11 year old gives birth in NY

An 11-year-old girl in the Northeast recently gave birth to a baby boy, the girl’s family told Fox News.

"My daughter and (her) baby are fine, and the baby is absolutely beautiful," said the mother of the 11-year-old girl. The girl and her family are not being named in order to protect the new parent's privacy.

According to Dr. Manny Alvarez, managing health editor of FoxNews.com, the girl’s age places her in significant danger.

A gift of liberalism!

How wonderful.

Doesn't matter in the slightest to the law. Why do you think people are so hot for parental notification laws?

So that kids won't get abortions...

That's why.

D'uh.

Actually, it's so that kids who have trouble deciding what to wear every morning aren't running around, making life-threatening decisions without benefit of advice and guidance from the adults who are supposed to take care of them. A lot of people who support parental notification are themselves pro-abortion. They just don't want their kids getting medical care without them knowing.

It always amazes me how quick you supposedly "tolerant" leftists are to impose your own personal opinions on everyone else as a universal moral standard. Whatever happened to "my body, my choice"? Does that only count when the "choice" is what YOU would do?

How is it "intolerant" to think this child shouldn't have been forced to have a child?

It's intolerant for you to automatically assume she was "forced", especially since the law leaves the decision solely up to her.

And it's intolerant for you assholes to jump in with "She should never have had the baby", which is basically you wanting to impose YOUR opinions over HER decision, something you hypocritical fools keep saying you hate in everyone else.

And while I don't have trouble believing that you, Jillian, are potentially stupid enough not to have understood my meaning, I don't actually believe that in this case you didn't, so your feigned obtuseness isn't winning any points.

How sick is it that you think she should have been and that her life should have been placed in danger?

Who said I thought she should? Given how much trouble you have articulating your own opinions coherently enough to keep people from laughing at you, you definitely shouldn't be aspiring to state MY opinions.

All I said was that you lying sacks of feces run around, claiming to "just want women to make their own choices", but when they DO make those choices and don't happen to agree with you, you're all foaming at the mouth about how THAT choice shouldn't have been allowed, because YOURS was the only correct one.

In case you didn't catch me saying it before, you're a damned hypocrite.

And, btw... it isn't YOUR body. It's hers. And she is a child who shouldn't be having children and wasn't capable of making those decisions at 10 when she got pregnant.

And btw, Punkinhead, I never said it was. In fact, I'M not the one demanding to know why MY wishes and opinions weren't followed. YOU are the only one here acting as though this girl's body is yours to decide about. Think hard - if you're capable of it - and you'll realize that I haven't voiced any opinion one way or the other about the decision she, her parents, and her doctor made, because I - unlike you - actually stand by what I believe.

And talk to me about how she wasn't capable of making those decisions the next time you're screaming about a proposed parental notification law, hypocrite. I like how in one sentence you tell me it's not MY body, and in the next, you reiterate that you seem to think it's YOURS.

Jillian's a hypocrite. I rest my case.

Doesn't matter in the slightest to the law. Why do you think people are so hot for parental notification laws?

What people? It seems most aren't. Especially many who recall being a teen.

The only reason for a law like that is so that parents can force their own beliefs, either pro or against, abortion. You forced birthers forget that there are just as many parents, maybe more, who do NOT want to see their kids become teenage mothers and fathers as there are who do.

Can't imagine where you would get the idea that "most people" don't support parental notification laws. But I'm glad to know that you think children should be allowed to run wild, doing exactly as they please, and that any attempt by parents to restrict their behavior or - God forbid - teach them anything is "forcing beliefs on them". And heavens, it CERTAINLY can't be possible that we just don't want someone giving medical treatment to our kids without our knowledge, because we want to protect them. GOD, no. It has to be because we're all dying to turn our kids into grandchild factories at the first opportunity.

Thanks for reminding me why I get that automatic sneer of contempt every time I see your screenname.

I sure would like to have some input in my child's life decisions at least until they are on their own.

If only so that you know to watch for something wrong BEFORE she winds up hemorrhaging and has to be rushed to the hospital.

I mean, cripes. I wouldn't want my kid getting a tattoo or piercing without my say-so, let alone an invasive medical procedure. Can't imagine why that's so hard for some people to understand. Also can't imagine what THEIR kids must be like.

I wonder what people would be saying had this poor child died in labor? Or if it turns out her chances for being a mother again in the future are compromised?

These things have happened to other children.

Let's start at the beginning

before you argue that an 11 year old should not have a baby
or an abortion, she should not have been screwing.

That is so disgusting. This is where abstinence should definitely be the only solution

Last edited:
I sure would like to have some input in my child's life decisions at least until they are on their own.

A friend of mine took her daughter to the doctor for a birth control script as soon as she realised hr daughter was about to become sexually active. She made it clear to her daughter that should she become pregnant and chose not to abort she would have to move out as my friend had no intention of having another baby in her house. The daughter became pregnant at 15. My friend moved her out to her own apartment. 15 years later my friend is still subsidizing her daughter's apartment and helping with childcare but at least she and her daughter are still good friends. It was made clear to daughter what was expected of her and what the consequences would be and my friend stuck to it. Her daughter did at least graduate from high school and is married now to the guy with whom she has 3 kids. The daughter expresses some regrets but then don't we all have regrets.

My friend says she has none but she does still think the GYN she took her daughter to to confirm pregnancy was an idiot. The GYN told her daughter, "Congratulations! You are pregnant! My friend is still amazed a doctor would say such a thing to a young girl, especially one with emotional problems. This was a Harvard educated doctor, no less!!

If only so that you know to watch for something wrong BEFORE she winds up hemorrhaging and has to be rushed to the hospital.

I mean, cripes. I wouldn't want my kid getting a tattoo or piercing without my say-so, let alone an invasive medical procedure. Can't imagine why that's so hard for some people to understand. Also can't imagine what THEIR kids must be like.
What about an invasive sexual act?

I think I would've opted for abortion if this was my daughter. It was clearly rape, or incest, and possible death.
But as far as parental notification, the law is wrong. I have opted for elective surgery for both my kids, that they never would have gotten on their own, They were not mature enough to understand the long term risks. Teens should not be able to make any medical decision without parental advice. They are just too dumb.

I think I would've opted for abortion if this was my daughter. It was clearly rape, or incest, and possible death.
But as far as parental notification, the law is wrong. I have opted for elective surgery for both my kids, that they never would have gotten on their own, They were not mature enough to understand the long term risks. Teens should not be able to make any medical decision without parental advice. They are just too dumb.
I would to. Some years older than that, I'm not so sure. One thing I do know, I do not want to be supporting any grandchildren and want none living in my house so whoever wants to become a parent had better plan on becoming financially independent enough to do so ... in their own home. Not mine!

Forum List

Back