a $151 trade off

If the re-thugs were in power now, the unemployment would likely be double what it is now. Thank god the dems whooped the crap out of the GOP in 06' and 08' to save the nation from the brink of complete disaster caused by the right wingers.

Yump, and it am shoor beed a gud thang dat weez beed edumacted in a gubmint run pubik schul too!! Ware we learned our mathamaticals reeel reeel good, weez am the goodestestest at the maths!!! Iffin weez wadint , weez'd notta beed abell to figyur out that the "rebate" that Obidobi dun got us is way way less then the extra munney we beed bin paid four the obambicare!!!

If the re-thugs were in power now, the unemployment would likely be double what it is now. Thank god the dems whooped the crap out of the GOP in 06' and 08' to save the nation from the brink of complete disaster caused by the right wingers.

I think they've learned their lesson. Mitt says, "This time we'll get it right". I think he means it. He want's to give the SAME OLD TIRED policies another go round.

This would be the second rebate we've gotten plus the other benefits I've talked about before. Enjoy it now because the corrupt activist conservative scotus WILL repeal it and we will all be paying more as a result.

Isn't it funny how the rw's want to pay more and get less? In FACT, many here don't even know that they could have been availing themselves of the financial benefits for more than two years already.

Go figure.

This would be the second rebate we've gotten plus the other benefits I've talked about before. Enjoy it now because the corrupt activist conservative scotus WILL repeal it and we will all be paying more as a result.

Isn't it funny how the rw's want to pay more and get less? In FACT, many here don't even know that they could have been availing themselves of the financial benefits for more than two years already.

Go figure.

What financial benefits could I have been availing myself of?????????

Go figure.

What financial benefits could I have been availing myself of?????????

Only you know your situation. If you are interested, you could research, educate yourself, make changes if you believe that's warranted. Or, if you refer, you could bitch and whine at eople on a message board. Your choice.

Zander, same thing. If you don't like the benefits of ACA, you could send your rebate back to your insurance company. Your choice.

Forum List

Back