12.00OGrand a year now, Family of 2, older

hey Dave , go fuck yourself, you got a smart mouth, and that's about it

Captain, I sense great... anger in this entity.

diana.jpg

If I may take a moment to attempt to read between the lie-ins...

My health insurance premiums are almost exactly that- $12,000 per year for a family of 3. It's a crap policy... high deductibles, co-pays, and out-of-pocket expenses. Older? Well wife and I are 54, daughter in teens. Might I some day be dropped by my insurance carrier? Perhaps. If so what am I going to do? Who knows. We're relatively healthy, so I could put $12K per year in the bank, and take my chances.

That's what this shit is all about- take your chances for those who can afford it. For those who can't afford insurance- your healthcare burden falls on me. I'm already paying for it. Reform means I'll pay more for the same crap coverage. Spread the wealth- spread the poverty. The have-nots will have my ass even more so.

Am I bitter about this? Not really. I'll find a way to squeeze a few more thousand a year from my family budget. What choice will I have?

My comfort lies in not having to give a piss about the debate, about the concessions, about the wrangling among political parties. I'll get a letter from my insurance carrier some day- "Mr. H. your premiums have been increased by $x,ooo per year". So I choke up and find a way to pay it. Big deal.

I can do without.

What rags my ass about this whole issue is the insistance of the Obama administration in mandating that every U.S. resident have health insurance at the cost of folks like myself who have paid in tens of thousands of dollars over the years just to cover the "risk".

Now I have to cover you too? Well why don't you just come on over for dinner- there's a meatloaf in the oven and mashed potatos on the stove.

Forum List

Back