11 Egyptian Student On Visas Are No Shows, Gov't Looking For Them

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Of course, they are no threat. :rolleyes: And the Seattle shooter was just 'crazy.' I guess an improvement over 9/10/01, but considering the likelihood of the US finding illegals-until after they commit a crime, not so much:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/07/national/printable1873057.shtml
FBI Searching For 11 Egyptian Students
WASHINGTON, Aug. 7, 2006 (AP) Eleven Egyptian students who arrived in the United States last month are being sought by authorities after failing to turn up for an exchange program at Montana State University.

The Egyptian men were among a group of 17 students who arrived at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York from Cairo on July 29 with valid visas, according to U.S. authorities and university officials.

The other six have arrived at the Bozeman, Mont., campus for a monthlong program on English language instruction and U.S. history and culture, university spokeswoman Cathy Conover said.

When the 11 didn't turn up by the end of the last week, the FBI issued a lookout to state and local law enforcement, said FBI Special Agent Richard Kolko.

"At this point all they have done is not show up for a scheduled academic program," Kolko said. "There is no threat associated with these men."

They are between 18 and 22 years old, said a law enforcement official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the search for the men is continuing.

U.S. Immigration and Custom Enforcement declined to make their names public.

The government probably will seek to send the students home once they are located because they have violated the terms of their visas, the official said.

The government tightened the student visa process after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks when it learned that four of the hijackers entered the country on foreign student visas.

The school has tried repeatedly to contact the students, Conover said, including sending e-mails. When that failed, the school notified Homeland Security officials and registered the Egyptians as "no-shows" in the system developed after Sept. 11 to track foreign students, Conover said.

They were participating in an exchange program Montana State arranged with Mansoura University in Mansoura, Egypt.

"We hope this doesn't cast doubt on this program because we think it's important to have international students on our campus and in our community," Conover said.

Could this have any connection to the August 22 light up the sky announcement?

I'm glad I'm not the only one concerned with that. I hope it's just blowing smoke, but I now believe what they say...:smoke:

This news does make it a bit more plausible, doesn't it.

In line with. Personally Hizbollah has enough cells, years in the making to make it possible.

I think they mean Israel, but I could be wrong. Then again, could just be smoke.

Right, but who's to say that there won't be any more "bi-polar" terrorists who want to join in the big celebration in order to enter Paradise? Anywhere in the western world for that matter.

Homeland Security!? :sleepy1:

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has frustrated Western officials by refusing to reply to their offer of various incentives in exchange for Iran’s discarding its nuclear program until August 22. The Western governments had asked Ahmadinejad to reply by June 29; why would Tehran need two extra months?

Farid Ghadry, the president of the Reform Party of Syria, has offered a provocative explanation for this delay. He asserts that the Supreme National Security Council of Iran chose the August 22 date “for a very precise reason. August 21, 2006 (Rajab 27, 1427) is known in the Islamic calendar as the Night of the Sira’a and Miira’aj, the night Prophet Mohammed (saas) ascended to heaven from the Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem on a Bourak (Half animal, half man), while a great light lit-up the night sky, and visited Heaven and Hell also Beit al-Saada and Beit al-Shaqaa (House of Happiness and House of Misery) and then descended back to Mecca.…”

The Night Journey, or Miraj, is central to Islam’s claim to Jerusalem as an Islamic holy city. According to Islamic tradition, Muhammad was carried on a Buraq, a miraculous horse with a human head, from Mecca to Jerusalem, where he ascended into heaven and met the other prophets. The only thing the Qur’an has to say about it is this: “Glory to (Allah) Who did take His servant for a Journey by night from the Sacred Mosque to the farthest Mosque, whose precincts We did bless, in order that We might show him some of Our Signs: for He is the One Who heareth and seeth (all things)” (17:1). There is no identification of the “farthest Mosque” with any mosque in Jerusalem in this, but the Hadith is very clear on the identification of its location with Jerusalem.

The traditions say that Muhammad and the Buraq, along with the angel Gabriel, went to the Temple Mount, and from there to heaven itself, where Muhammad encountered various prophets. In the sixth heaven was Moses, occasioning a dig at the Jews. “When I left him,” Muhammad says, “he wept. Someone asked him, ‘What makes you weep?’ Moses said, ‘I weep because after me there has been sent (Muhammad as a Prophet) a young man, whose followers will enter Paradise in greater numbers than my followers.’”

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=23533

Wonderful....

I love how they won't release their names and pictures.

This is why you need to depend on yourself more than your government to protect you. I am not saying take the law into your own hands, but I am saying don't wait, or bank on the laws to protect you. Bad guys, don't care about laws they have no intention of obeying. ((in this case,, I don't think it is good these fellows didn't show up for class, but, they might be lost on 42 Street checking out the hookers, getting laid, who knows.. More fun than studying English))

As we allow more of our rights to be taken away,, under the guise of protecting us from the bad guys, we are more exposed, and more vulnerable to those same bad guys the gov. wants to protect us from...

Now,, since the goverment sees fit to take sides in the Middle East,,,, we will probably suffer another loss. It sucks that innocent people have to get hurt cause of people at the top being greedy/storebaught.

they might be lost on 42 Street checking out the hookers, getting laid, who knows.. More fun than studying English))
Hookers are readily available in the middle east, they don't need to come all the way here to get that.

I'm concerned. I hope you folks all are too?..Eightballsidepocket :salute:
http://www.kltv.com/global/story.asp?s=5254666
HTML:
8/8/06-[B]FBI Alert
FBI Alert: 11 Egyptians Missing From Montana

The FBI has issued an urgent nationwide alert for 11 Egyptian students who entered the United States last week but failed to show up for their courses at Montana State University. 
An FBI advisory says there are, at present, no known connections to any terrorist group but that the students are to be "approached with caution" and taken into custody.  They "are here illegally and wanted for questioning," the advisory says.

The advisory comes just over a month before the five-year anniversary of the September 11 terror attacks on the United States. 

"This is of very serious concern and is being closely tracked," said Rep. Peter King (R-NY), Chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee.

The FBI says the Egyptians arrived at John F. Kennedy Airport in New York on July 29 and disappeared. The advisory says the alert is nationwide but that there is specific concern the Egyptians may be on the Eastern Seaboard.

According to the advisory the 11 missing Egyptians are:  

1. Ibrahim, El Sayed Ahmed Elsayed; DOB OF 4/29/1986.
2. El Dessouki, Eslam Ibrahim Mohamed; DOB OF 02/21/1985.
3. El Bahnasawi, Alaa Abd El Fattah Ali; DOB OF 04/02/1986. 
4. Abd Alla, Mohamed Ragab Mohamed; DOB OF 02/15/1984. 
5. El Laket, Ahmed Refaat Saad El Moghazi; DOB OF 09/01/1986. 
6. El Ela, Ahmed Mohamed Mohamed Abou; DOB OF 02/02/1985. 
7. El Moghazy, Mohamed Ibrahim Elsayed; DOB OF 08/08/1986. 
8. Abdou, Ebrahim Mabrouk Moustafa; DOB OF 02/25/1984.
9. El Gafary, Moustafa Wagdy Moustafa; DOB OF 07/01/1988. 
10.Maray, Mohamed Saleh Ahmed; DOB OF 09/12/1985.
11.El Shenawy, Mohamed Ibrahim Fouaad; DOB OF 08/12/1988.

Well at least they released the names. Don't think that will help much, pictures would be nice....

Update!

One of the missing Egyptians has been apprehended in Minnesota(That's not Montana, where they were supposed to end up for their education.), and is being held and questioned by the FBI.

Update!

One of the missing Egyptians has been apprehended in Minnesota(That's not Montana, where they were supposed to end up for their education.), and is being held and questioned by the FBI.

Excellent! Better than Michigan, Detroit is a capital of extremism.

Here's a bit of a story:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/09/egyptian.students/

Egyptian student in custody; 10 remain missing
The group of 11 didn't show up at school

From Kevin Bohn and Jeanne Meserve
CNN Washington Bureau

Wednesday, August 9, 2006; Posted: 1:50 p.m. EDT (17:50 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- One of the 11 Egyptian students who failed to show up at a Montana university last month was taken into custody Wednesday.

The student was apprehended about 11 a.m. (noon ET) in Minneapolis, Minnesota, a federal law enforcement official told CNN.

The official refused to provide the identity of the student or why the student was in Minnesota.

Agents from the FBI and Immigration and Customs Enforcement were questioning the student.

The search continues for the 10 remaining Egyptian students, authorities said.

The FBI on Saturday issued a nationwide alert to law enforcement agencies. Included were the students' names, ages, passport numbers and photographs.

"At the present time there are no known associations to any terrorist groups. Approach with caution," the lookout bulletin states. (Watch Homeland Security work on the mystery -- 2:22)

FBI and immigration officials confirmed there's no evidence pointing to criminal activity or a terrorist threat. However, The Associated Press quoted a law enforcement official as saying that the students could be sent home when found because they violated the terms of their visas.

They were part of an all-male group of 17 students that landed July 29 at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport. Six of them arrived later at Montana State University as part of an exchange program; the other 11 did not, prompting school officials to contact the government.

A source with knowledge of the investigation said the men, who range in age from 17 to 22, may be staying in New York, visiting relatives and trying to find jobs.

"We have run their names through the wringer," one Department of Homeland Security official said.

U.S. authorities are working with foreign intelligence agencies to make sure there is nothing suspicious in the students' backgrounds, federal sources said. Those sources added that 20 students applied for student visas to go to Montana State, but three of the applicants were denied.

"We do want to talk to them. But at this point there's no reason to believe they pose any criminal or terrorist threat," said Assistant Homeland Security Secretary Julie Myers, who heads Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

The students were identified as:

• El Sayed Ahmed Elsayed Ibrahim, 20

• Eslam Ibrahim Mohamed El Dessouki, 21

• Alaa Abd El Fattah Ali El Bahnasawi, 20

• Mohamed Ragab Mohamed Abd Alla, 22

• Ahmed Refaat Saad El Moghazi El Laket, 19

• Ahmed Mohamed Mohamed Abou El Ela, 21

• Mohamed Ibrahim Elsayed El Moghazy, 20

• Ebrahim Mabrouk Moustafa Abdou, 22

• Moustafa Wagdy Moustafa El Gafary, 18

• Mohamed Saleh Ahmed Maray, 20

• Mohamed Ibrahim Fouaad El Shenawy, 17

The government should assume that all are terrorists and put out a manhunt for them. And in that area of the country, just about everyone's armed, so chances are they'd be found dead in about 2 days.

The government should assume that all are terrorists and put out a manhunt for them. And in that area of the country, just about everyone's armed, so chances are they'd be found dead in about 2 days.

They went missing from NYC, not Montana.

Forum List

Back