112th Congress the Least Productive ever.

This is a good thing. The Less Government does,the better off our Country is. I have always argued that our Congress should meet less often. They're just in session too much. Now they just over-reach and take more of our Freedoms away. They're doing stupid things like banning Light Bulbs. That's not why they were sent to Congress. I don't know anyone who was clamoring for our Government to ban Light Bulbs. They should meet less often and for shorter sessions. The less we see of them,the better off we all are. It's like a breath of fresh air when they're gone away on Recess. So people need to change their perceptions of what a 'Productive Congress' is. The old perceptions just don't work anymore. The more they meet,the more you get screwed. That's the reality. I support more Recesses for sure. When they're away,i know they can't destroy the Nation any more.

First, I wonder what precious American freedoms are threatened by using more efficient lighting.

But if you think Congress is the destroyer of freedoms, why don't you advocate diminishing or eliminating regulatory agencies? Ban the EPA. that way, whatever company wanting to strip mine coal, dump hazardous waste into the air, soil and water can do so and make a larger profit!

Ban OSHA so the companies can do away with those restrictive regulations on personal protective equipment, confined space entry procedures and lock out/tag out rules concerning power supplies. More company profit is sure to result.

Perhaps the Congress can take up tort reform before adjourning forever so individuals cannot sue after they lose an arm or a life because there are no longer OSHA regulations looking out for their safety. Towns and cities can't sue because a plant has poisoned the municipal water supply with toxic waste. Get those nuisance suits out of the way of further progress and profit.

After all, without the safeguards imposed by the will of the people through Congress, our corporate bosses can run with impunity through our lives just so they can enhance their bottom lines and impress their stockholders.

OSHA is also known for slapping fines on people for not labeling a bottle of windex.

There is a line where government regulation can actually protect and where it hampers business and choices of employers and employees both.

Here's a great example.

Mayor Moron Menino of the once great state of Assachusetts is on a crusade to close down cigar bars because people who work there would be better off on unemployment rather than working in a smoking establishment. Mayor Moron doesn't care that those people chose to work there did he?

Whenever the government tells you that you'd be better off doing something their way watch out because you will be forced to do it their way whether you choose to or not.
Is your whole opinion based on anecdotal evidence, or do you, like me, have some real life experience dealing with workplace safety issues in general and OSHA in particular?

Things are seldom as they are reported on Fox once you enter the real world.

More Legislation and intrusion in Citizens' lives is not a good thing. We should all be very happy & relieved when our Congress doesn't do much. Now it's just all about over-reaching for them. I mean how many more Laws do we really need? We're already becoming a Police State for God's sake. If anything,we should slow this process down. We certainly shouldn't be begging for more Laws. That just seems ludicrous to me. People need to change their perceptions relating to Congress. Less really is More. I'm actually very comfortable with them going away on more Recesses. That would be great for the Country. Less really is More. More Americans need to start looking at Congress this way.

This is a good thing. The Less Government does,the better off our Country is. I have always argued that our Congress should meet less often. They're just in session too much. Now they just over-reach and take more of our Freedoms away. They're doing stupid things like banning Light Bulbs. That's not why they were sent to Congress. I don't know anyone who was clamoring for our Government to ban Light Bulbs. They should meet less often and for shorter sessions. The less we see of them,the better off we all are. It's like a breath of fresh air when they're gone away on Recess. So people need to change their perceptions of what a 'Productive Congress' is. The old perceptions just don't work anymore. The more they meet,the more you get screwed. That's the reality. I support more Recesses for sure. When they're away,i know they can't destroy the Nation any more.

First, I wonder what precious American freedoms are threatened by using more efficient lighting.

But if you think Congress is the destroyer of freedoms, why don't you advocate diminishing or eliminating regulatory agencies? Ban the EPA. that way, whatever company wanting to strip mine coal, dump hazardous waste into the air, soil and water can do so and make a larger profit!

Ban OSHA so the companies can do away with those restrictive regulations on personal protective equipment, confined space entry procedures and lock out/tag out rules concerning power supplies. More company profit is sure to result.

Perhaps the Congress can take up tort reform before adjourning forever so individuals cannot sue after they lose an arm or a life because there are no longer OSHA regulations looking out for their safety. Towns and cities can't sue because a plant has poisoned the municipal water supply with toxic waste. Get those nuisance suits out of the way of further progress and profit.

After all, without the safeguards imposed by the will of the people through Congress, our corporate bosses can run with impunity through our lives just so they can enhance their bottom lines and impress their stockholders.

bigstockphotohammerstri.jpg

Last edited:

uhm

Is this supposed to be bad news?

Cuz I'm doin' :thewave:

The more these assholes do, the worse things have become. the 112th may go down as the greatest ever.

Right up to the point the national credit rating goes in the dumper and interest rates for EVERYBODY goes through the roof. That ought to create a recession that the Republicans can pin squarely on Obama! That will make for a certain one term presidency! And then the political ambitions of the 112th Congress will be fulfilled!

Too bad about the economic wreckage in their wake! Oh well, the rich will take care of things! They're good at it. Why, just look how well they cared for Enron and Goldman Sachs and Bear Stearns and AIG!

Vote Republican for more responsible leadership!

so I guess you are not doing the wave. :(

Explain sumptin for me please.

When obama took over, he had the first philabuster proof Senate ever. Both houses were his to comand.

Why did he chose HC over the economy, spending and debt?

uhm

Is this supposed to be bad news?

Cuz I'm doin' :thewave:

The more these assholes do, the worse things have become. the 112th may go down as the greatest ever.

Right up to the point the national credit rating goes in the dumper and interest rates for EVERYBODY goes through the roof. That ought to create a recession that the Republicans can pin squarely on Obama! That will make for a certain one term presidency! And then the political ambitions of the 112th Congress will be fulfilled!

Too bad about the economic wreckage in their wake! Oh well, the rich will take care of things! They're good at it. Why, just look how well they cared for Enron and Goldman Sachs and Bear Stearns and AIG!

When obama took over, he had the first philabuster proof Senate ever. Both houses were his to comand.

maybe because HC costs were rising at 3X the rate of inflation & over 60% of personal bankruptcies were HC related. But I'm sure you knew that :rolleyes:

Citizens begging for more stupid Laws like banning Light Bulbs,really are lost souls. Seriously,how many more new Laws do we really need? The Government already controls most aspects of Citizens' lives. So i just don't understand why Citizens would be begging for more Laws and Government intrusion. It just doesn't make sense. I actually count the days till their next Recess. Because when they're away,the People can breathe again. It really is a big relief for the Nation when they go away on Recess. Can't wait for their next one.

maybe because HC costs were rising at 3X the rate of inflation & over 60% of personal bankruptcies were HC related. But I'm sure you knew that :rolleyes:

Wanna know a great way from going bankrupt is?

Being able to find a job.
Having the value of the money you get from that job be worth more. How do we do that, you may ask? By lowering the debt and getting people to work.

I know, I know. Math is so hard.

and

America will not collapse under the vast weight of bankruptcies.

Last edited:

Having the value of the money you get from that job be worth more. How do we do that, you may ask? By lowering the debt and getting people to work.

and

America will not collapse under the vast weight of bankrutcies.
Of course it won't collapse. Nature abhores a vacuum. And as long as the free market remains unfettered? Americans will recreate what was lost.

It's who we are.

OSHA is also known for slapping fines on people for not labeling a bottle of windex.

There is a line where government regulation can actually protect and where it hampers business and choices of employers and employees both.

Here's a great example.

Mayor Moron Menino of the once great state of Assachusetts is on a crusade to close down cigar bars because people who work there would be better off on unemployment rather than working in a smoking establishment. Mayor Moron doesn't care that those people chose to work there did he?

Whenever the government tells you that you'd be better off doing something their way watch out because you will be forced to do it their way whether you choose to or not.
Is your whole opinion based on anecdotal evidence, or do you, like me, have some real life experience dealing with workplace safety issues in general and OSHA in particular?

I run a business and I don't watch Fox news, CNN, MSNBC or any of the other so called "news" on the fucking idiot box. Because Only fucking idiots like you watch TV

Unlike most of you morons I actually read the news from several sources and form my own opinions without being spoon fed by some fucking talking head.

And yes I know people who were slapped with $1000 fines for not labeling a bottle of window cleaner up to OSHA standards even though everyone who worked there knew it was window cleaner.

I can't tell you how many hours I had to waste putting together a fucking ridiculous health and safety manual with sections on what to do if an irate boyfriend of an employee shows up.I would just call the cops but because of idiotic government regulations I had to have a fucking 5 page section in the manual.

SO go ahead and believe that more idiotic regulation is a good thing. And you think I don't work in the real world.

Idiot.

Last edited:

Here's a great example.

I run a business and I don't watch Fox news, CNN, MSNBC or any of the other so called "news" on the fucking idiot box. Because Only fucking idiots like you watch TV

Unlike most of you morons I actually read the news from several sources and form my own opinions without being spoon fed by some fucking talking head.

And yes I know people who were slapped with $1000 fines for not labeling a bottle of window cleaner up to OSHA standards even though everyone who worked there knew it was window cleaner.

I can't tell you how many hours I had to waste putting together a fucking ridiculous health and safety manual with sections on what to do if an irate boyfriend of an employee shows up.I would just call the cops but because of idiotic government regulations I had to have a fucking 5 page section in the manual.

SO go ahead and believe that more idiotic regulation is a good thing. And you think I don't work in the real world.

Idiot.
I have no idea what you thought you were going to accomplish by calling me a moron and an idiot. Words familiar to your ears perhaps? And yet you still are arguing from anecdote and not from experience. Hard to understand words like "anecdote"?

So, you think that regulations on workplace safety are a bad thing. For whom? Certainly the folks in accounting and the executive suite. But the situation is dicier on the production floor.

You would have the voice of the people muted by keeping congress from its work. But have you considered the consequences? More and more power will be in the hands of fewer and fewer people. And those people could give a rat's ass about your workplace safety. Your ability to draw a breath of fresh air. Your chance of drinking clean water. All those people care about is making money. But, if you think as many Conservatives do that money equals what you believe is "freedom", we have nothing further to discuss.

Idiot.
I have no idea what you thought you were going to accomplish by calling me a moron and an idiot. Words familiar to your ears perhaps? And yet you still are arguing from anecdote and not from experience. Hard to understand words like "anecdote"?

So, you think that regulations on workplace safety are a bad thing. For whom? Certainly the folks in accounting and the executive suite. But the situation is dicier on the production floor.

You would have the voice of the people muted by keeping congress from its work. But have you considered the consequences? More and more power will be in the hands of fewer and fewer people. And those people could give a rat's ass about your workplace safety. Your ability to draw a breath of fresh air. Your chance of drinking clean water. All those people care about is making money. But, if you think as many Conservatives do that money equals what you believe is "freedom", we have nothing further to discuss.

Hey dumbass? WHAT do you think November 2010 was about?

Thank me.

and

Of course it won't collapse. Nature abhores a vacuum. And as long as the free market remains unfettered? Americans will recreate what was lost.

It's who we are.

Story from msn.com

Man buys $300k home for $16.

kewl huh?

Turns out he shopped around and did his research. Found an abandoned home that the owners (residents) walked away from. AND the morgage company that actually owned it had gone under.

He squated, and filed papers with the local court for a total cost of $16. All he has to do is keep the property in livable conditions for 3 years and that state gives him the title.

His only risk is the owners of the morgage coming by and kicking him out by selling it or having him removed by the court, but that could take years and cost more in time and effort than its worth.

and

It's who we are.

Story from msn.com

Man buys $300k home for $16.

kewl huh?

Turns out he shopped around and did his research. Found an abandoned home that the owners (residents) walked away from. AND the morgage company that actually owned it had gone under.

He squated, and filed papers with the local court for a total cost of $16. All he has to do is keep the property in livable conditions for 3 years and that state gives him the title.

His only risk is the owners of the morgage coming by and kicking him out by selling it or having him removed by the court, but that could take years and cost more in time and effort than its worth.
Hey? There's risk...and then there is stupidity. I hope he's armed to fight the battle.

So the quality of a congress is how much more government and regulations it creates? What bullshit. :D

It's FOX.

FOX propaganda business network that's pissed.

Focus.

Your head must be spinning. :lol:

None on the right (here) seem to agree with FOX on this.

Will wonders never cease.

:lol:

Yep.

Because business leaders never thought that it would come to this.

They put radicals in congress..but they thought they would do their bidding.

They love the tax thing..hate the default thing.

To clever for their own good.:eusa_whistle:

I can't tell you how many hours I had to waste putting together a fucking ridiculous health and safety manual with sections on what to do if an irate boyfriend of an employee shows up
.I would just call the cops but because of idiotic government regulations I had to have a fucking 5 page section in the manual.

Idiot.

at the PO we had to all sit in front of a TV and watch 20 Minutes of Bullshit on what sexual Harassment is.......we all sat there and just laughed and made fun of it.....all in all a waste of time......

112th Congress the Least Productive ever.

Absolutely fine with me. The less they do, the better off we all are.

Really.

Then you are happy with this economy. Everything is just dandy right?

Because they are blocking cabinet and judicial appointments, they are not voting on any important legistation..in essence they have basically said that President Obama is not the President.

And they've more then made it clear that they will not work with the duly elected President of the United States.

It's a very petulant and dangerous position. They didn't like the results of the last Presidential election and are trying to void the will of the people.

They lied about the reason to elect them too..Jobs and to Protect Medicare.

New Topics

Forum List

Back