11 myths of iraqi war

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Articles/11Myths.htm

With this in mind, we present (and hopefully discredit) the 11 biggest myths of Iraq:

Americans have killed 100,000 Iraqi Civilians

Insurgents only want an end to the “Occupation”

Fighting Terrorism Simply Creates More Terrorists.

The War was About Oil

The War is based on a lie. Bush Lied about WMD’s

The Insurgents are Freedom Fighters, in the Spirit of 1776

500,000 Iraqi Children Perished under American-supported UN Sanctions

Iraq is a Winner for U.S. Democrats

“They” are Insurgents, not Terrorists

Anti-War Activists are truly Motivated by the Human Cost of War

Iraq is a Disaster

Fighting Terrorism Simply Creates More Terrorists.

This one drives me up the wall. Paralyze ourselves in fear of what might happen.

I'd just as soon wannabe terrorists come out of the closet so we can see them (easier to aim in that way!).

SpidermanTuba said:
How many have died as a result of U.S. action?

How many iraqi conscripts did we kill?

Troops Total 161,500, including 138,500 from the US, 8,000 from the UK, and 15,000 from all other nations (other than Iraq)

US Troop Casualities 1,869 US troops; 98% male. 90% non-officers; 76% active duty, 14% National Guard; 73% white, 11% African-American, 11% Latino. 35% killed by unidentified causes; 19% killed by non-hostile causes.

Non-US Troop Casualties Total 194, with 93 from the UK.

US Troops Wounded 14,021

Iraqi Military and Police Casualties 2,945

Iraqi Civilians Killed, Estimated 32,300 to 65,800

Iraqi Insurgents Killed, Estimated 45,470

Non-Iraqi Contractors Killed 300

Non-Iraqi Kidnapped 228, including 41 killed, 113 released, 3 escaped, 3 rescued and 68 status unknown.

US Military Helicopters Downed in Iraq 39

Estimated insurgents, June 2003 5,000

Estimated insurgents, July 2005 20,000, including 1,000 foreign nationals

Daily insurgent attacks, Feb 2004 14

Daily insurgent attacks, July 2005 70

Trained Iraqi Troops Needed by July 2006 272,600

Trained Iraqi Troops, Per the Pentagon 179,900

Trained Iraqi Troops, Per General Richard Meyers in March 2005 40,000

http://usliberals.about.com/od/homelandsecurit1/a/IraqNumbers.htm

more stats
http://icasualties.org/oif/default.aspx

SpidermanTuba said:

Damned if any of us know, but since Lancet started with the parameters of anywhere between under 8k to 100k, with the caveat of working on the high end, for no reason whatsoever, why don't we throw it back to them, for hard numbers?

SpidermanTuba said:
Fear of what might happen is why we invaded Iraq in the first place, isn't it?

Aren't you paying attention? It was for the oil .....

My point apparently zoomed over your head. Invading is ACTING, not sitting doing nothing in fear of the consequences for one's actions.

SpidermanTuba said:

i don't care....if they had not invaded kuwait then violated the cease fire they would all be alive.

Seems the 'brilliant' mr tuba has vacated for the time being... :smoke:

Kathianne said:
Damned if any of us know, but since Lancet started with the parameters of anywhere between under 8k to 100k, with the caveat of working on the high end, for no reason whatsoever, why don't we throw it back to them, for hard numbers?

:beer:

76% active duty, 14% National Guard; 73% white, 11% African-American, 11% Latino.

Wait a second....I thought that Bush went to Iraq as another way to kill poor black people who joined the Guard because it was the only way in our racist society for them to get college money!!! How is it possible that the people who make up the majority of the US casualties were active-duty white guys?!?!

Gem said:
Wait a second....I thought that Bush went to Iraq as another way to kill poor black people who joined the Guard because it was the only way in our racist society for them to get college money!!! How is it possible that the people who make up the majority of the US casualties were active-duty white guys?!?!

They use any excuse to make into one of those "woe is me" bullshit arguements. Face it black people, there ain't racism around like there was in the old days so stop trying to pull that shit. I'm almost 100% positive he got that info. from a Jesse Jackson speech at some Cindy Sheehan rally. SSDD, same shit, different day...

I'm gonna agree witht the leftie here. Did you guys know that as a DIRECT RESULT of American actions, young men who probably wanted nothing to do with an evil dictator, who were just conscripted, were killed senslessly. Oh sure, no doubt the chickenhawks will say a bunch of crap like "It was necessary to end the facist regime" and blah blah blah. The point is that those innocent men whose only crime was to be drafted by a tyrant were killed by us. And the big thing is we weren't even attacked by this tyrant. We were attacked by someone else.

Are you hearing me, Roosevelt? Because of you, you slimeball, a whole bunch of Wermacht conscripts died needlessly for your war of imperial aggression. Did you get Tojo mixed up with Hitler on accident? BS. Roosevelt and his cronies are nothing but tools. That Neocon Churchill says "jump" and they all say "how high".

/spit

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
theim said:
I'm gonna agree witht the leftie here. Did you guys know that as a DIRECT RESULT of American actions, young men who probably wanted nothing to do with an evil dictator, who were just conscripted, were killed senslessly. Oh sure, no doubt the chickenhawks will say a bunch of crap like "It was necessary to end the facist regime" and blah blah blah. The point is that those innocent men whose only crime was to be drafted by a tyrant were killed by us. And the big thing is we weren't even attacked by this tyrant. We were attacked by someone else.

Are you hearing me, Roosevelt? Because of you, you slimeball, a whole bunch of Wermacht conscripts died needlessly for your war of imperial aggression. Did you get Tojo mixed up with Hitler on accident? BS. Roosevelt and his cronies are nothing but tools. That Neocon Churchill says "jump" and they all say "how high".

/spit

could not have these poor iraqi conscripts put down their arms and wlak away.....did not iraq invade kuwait?....is not kuwait a US ally? did not iraq violate the terms of the truce and 18 UN resolutions?

why is it that the left seems to confuse the two?

as you say japan bombed pearl harbour yet the us invaded germany and italy.

who's side was spain on?

theim said:

/spit

Wow, defending the enemy, that's great. You know why we killed these innocent men who were forced into the regime, because they were trying to kill us. They shot at us, we shot the hell back, that's usually what war has you do.

USMCDevilDog said:
Wow, defending the enemy, that's great. You know why we killed these innocent men who were forced into the regime, because they were trying to kill us. They shot at us, we shot the hell back, that's usually what war has you do.

Sarcasm, friend, sarcasm. It's quite sad that defending the Nazis doesn't clue people off to to this, but considering some of the garbage I hear, not unsurprising.

New Topics

Forum List

Back