11 month old baby dies from pot overdose

It's just common sense. How do you think inhaling smoke affects your body? Do you think it has no effect on your body? Nonsense.
Well I am an adult so I am going to make decisions for myself based upon my life experiences my knowledge base and my Rights to "Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness"
smiley-smoking-bong.gif
.... Nanny Government can just leave me alone por Favor ... Get Off My Lawn
smiley-smoking-bong.gif
Funny Uncle Sam
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless your own reason and your own common sense agree."
Gautama Buddha

A local Colorado NBC-affiliated news station recently ran a misleading story with the headline, “Colorado doctors claim first marijuana overdose death.” In reality, experts have drawn no scientific link or otherwise solid correlation between cannabis and the death in question.

The story is based on a recent case report on the death of an 11-month-old who experienced a seizure and myocarditis, or inflammation of the heart muscle. While the baby was exposed to cannabis prior to death, and had "cannabis toxicity," according to the case study, there is no further connection—no cause-and-effect scenario—to speak of. The researchers said they found no other cause for the death, and recommend further investigation.

Noah Kaufman, a Northern Colorado emergency room physician, told the Washington Post that the claims of death due to marijuana overdose are "not based on reality. It’s based on somebody kind of jumping the gun and making a conclusion, and scientifically you can’t do that.”

There are way too many holes in that story to conclude anything. The kid and his parents were living in a motel, he had THC in his system. What about other drugs? If the parents are stupid enough to give a baby marijuana in any form, what else did they give the kid? There are no known marijuana OD cases that I'm aware of. But it is common sense that you don't give a baby anything as powerful as pot. Babies have been known to have weak hearts without the presence of THC.

It's just common sense. How do you think inhaling smoke affects your body? Do you think it has no effect on your body? Nonsense.
Well I am an adult so I am going to make decisions for myself based upon my life experiences my knowledge base and my Rights to "Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness"
smiley-smoking-bong.gif
.... Nanny Government can just leave me alone por Favor ... Get Off My Lawn
smiley-smoking-bong.gif
Funny Uncle Sam
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless your own reason and your own common sense agree."
Gautama Buddha

Who cares about you? Do whatever you want, dopey. :D

Who cares about you? Do whatever you want, dopey. :D
apparently you do Bitch because you responded Duh asshole LOl you are like the Red Neck Bitch Jeffry Sessions ..oh have I said Fuck off:finger3: LOL

I think the dope has gone to your brain, dopey. :D I never told you what to do. I am stating the facts. Inhaling smoke of any kind is unhealthy. If you want to be unhealthy, I couldn't care less. When you blow that shit into a sick baby's face, then there is a problem.

I think the dope has gone to your brain, dopey. :D I never told you what to do. I am stating the facts. Inhaling smoke of any kind is unhealthy. If you want to be unhealthy, I couldn't care less. When you blow that shit into a sick baby's face, then there is a problem.
Derp...

you are full of shit plus you are a Right wing Nut which automatically means you are stupid... thick concrete chunk stupid ... I do not blow smoke in anyone;'s face but you try to blow smoke up people s asses about marijuana ...face it you are stupid and uninformed ...try to learn something instead of acting like a Right wing douche
Abstract
As cannabis use increases, physicians need to be familiar with the effects of both cannabis and tobacco on the lungs. However, there have been very few long-term studies of cannabis smoking, mostly due to legality issues and the confounding effects of tobacco. It was previously thought that cannabis and tobacco had similar long-term effects as both cause chronic bronchitis. However, recent large studies have shown that, instead of reducing forced expiratory volume in 1 s and forced vital capacity (FVC), marijuana smoking is associated with increased FVC. The cause of this is unclear, but acute bronchodilator and anti-inflammatory effects of cannabis may be relevant. Bullous lung disease, barotrauma and cannabis smoking have been recognised in case reports and small series. More work is needed to address the effects of cannabis on lung function, imaging and histological changes.

Effect of cannabis smoking on lung function and respiratory symptoms: a structured literature review

Derp...

you are full of shit plus you are a Right wing Nut which automatically means you are stupid... thick concrete chunk stupid ... I do not blow smoke in anyone;'s face but you try to blow smoke up people s asses about marijuana ...face it you are stupid and uninformed ...try to learn something instead of acting like a Right wing douche
Abstract
As cannabis use increases, physicians need to be familiar with the effects of both cannabis and tobacco on the lungs. However, there have been very few long-term studies of cannabis smoking, mostly due to legality issues and the confounding effects of tobacco. It was previously thought that cannabis and tobacco had similar long-term effects as both cause chronic bronchitis. However, recent large studies have shown that, instead of reducing forced expiratory volume in 1 s and forced vital capacity (FVC), marijuana smoking is associated with increased FVC. The cause of this is unclear, but acute bronchodilator and anti-inflammatory effects of cannabis may be relevant. Bullous lung disease, barotrauma and cannabis smoking have been recognised in case reports and small series. More work is needed to address the effects of cannabis on lung function, imaging and histological changes.

Effect of cannabis smoking on lung function and respiratory symptoms: a structured literature review

First of all, I am not anti marijuana. I think it should be entirely legal for ADULTS who will be responsible and keep it away from their kids.

ANY smoke is bad for your lungs and your heart. If you want to delude yourself into believing otherwise, then go ahead. It's not surprising because you are a dope.

And that is ESPECIALLY true for a small baby who has small lungs that are still developing. Who would have thought that this stuff isn't just common sense for some. People are so much more stupid than I ever knew.

Here are some Fucking Facts about Pot known since 1973...Grow up
1973 Richard Nixon - Shafer Commission Report on Marijuana | State ...
in 1972, the National Commission on Marijuana and Drug Abuse presented a report to congress an the public entitled "Marihuana, A Signal of Misunderstanding". The report favored legalizing marijuana and adopting other methods to discourage it. The commission concluded that "Looking only at the effects on the individual, there, is little proven danger of physical or psychological harm from the experimental or intermittent use of the natural preparations of cannabis." The commission recommended the decriminalization of simple possession, suggesting that the "actual and potential harm of use of the drug is not great enough to justify intrusion by the criminal law into private behavior".

And that is ESPECIALLY true for a small baby who has small lungs that are still developing. Who would have thought that this stuff isn't just common sense for some. People are so much more stupid than I ever knew.
You are stupid ...no one is arguing for a pot smoking baby.. and I certainly have made plain that it would be irresponsible and criminal to do that to a baby ..you want to beat up a straw man ... I want to be left alone to smoke pot and grow it without Nanny Government getting into my business

You are stupid ...no one is arguing for a pot smoking baby.. and I certainly have made plain that it would be irresponsible and criminal to do that to a baby ..you want to beat up a straw man ... I want to be left alone to smoke pot and grow it without Nanny Government getting into my business

Writing earlier this year in the scientific journal Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics, Italian researchers reiterated, “(C)annabinoids have displayed a great potency in reducing glioma tumor growth. (They) appear to be selective antitumoral agents as they kill glioma cells without affecting the viability of nontransformed counterparts.” Not one mainstream media outlet reported their findings. Perhaps now they’ll pay better attention.
What Your Government Knows About Cannabis And Cancer -- And Isn't Telling You | HuffPost

Not familiar with this scientific research? Your government is.

In fact, the first experiment documenting pot’s potent anti-cancer effects took place in 1974 at the Medical College of Virginia at the behest federal bureaucrats. The results of that study, reported in an Aug. 18, 1974, Washington Post newspaper feature, were that marijuana’s primary psychoactive component, THC, “slowed the growth of lung cancers, breast cancers and a virus-induced leukemia in laboratory mice, and prolonged their lives by as much as 36 percent.”

Despite these favorable preliminary findings (eventually published the following year in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute), U.S. government officials refused to authorize any follow-up research until conducting a similar — though secret — preclinical trial in the mid-1990s. That study, conducted by the U.S. National Toxicology Program to the tune of $2 million, concluded that mice and rats administered high doses of THC over long periods had greater protection against malignant tumors than untreated controls.

Forum List

Back