$11.53 Million for One Putt!

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
trophies.jpg

An amount almost beyond belief. On a day when Gold Legend Arnie Palmier died, the 27 year-old guy from Northern Ireland sinks one putt to rake in one more than most of us will make in a lifetime. Arnie's first purse was $2,400 and he eaned a lifetime of $1,8 million in purses and another $30 million off course. So, in one tournament, McIlroy gained nearly 10 times more than one great golfer won in a lifetime. Amazing.

The video of the shot that got him into the playoff, along with the story is @ McIlroy wins TOUR Championship and FedExCup

I don't understand.

Don't understand what?
Why does someone give him that money?

Golf has finally established a playoff system to determine the world's best golfer. They start with a couple of hundred of the best and reduce them to a final 30 who play for two championships at the same time.

One can win the final tournament but not the overall one, In this case, McIlroy won both!

The money comes from several sources who gain a great deal of advertising at a selected audience.

Don't you think it required more effort than the making of one putt?

Of course it did! He's spent a lifetime practicing and honing his skills, along with hours building his body to be able to deal with the physical requirements of the sport.

I know it may be difficult, but I was trying to be tongue-in-cheek about an awesome achievement. Heck, he never actually led the tournament and came from behind to tie for the lead. He earned his reward. I just wonder how much of it the tax collector is going to get.

trophies.jpg

An amount almost beyond belief. On a day when Gold Legend Arnie Palmier died, the 27 year-old guy from Northern Ireland sinks one putt to rake in one more than most of us will make in a lifetime. Arnie's first purse was $2,400 and he eaned a lifetime of $1,8 million in purses and another $30 million off course. So, in one tournament, McIlroy gained nearly 10 times more than one great golfer won in a lifetime. Amazing.

The video of the shot that got him into the playoff, along with the story is @ McIlroy wins TOUR Championship and FedExCup
No. $11.53 million for a lifetime of dedication, practice, and hard work, that allowed him to sink that putt.

And the money from a whole buttload of people who must really love golf.

Of course it did! He's spent a lifetime practicing and honing his skills, along with hours building his body to be able to deal with the physical requirements of the sport.

I know it may be difficult, but I was trying to be tongue-in-cheek about an awesome achievement. Heck, he never actually led the tournament and came from behind to tie for the lead. He earned his reward. I just wonder how much of it the tax collector is going to get.
Okay.

The top tax bracket is 39.6% for income over $413,201 for single filers. So, Uncle will probably take at least that much. I do not know how Rory being a foreigner affects the tax.

Okay.

The top tax bracket is 39.6% for income over $413,201 for single filers. So, Uncle will probably take at least that much. I do not know how Rory being a foreigner affects the tax.

I'll bet the government of Northern Ireland will go after a whole lot.

trophies.jpg

No. $11.53 million for a lifetime of dedication, practice, and hard work, that allowed him to sink that putt.

Unlike a lot of sports, golf can be played by everyone and at most age levels. That's why it's so popular
I'm 66 and have a 8.5 handicap. If I played basketball, soccer, or flag football I would probably have a heart attack.

trophies.jpg

Unlike a lot of sports, golf can be played by everyone and at most age levels. That's why it's so popular
I'm 66 and have a 8.5 handicap. If I played basketball, soccer, or flag football I would probably have a heart attack.
Nah you could still ball if you wanted to:

trophies.jpg

Dang, that guy is good.
I was disappointed in the ending though. I thought he was really that old
I played up and until I was 50
It kept my weight at 160. Now I'm up to 190

trophies.jpg

Dang, that guy is good.
I was disappointed in the ending though. I thought he was really that old
I played up and until I was 50
It kept my weight at 160. Now I'm up to 190

Fatass :laugh:

JK

Forum List

Back