108-3 girl's basketball raises eyebrows

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
It's been called unsportsmanlike. It's been called ugly. The question now is whether Christian Heritage (Utah) High, which routed West Ridge (Utah) Academy, 108-3, in a girls basketball game last week, actually did anything wrong by blowing out an overwhelmed opponent.......

"I don’t know why the score was that high, or what the point was," Jamie Keefer, West Ridge’s athletic director and a coach for the girls’ team, told the Salt Lake Tribune. "I don’t think it would’ve happened that way if it were the other way around."...

"I have been on the other side of this equation," McGill told ABC 4. "It was very insulting when teams slowed the ball down and just passed it around. That's why I'd rather have a team play me straight up, and that's why I played them straight up. Because I didn't want to taunt them, I didn't want to embarrass them, I didn't want them to think we could do whatever we want."

108-3 girls basketball rout raises questions - Prep Rally - High School - Yahoo! Sports

hello?

Why. The winning team's coach knew early on what was happening; good sportsmanship and common sense suggests you bench the starters and usual subs and play the rest. Good for your team, their team and the game itself.

They lost, deal with it. They got beat (and badly) deal with it.

Part of playing the game is winning and losing, and dealing with the outcome.

Why. The winning team's coach knew early on what was happening; good sportsmanship and common sense suggests you bench the starters and usual subs and play the rest. Good for your team, their team and the game itself.

According to the article, the winning team had only 9 people, total, on their varsity and junior varsity squad....combined.

I think the other team just really, really, really, really sucked.

According to the article, the winning team had only 9 people, total, on their varsity and junior varsity squad....combined.

I think the other team just really, really, really, really sucked.
Kinda what my question of "3 points?" was getting at.

If I lost a game 108-3 I'd prolly shut the fuck up and hope nobody else hears about it.

The first football game I ever played in high school, we lost 55-0. Five of the team members have become mass murders, four of the team members have become priests and seven of the team members have become politicians. The rest have no known problems associated with the defeat.

The first football game I ever played in high school, we lost 55-0. Five of the team members have become mass murders, four of the team members have become priests and seven of the team members have become politicians. The rest have no known problems associated with the defeat.
dang
when i played football, we never lost that bad
but then, we won the city championship too ;)
and none(that i'm aware of) ever killed anyone
1 i know went on to play minor league baseball

dang
when i played football, we never lost that bad
but then, we won the city championship too ;)
and none(that i'm aware of) ever killed anyone
1 i know went on to play minor league baseball

Who knows, it may not be PC to win anymore. Possibly that it is offensive to the losing team that the opposing wins.

Will winning be the new offensive un PC thing to do now? :eusa_whistle:

So pretty much average for a Chicago High School?

Forum List

Back