$11M CT Fountain Toilet Use Has Closed Landmark

freedombecki

Let's go swimmin'!
May 3, 2011
My house
NL's whale fountain shut off for sanitary reasons

New London — The city turned off the water at the new whale tail fountain over the weekend after someone reportedly defecated in the water.

"People are using the tail as a latrine,'' Evelyn Louziotis said. "It's an $11 million bathroom."​

America, wise up. This is the opposite of what generations of Americans taught their kids: "Cleanliness is next to Godliness."

What say you?

Last edited:
The ethnicity of that city will easily answer the question of: "what kind of people would do this"?
According to the 2006-2008 American Community Survey, non-Hispanic whites made up 54.6% of New London's population.

The ethnicity of that city will easily answer the question of: "what kind of people would do this"?
According to the 2006-2008 American Community Survey, non-Hispanic whites made up 54.6% of New London's population.

Somebody went bathroom in the $11 million dollar fountain. Are they going to have to spend another two thousand to photograph who's putrefying the water there?

I doubt bodily function has anything whatever to do with "ethnicity."

It's a crime issue since disease flourishes in bodily wastes, and someone is putting everybody else at risk by placing his wastes where others could be taking a drink now and then.

The whites live in the suburbs of the city.

The downtown area where the fountain is located is made up of non-whites.

Why would you think non-whites believe a city would spend eleven million dollars on a fountain that reflects the city's tie with the ocean so they could use it for a potty?

I think it's a behavioral issue that should be addressed with educational and hard-labor consequences.

Make the idiots doing this do free sanitation work for the fellow citizens they were going to sicken with their wastes, regardless of race or color.

And after they're done cleaning up, make them go to microbiology classes at the nearest college that offers science classes. I'll teach the dumbasses.

And after they're done cleaning up, make them go to microbiology classes at the nearest college that offers science classes. I'll teach the dumbasses.

Have you ever been to downtown New London CT ??

There are crackheads and prostitutes all over the place.

And you want to send these people to microbiology class. :lo:lol:l: :lol: :cuckoo:

Last edited:
web-tail-2.jpg

Have you ever been to downtown New London CT ??

There are crackheads and prostitutes all over the place.

And you want to send these people to microbiology class. :lo:lol:l: :lol: :cuckoo:

They'd be exactly the ones who'd need it the most.

<shudder>

Thanks, Rightwinger for the pic. But to be fair, here's another showing the community around the Whale's Tail fountain, especially little kids enjoying the cool water in the hot weather:

:

The whale’s tail fountain in Parade Plaza has been shut down, only two weeks after it was activated in a public ceremony, due to a concern that some people are using the site as a restroom.

City Manager Denise Rose said she was meeting with members of the New London Police Department today to discuss law enforcement at the site. She said Ledge Light Health District will also be testing the water quality every day.

The discussion at Monday’s City Council meeting took place after some residents expressed concerns that people were defecating or urinating at the fountain. Bill Morse, a member of the Board of Education, said children have been playing in the water streaming from the whale’s fins. He said the misuse of the fountain raises health concerns, especially since the water is recycled.​

New London City Councilor Rob Pero said, "I’ve seen a lot of good-spirited activity going on down there."

My best wishes to the community of New London to clear this matter up and turn the water back on soon. The children took part in opening ceremonies just a couple of weeks ago.

It's all about Community Pride, a great place to go and cool off for the children in the area.

If they learned more about microbiology, the offenders wouldn't even want to spit on the sidewalk.

why would they defecated in that fountain... i think this problem only happen in asia???
weird thing... come on guys, be more civilized

Forum List

Back