12.1 inches and counting!

Look at the bright side...its 80 degrees in Miami today...no shut your pie hole and shovel the driveway :)

God I don't miss the snow,

snow is cool at first and gets old after about umm 3 and a half minutes

Y'all can keep that ice shit.. My toy doesn't do any better on ice than any car, I don't think..

I wonder where they're going to PUT all the snow.. They've been hauling it away in dumptrucks this week... Parking lot snow mountains are already about 15' high, if not more.. :confused:
I think I live in Wisconsin now! We are at 23 inches now with 6 inches or more to come!
They finally shut everything down including buses, which for about twenty minutes this morning they had a few routes going and then they suspended services because all the buses are getting stuck. Just say we have broken a few records here.

Downtown Seattle: 2 inches! WOOT! I am praying for the 12 inches here ... outlining areas are nearly 6 inches!

This is sad, growing up snow wasn't this strange to us, but now it's a rare occasion, but still .... WOOT!

it is a bigg WOOT here!lol I now have to have my dad drive me to work because he has 4wheel drive and a truck! And the snow is still coming!

Just to update, the snow was so bad here Walmart even closed by 1pm today and our rush hour traffic report was there was no traffic!

Look at the bright side...its 80 degrees in Miami today...no shut your pie hole and shovel the driveway :)

God I don't miss the snow,

snow is cool at first and gets old after about umm 3 and a half minutes

It gets old right about the time you have to brush the first 8" off it just to get into your car and get it started. :evil:

Oh, and I HATE people that leave snow on their cars to blow onto the cars behind them while driving, and I can't reach the top of my truck without a stepladder. :(:(

Just to update, the snow was so bad here Walmart even closed by 1pm today and our rush hour traffic report was there was no traffic!

They closed WALLY WORLD during the Christmas Shopping Crunch Time? :eek:

Wow, it really must be a snowstorm! How will people get their "made in China" Chia Pets now?

So we have gotten 12.1 inches of snow and are expected to get 5 to 10 more and they still have not closed the local schools here. I also heard that the Vegas airport is closed due to them recieving 4 inches of snow, while our aiport is open at this time.

Is this thread title intentionally misleading? Are you playing games? ;)

They closed WALLY WORLD during the Christmas Shopping Crunch Time? :eek:

Wow, it really must be a snowstorm! How will people get their "made in China" Chia Pets now?
Yeah!Really! They probably had to close because no one could make it to work, Kmart stayed open until 5pm but had to close because no one could make it to work. We have not had this much snow in one day in something like 45 years but I think we broke that record by an inch and tomorrow it is going to be negative 4 over night and 3 during the day. But Gonzaga is still playing tonight and kicking ass, even Stockton made it to the game!

I saw an article years back about when Chicago was dumped on, and they went through the streets with front end loaders, loading snow into dump trucks. They took the snow to the railroad yards where they used front end loaders to put the snow into open top gondola cars in a long train. Then they routed the train to a southern route, into the sunshine and warmth. While traveling there, the snow melted out of the cars, and the train was routed back to Chicago railroad yards again for another haul.
Last year with all snow we just had flooding and are falls were pretty cool to look at in the spring. They did have to haul some of the snow away from when they plowed!

How ya doing up there to the north? We're on the edge of the next ice age. It's been snowing for hours now and still coming down. They are talking 6-10 inches. To be topped off with freezing rain then more snow. I got out yesterday and did my Christmas shopping thankfully. I hope the power stays on! We have an all electric home. I have a stack of blankets, flashlights, radio, etc etc ready.

How ya doing up there to the north? We're on the edge of the next ice age. It's been snowing for hours now and still coming down. They are talking 6-10 inches. To be topped off with freezing rain then more snow. I got out yesterday and did my Christmas shopping thankfully. I hope the power stays on! We have an all electric home. I have a stack of blankets, flashlights, radio, etc etc ready.
Well my street just got plowed and we could get 5 to 10 tonight on top of the twenty or so we already have and there is more to come in a few days. The sun is out today though and it looks beautiful out! Last night I wish I would have had the right type of camera. I live out in a suburb and the lights from the city and the moon with the now, it looked pretty cool. We did get about 10 below last night but I didn't go outside really so it wasn't that bad.

Forum List

Back