113th begins at noon

Campaign finance "reform" is a stupid solution that will never work and undermines the First Amendment.

You want to end campaign finance corruption? Well, why does a union or corporation give money to a Congressman?

To give that union or corporation a tax break.

So, make a permanent ban on tax expenditures and you have just removed a huge incentive to donate to an incumbent's campaign.

Which is why Congress will never ban tax expenditures, even though they are costing us over a trillion dollars a year, causing our tax rates to be much higher than they should be.

These assholes know which side their bread is buttered on. There are no fiscal conservatives in Washington.

If they aren't handing out goodies to their friends in the way of subsidies, credits, and loopholes, they are writing regulations which make the playing field unlevel for their friends to keep out competition instead of regulations which protect the public, or they are throwing big government contracts their way.

Our Republic is dying. It is time to start hanging people from lamp posts.

I remember hearing some reps opine whether or not to touch charitable contributions deductions in the upcoming tax overhaul. Thats diff than deducting pol contributions though right?
Anyway, it won't be taken up until after immigration if a wholesale restructuring of the tax-code (what we need) to eliminate loopholes and lower rates to make us more competitive on the global market.

:woohoo:
Awful way to get a 'screen shot'. Dang sunny days.
Caption on that phone is too funny. I hope I am not in trouble.

Attachments

• $IMAG0582.jpg
    $IMAG0582.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 30
  • $IMAG0588.jpg
    $IMAG0588.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 29
Someone in the house just voted for Colin Powell for speaker of the house. :laugh:

You want to watch something funny? Vote right for speaker of the House is Boehner 101, Pelosi 93. You could hear a pin drop in the House right now.

You want to watch something funny? Vote right for speaker of the House is Boehner 101, Pelosi 93. You could hear a pin drop in the House right now.

They just went to a shot of people will laptop running the numbers. Might it be possible? 114, 104. Everyone is voting for someone else.

Boehner next speaker of the House. Had some people looking real nervous there for a while. :lol:

Forum List

Back