1177 B.C.- The Year Civilization Collapsed

In 1177 B.C. the Egyptian Empire slid into great decline from which it has never regained its former glory. After centuries of brilliance, the entire civilized world of the Bronze Age came to an abrupt and cataclysmic end. Kingdoms fell like dominoes over the course of just a few decades. No more Minoans or Mycenaeans. No more Trojans, Hittites, or Babylonians. The thriving economy and cultures of the late second millennium B.C., which had stretched from Greece to Egypt and Mesopotamia, suddenly ceased to exist, along with writing systems, technology, and monumental architecture.

How did it happen? Dramatic and abrupt climate change.

Have a nice day.

http://nypost.com/2014/03/29/ancient-civilizations-fell-almost-simultaneously-it-could-happen-again/

Too bad they did not have cap and trade to save them

Civilization suffered a far larger blow when Thera erupted in 1645 BC.
Oh, do tell which civilizations collapsed in 1645 BC.

BTW, love it when you give me smiley faces. Apparently I missed my calling as a comedian. After making one of the worlds top fiddlers almost spit her drink laughing last Saturday I started thinking about my missed calling. So far I have made 2 professional comedians, 15 professional musicians, 6 professional speakers, and a plethora of people from CEO's to Pastors to pilots to average Joes a good belly laugh. So keep those smiley faces coming!

Oh, and the fiddler Saturday was babelicious. Except now she got my wife hooked and I'm buying a fiddle and lessons for her now.
View attachment 151687
Dang you are one lazy little lump. Here, I'll google it for you...you rest, Mmmmkay?
How The Eruption of Thera Changed the World

Like I said, you can't think on your own.
It appears you come here to be ridiculed and to then soothe yourself. Odd behavior.

No, you , with your GED and Google, are not presenting a challenge to accepted scientific theories.
You list one civllization. I listed six.
Yes, you did, you silly little fuck. The Minoan civilization was long dead by that time.

Oh, do tell which civilizations collapsed in 1645 BC.

BTW, love it when you give me smiley faces. Apparently I missed my calling as a comedian. After making one of the worlds top fiddlers almost spit her drink laughing last Saturday I started thinking about my missed calling. So far I have made 2 professional comedians, 15 professional musicians, 6 professional speakers, and a plethora of people from CEO's to Pastors to pilots to average Joes a good belly laugh. So keep those smiley faces coming!

Oh, and the fiddler Saturday was babelicious. Except now she got my wife hooked and I'm buying a fiddle and lessons for her now.
View attachment 151687
Dang you are one lazy little lump. Here, I'll google it for you...you rest, Mmmmkay?

Like I said, you can't think on your own.
It appears you come here to be ridiculed and to then soothe yourself. Odd behavior.

No, you , with your GED and Google, are not presenting a challenge to accepted scientific theories.
You list one civllization. I listed six.
Yes, you did, you silly little fuck. The Minoan civilization was long dead by that time.
"The Minoan civilization was an Aegean Bronze Age civilization on the island of Crete and other Aegean islands which flourished from about 2600 to 1100 BC."

Minoan civilization - Wikipedia

- Weatherman, educating the left since 1978

Based on the nearby island of Crete, the powerful Minoan civilization declined suddenly soon after Thera blew its top. Tsunamis spawned by the eruption would have swamped its naval fleet and coastal villages first off, historians think. A drop in temperatures caused by the massive amounts of sulphur dioxide spouted into the atmosphere then led to several years of cold, wet summers in the region, ruining harvests. The lethal combination overran every mighty Minoan stronghold in less than 50 years.

In just a short time, their peaceful, efficient bureaucracy made way for the warring city-state system of ancient Greece to dominate the Mediterranean. The Aegean would turn out to be a fundamental building block for the history of Europe, and the Minoan decline changed its early foundation completely.

The Minoan civilization ceased to exist shortly after the eruption of Thera. What was left was not a remainder of the Minoan civilization, but that of the Greek city states.

In 1177 B.C. the Egyptian Empire slid into great decline from which it has never regained its former glory. After centuries of brilliance, the entire civilized world of the Bronze Age came to an abrupt and cataclysmic end. Kingdoms fell like dominoes over the course of just a few decades. No more Minoans or Mycenaeans. No more Trojans, Hittites, or Babylonians. The thriving economy and cultures of the late second millennium B.C., which had stretched from Greece to Egypt and Mesopotamia, suddenly ceased to exist, along with writing systems, technology, and monumental architecture.

How did it happen? Dramatic and abrupt climate change.

Have a nice day.

http://nypost.com/2014/03/29/ancient-civilizations-fell-almost-simultaneously-it-could-happen-again/
I didn't know they had the internal combustion engine in ancient Egypt.

Forum List

Back