11/22/63

I don't know if I will pick this one up or not..let us know what you think when you are a good halfway into it.
It's reviews are 4-5 stars, but then all of his books are reviewed well - and that is not always the case. This is a new path for him...I am curious to see if he has done it well or sort of a "coke" moment.

This is the Stephen King book about time traveler who goes back to that date, to try and prevent JFK's assassination right?

• Banned
I don't know if I will pick this one up or not..let us know what you think when you are a good halfway into it.
It's reviews are 4-5 stars, but then all of his books are reviewed well - and that is not always the case. This is a new path for him...I am curious to see if he has done it well or sort of a "coke" moment.

Oh, I will. I foresee a lot of reading in my holiday weekend future.

If you could go back in time why save Kennedy? John Lennon would be far more worthwhile.

Of course had he lived we could have all delighted in the never ending saga of sex scandals that were coming.

Kennedy would have changed the course of the nation. Lennon was a songwriter.

Pretty much what I was thinking. Except, I'm not sure you're giving Lennon as much credit as he probably deserved, for being influential in areas far beyond that of the music industry.

I think Lennon had far more effect on people than Kennedy. I know the he would have changed the nation line is the mantra of his supporters just as his detractors say wiuth time his presidency would have been devoured by scandal. We'll never know I guess but he was in office for three years and didnt really change the world during that time.

As for dismissing Lennon as a songwriter -- fair enough. And Kennedy was merely a politician which isnt saying much at all. I guess his influence is still felt when you read about Anthony Weiner - must give credit where credit is due.

One other point - for all the angst over his assassination when all those who were alive for the event are gone and time has passed the lense of history will place that event right up there with the killings of McKinley and Garfiled (most people cant even name thses two when asked).

Forum List

Back