11-Year-Old Allegedly Brings Gun To School

TruthOut10

Dec 3, 2012
An 11-year-old student may face charges after he said his parents encouraged him to bring a gun to school for protection.

Fox Salt Lake City reports that the boy said his parents' suggestion came after the devastating Sandy Hook Elementary shooting on Friday.

The student allegedly pulled the .22-caliber pistol out of his backpack during recess Monday morning and pointed it at one of his classmates.

"He pulled out a gun and he put it to my head — me and my friend — (and) said he was going to kill us," Isabelle Rios told KSL. "I told him I was going to tell, but he said, ‘If you tell, I'm going to kill you.'"

Student Brings Gun To School In Utah For 'Protection' After Sandy Hook Elementary Shooting

An 11-year-old student may face charges after he said his parents encouraged him to bring a gun to school for protection.

Fox Salt Lake City reports that the boy said his parents' suggestion came after the devastating Sandy Hook Elementary shooting on Friday.

The student allegedly pulled the .22-caliber pistol out of his backpack during recess Monday morning and pointed it at one of his classmates.

"He pulled out a gun and he put it to my head — me and my friend — (and) said he was going to kill us," Isabelle Rios told KSL. "I told him I was going to tell, but he said, ‘If you tell, I'm going to kill you.'"

Student Brings Gun To School In Utah For 'Protection' After Sandy Hook Elementary Shooting

It's not "allegedly", this 11 year old kid DID bring a gun to school, because apparently, he was scared of the shooting that happened in CT.

A sixth-grade student in Utah is in police custody after he was accused of bringing a gun to school Monday, reportedly claiming he wanted to protect himself in the event of a school shooting.

The 11-year-old is a student at West Kearns Elementary School, in Kearns, Utah, a suburb of Salt Lake City, and brought the .22-caliber handgun to school in his backpack, Granite School District spokesman Ben Horsley said told NBC News.

The boy, whose name has not been released because he is a juvenile, indicated that he wanted to defend himself if there was an incident similar to what happened in Newtown, Conn. Last Friday, 20 students, ages 6 and 7, and six school staff members at Sandy Hook Elementary School were killed when a gunman burst into the school and opened fire before fatally shooting himself. The gunman had killed his mother earlier that day.

“Obviously that’s not the correct approach,” Horlsey said of the 11-year-old's action. “We teach these kids on a regular basis that they have a responsibility to keep their school safe.”

Some witnesses have said they saw the boy brandish the gun on the playground and point it at another child's head. Other reports said the boy verbally threatened another student with the gun. Police have not yet been able to confirm these accounts, Horsley said, noting that it's sometimes difficult to sort out the facts when all the witnesses are children.

Horsley said two of the boy's classmates complained to a teacher at about 3 p.m. MST, about 45 minutes before the end of the school day. The teacher immediately secured the boy and took him to the principal's office. It was the principal who retrieved the boy's backpack from his classroom and contacted Granite School District police. Police were able to find the weapon and secured the situation in three to five minutes, Horsley said.

Sixth-grader in Utah brings gun to school to avoid Connecticut-style attack, district spokesman says - U.S. News

A child should not feel so scared that they feel they have to use a gun to protect themselves. Its sad.

If it is true that ALL of the alleged facts are true the parents should be arrested and charged with public endangerment and child abuse and their stupid kid should be taken away and placed in the custody of the State of Utah. This is the same parental bad decision making that led to Sandy Hook. Except in this case the kid wasn't twenty and ALL of the responsibility falls on the parents.

A child should not feel so scared that they feel they have to use a gun to protect themselves. Its sad.

It is not "sad" you twit. Two adults are responsible for introducing a firearm into the immediate vicinity of children entrusting their dumb ass kid with a pistol and the responsibility to keep it hidden and secure. It is a crime. "Oh but Sandy Hook!!!!!" Fuck Sandy Hook you morons... get a fucking grip!

Noomi...don't fret having riled up the janitor of a seedy Seattle hotel. Internet tough guys used to be a dime a dozen, but worth considerably less these days due to the economies of supply and demand.

I agree with your sentiment that it's a sad situation.

What is with the gun nuts that they're sending their kids to school with guns now?

They seem intent on getting even more kids and teachers killed.

Noomi...don't fret having riled up the janitor of a seedy Seattle hotel. Internet tough guys used to be a dime a dozen, but worth considerably less these days due to the economies of supply and demand.

I agree with your sentiment that it's a sad situation.

You are 100% wrong as usual. Not about the motel..It's seen better days..but as far as my duties..they do not include repairs or even cleaning anything except after my own dogs.

The owner of the property has a crew that clean and pick up garbage...he has a guy that does emergency repairs...he has a glass guy. He's been needed about twenty times.

My duties are just general light management and security.

I can see why giving a gun to an eleven year old who cannot wait to take it to school and point this loaded gun to the head of another student and declare "I will kill you" is "sad". It is because you feel empathy for bullies...not victims. That makes you a sociopath.

I recieved my first firearm when I was 9. I had three by the time I was 11. Yanno why I got a big rifle and a pistol added to my 22 single shot? Because I didn't threaten anyone or shoot anything not authorized in about 5000 rounds. God knows my sister and two other younger brothers tested that experiment. No it wasn't sad. Their fucking kid is a bully. They already knew he was a bully and they were stupid enough to give their stupid bully kid a loaded pistol to take to school. That isn't "sad" you fucking halfwit...It is outrageous. The father of the kid who will be scarred for life now that had the loaded gun to his head in the hands of the fucking playground bully should go to the house of said fucking stupid family and burn it fucking to the ground.

Sadly it has become an every person for themselves kind of world. People do not care what happens to others anymore if they ever did care at all. :( :( :(

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Of all the asinine things I have read, this is by far the stupidist. WTF were these parents thinking??? What kind of parent 'oks' an ELEVEN year old to bring a fucking gun to school???
Those backwoods freaks need to be behind bars and never allowed to breed again.

Sadly it has become an every person for themselves kind of world. People do not care what happens to others anymore if they ever did care at all. :( :( :(

God bless you always!!!

Holly

You have hit upon one of the problems.

Selfishness. My needs come first, and I can do whatever I like to satiate them. I can hurt or screw anyone.

Poeple USED to care. Not any more. The amoral out to acquire importance at any cost (Charles Manson) used to be few and far between.

No longer.

No it wasn't sad. Their fucking kid is a bully. They already knew he was a bully and they were stupid enough to give their stupid bully kid a loaded pistol to take to school. That isn't "sad" you fucking halfwit...It is outrageous. The father of the kid who will be scarred for life now that had the loaded gun to his head in the hands of the fucking playground bully should go to the house of said fucking stupid family and burn it fucking to the ground.

This is the whole analysis that Sandy Hook is supposed to be bringing up, to wit: interesting what happens psychologically when the gun gets into the hand, isn't it?

Might be doubly interesting if some thought got into your brain before you posted this turd. Let's face it, you don't know jack shit about this kid or what his nature is. And for somebody who claims to be all responsible-up-the-ass about assault, you had no qualms about attacking others you don't know either.

Flaming hypocrite.

In a bizarre irony, this is exactly what some wags on this board (and I'm sure others) have been advocating: "arm the kids, arm the teachers". Yeah, bring loaded firearms into a school to be used by educators (who by definition are educators not gun nuts), with hundreds of kids around. What could go wrong?

Last edited:
No it wasn't sad. Their fucking kid is a bully. They already knew he was a bully and they were stupid enough to give their stupid bully kid a loaded pistol to take to school. That isn't "sad" you fucking halfwit...It is outrageous. The father of the kid who will be scarred for life now that had the loaded gun to his head in the hands of the fucking playground bully should go to the house of said fucking stupid family and burn it fucking to the ground.

This is the whole analysis that Sandy Hook is supposed to be bringing up, to wit: interesting what happens psychologically when the gun gets into the hand, isn't it?

Might be doubly interesting if some thought got into your brain before you posted this turd. Let's face it, you don't know jack shit about this kid or what his nature is. And for somebody who claims to be all responsible-up-the-ass about assault, you had no qualms about attacking others you don't know either.

Flaming hypocrite.

In a bizarre irony, this is exactly what some wags on this board (and I'm sure others) have been advocating: "arm the kids, arm the teachers". Yeah, bring loaded firearms into a school to be used by educators (who by definition are educators not gun nuts), with hundreds of kids around. What could go wrong?

I agree. I don't know the kid or the family. I'm just me...thinkin.. my kid is the one in that playground that just got threatened by a loaded gun from a kid that got the gun..not "stole" the gun...or "found" the gun... no..this gun was GIVEN to the kid by his parents to take to school where he immediately abused the possession of this gun by pointing it to the head of my kid with the verbal threat "I will kill you". OK NOW that I am calmer about the whole thing...I will only go to the gas station and fill up 4.. 5 gallon gas cans and take them to the house of this family. I will attach a stick explosive to each can at each wall of the house very quitely. Each can has a radio operated trigger to blasting caps. Now I'll knock on the door and have a talk with the mommy and daddy as to what the fuck they were thinking leading to their kid threatening my kid with a loaded pistol in the school playground. If they are not at my feet sobbing about how they were as dumb as dirt and so ..so..absolutely sorry and contrite.... I will walk away and out on the road detonate said cans of gas with no remorse knowing I have just made the world a better place.

I hope THAT clears it up for you.

It's sad that a child feels that the adults will be unable to protect them and they are responsible for their own safety.

Flaming hypocrite.

I agree. I don't know the kid or the family. I'm just me...thinkin.. my kid is the one in that playground that just got threatened by a loaded gun from a kid that got the gun..not "stole" the gun...or "found" the gun... no..this gun was GIVEN to the kid by his parents to take to school where he immediately abused the possession of this gun by pointing it to the head of my kid with the verbal threat "I will kill you". OK NOW that I am calmer about the whole thing...I will only go to the gas station and fill up 4.. 5 gallon gas cans and take them to the house of this family. I will attach a stick explosive to each can at each wall of the house very quitely. Each can has a radio operated trigger to blasting caps. Now I'll knock on the door and have a talk with the mommy and daddy as to what the fuck they were thinking leading to their kid threatening my kid with a loaded pistol in the school playground. If they are not at my feet sobbing about how they were as dumb as dirt and so ..so..absolutely sorry and contrite.... I will walk away and out on the road detonate said cans of gas with no remorse knowing I have just made the world a better place.

I hope THAT clears it up for you.

If I had one wish, it would be that democrats made this a daily practice. The boil of liberalism needs to be popped and the pus drained out.

It's sad that a child feels that the adults will be unable to protect them and they are responsible for their own safety.
To me what is worse is that there may very well be teachers out there who flat out won't protect their students because they will only be thinking of themselves and the family that they want to be able to make it home to. :( :( :(

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back