101 reasons to support Ron Paul.

dan22

Rookie
Jan 1, 2010
101 reasons to support Ron Paul.
Paul's stance on foreign policy is one of consistent nonintervention which avoids war of aggression and entangling alliances with other nations.

2. Paul advocates bringing troops home from U.S. military bases in Korea, Japan, and Europe, among others.

3. Ron Paul proposes that the U.S. stop sending massive, unaccountable foreign aid.

4. Paul was the only 2008 Republican presidential candidate to have objected to and voted against the Iraq War Resolution and continues to oppose U.S. presence in Iraq, charging the government with using the War on Terror to curtail civil liberties.

5. He believes a just declaration of war after the September 11, 2001, attacks should have been directed against the actual terrorists, Al-Qaeda, rather than against Iraq, which has not been linked to the attacks.

6. In 2003, Paul said that when America seeks war, it must be sought only to protect citizens, it must be declared by the U.S. Congress, and it must be concluded when the victory is complete as previously planned, which would allow all resources to be dedicated to victory.

7. During Israel's 2009 war on the Gaza Strip, Paul addressed Congress to voice his staunch opposition to the House's proposed resolution supporting Israel's actions. He stated: "Madame Speaker, I strongly oppose H. Res. 34, which was rushed to the floor with almost no prior notice and without consideration by the House Foreign Affairs Committee. The resolution clearly takes one side in a conflict that has nothing to do with the United States or US interests. I am concerned that the weapons currently being used by Israel against the Palestinians in Gaza are made in America and paid for by American taxpayers."

8. Paul rejects the "dangerous military confrontation approaching with Iran and supported by many in leadership on both sides of the aisle." He claims the current circumstances with Iran mirror those under which the Iraq War began, and has urged Congress not to authorize war with Iran.

9. In 2000, Paul voted to end trade restrictions on Cuba.

10. Paul advocates withdrawing U.S. participation and funding from organizations he believes override American sovereignty, such as the United Nations, the International Criminal Court, the Law of the Sea Treaty, the WTO, NATO, and the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America.

There is a lot more at Ron Paul

Damn! He would make a fine candidate

If he weren't such a nutjob

Damn! He would make a fine candidate

If he weren't such a nutjob

He's too old to run for President anyway at this point, but why do you feel he is nuts?

Don't ask me..
Ask the truthers, new world order, North American Union, NAFTA Superhighway, anti fed....

While the other stuff is conspiracy, there is a valid argument to be made concerning the power of the Federal Reserve. More than half of the House has cosponsored Paul's bill to have it audited, so it must not be such a nutty idea.

The NAFTA Superhighway by Ron Paul

By now many Texans have heard about the proposed “NAFTA Superhighway,” which is also referred to as the trans-Texas corridor. What you may not know is the extent to which plans for such a superhighway are moving forward without congressional oversight or media attention.

This superhighway would connect Mexico, the United States, and Canada, cutting a wide swath through the middle of Texas and up through Kansas City. Offshoots would connect the main artery to the west coast, Florida, and northeast. Proponents envision a ten-lane colossus the width of several football fields, with freight and rail lines, fiber-optic cable lines, and oil and natural gas pipelines running alongside

Any movement toward a North American Union diminishes the ability of average Americans to influence the laws under which they must live

:cuckoo:

Last edited:
Paul's foreign policy views are enough to make real Republicans say no. We don't need any other reasons.
And guess what, we did. He never ran well in the primaries and remains the marginal crank we all know he is.

His belief in the NAFTA superhighway is no more crazier than Obama's belief in man made climate change.

Paul's foreign policy views are enough to make real Republicans say no. We don't need any other reasons.

And it's that neo-con policy of the Republicans that contributed to them getting their asses kicked out of Congress in '06.

By the way, Ron Paul's son Rand is leading in both the Republican primary and general election in the U.S. Senate race in Kentucky.

Ron Paul Would Spread "The Truth About 9/11" If Only He Had the Time | Indecision Forever | Comedy Central

Interviewer Girl: Why don't you come out about the truth about 9/11?

Ron Paul: Because I can't handle the controversy. I have the IMF, the Federal Reserve to deal with… I just have too many things on my plate. Because, uh, I just have to much to do.

There you go. You heard it right from the congressman himself. He's just got too much on his plate right now. But if he were a little less busy, he'd be out there spreading "the truth about 9/11" alongside the nice people who posted the video.

Whats the matter Ron? You can't tell the truthers they are fucking nuts?

Last edited:

And it's that neo-con policy of the Republicans that contributed to them getting their asses kicked out of Congress in '06.

By the way, Ron Paul's son Rand is leading in both the Republican primary and general election in the U.S. Senate race in Kentucky.

What is a "neo con" policy? I guess Ronald Reagan was a neo con then.
And no, the policy (whatever you are talking about) did not contribute. Feckless spending and an unpopular war did that.
I have not seen Rand Paul's positions but I suspect they are somewhat different from dad's.

Forum List

Back