109 Locations whence Jews have been Expelled since AD 250

Sunni, if you truly wanted to learn about Judaism, I would be more than happy to recommend a Rabbi to give you Torah lessons. You'd have to learn Hebrew, though.
Around 15 years ago I was extremely intersted in learning about the Old Testament (Tanack) and specifically the Torah from a Jewish pespective. This was because I had come to the conclusion that Jesus was NOT divine or the Son of G-d. He was just a Rabbi who was Torah teacher and still believed in the 613 Mitzvahs. But the apostle Paul had hijacked Jesus's teachings and started a cult known as Christianity.

In my search for the truth, I learned the Hebrew alif-beit. Went to a couple of Synagouges for service. Participated in Passover Seder's and all of the major Jewish holidays.

I had come from a strong Christian background. So it was a unique experiance and I learned alot about the Jewish people and Judiasm. Plus it helped me get a better perspective on Christian teachings and doctrine.

Sunni Man, if you're quoting from a source, please link to that source. Board rules, you know, plus basic repsect for the work of others.

It makes a person wonder.

What makes everyone want to kick the Jews out of their country?

I'm not certain, but my guess is that they so maintained their ethnic identity that they were perpetually "other," and so attracted the derision that noticeably different minority groups often do in human societies. Of course, even societies that show a great deal of rancor over things like that have not always entirely cast out such groups, but in the cases where they didn't, the group was generally relegated to the societies' lower classes. The Jews, though, had a reputation for being middle-class, which I think just didn't compute in many societies: groups of "other" should not be getting that much of the pie.

That's my underresearched and grossly oversimplified analysis.

One can only conclude that the more Jews a nation has in it, the better off the standard of living.
Is that really true? Have you seen the news today about Wall Street?

You do know the Jews control all of our banks and finiancial institutions?

I predict we will become like 1933 Germany soon in our attitude towards the Jews once the truth of this Wall Street criss becomes known.

Is that really true? Have you seen the news today about Wall Street?

You do know the Jews control all of our banks and finiancial institutions?

I predict we will become like 1933 Germany soon in our attitude towards the Jews once the truth of this Wall Street criss becomes known.

You predict eh? You wish, more like. As for "Jews control all of our banks and financial institutions". Bullshit. You have already been hammered on that one.

You wish for a new Kristallnacht. You wish for a new pogrom. You wish for a new persecution. You wish for new ghettos and stars for the Juden.

I wish you'd fuck off.

But neither your wishes nor my wish are going to happen.

Jews were expelled for a number of reasons:

1: basic scapegoating
Bad harvest?
Your wive gets no kids?
Feeling ugly?
Go expell Jews! Even if it will do absolutely nothing for your own good, you will be able to seize juicy property!

2: Avenge Christus!
Seriously, Jews were seen as the betrayers and slayers of christus by the common population, an attitude that persisted until the Holocaust.
For some reason, the fact that Jesus was a Jew did not bother Anti Judaic Mobs in the slightest.

3: Credits
In the older times, Jews were the only ones who were able to lend money.
Since most cities had laws that prohibited Jews from entering Guilds etc. they did not have a lot of other choices anyway.
While one could assume that, in a perfect world, the local lords would protect someone who gave them their credits, it was the other way round. No Jew -> no Credit obligation.
The only other money lenders were knightly orders like the Knights Templar or the Teutonic Knights. They were less popular for several reasons:
A) One actually had to pay them back
B) Unless one is the King of France and willing to participate in a major conspiracy, or the King of Poland and willing to commit to some 80 years of warfare, getting rid of them was not possible.
C) They were rarer than jews.

4: For the sake of peace:
There was a case in the Hanse were, as a Progrom was clearly brewing, the Jews were expelled before things would turn really ugly.

Countries that were relativly tolerant towards Jews:
Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth
Ottoman Empire
Hungary
To an extent some Hanse members
Republic of Novgorod (until it became a Vasall of Muscovy)

Most hostile country:
Propably Spain, the conquest of Grenada led to a mass exodus towards the Ottoman Empire, which welcomed the influx of educated citizens with open arms. Converted Jews were prosecuted too.

Forum List

Back