100-year-old Man Completes Marathon

I wonder if they gave him a medal for it. You're not supposed to get a medal if you go over the time limit. Marathons are six to six and a half hours.

that is so unbelievably awe inspiring. what an incredible achievement. BRAVO!!!

I wonder if they gave him a medal for it. You're not supposed to get a medal if you go over the time limit. Marathons are six to six and a half hours.
He got world press and inspired a lot of people to think about working out a little more. In the long run, that should lengthen lives considerably.

It's true. It happened in Toronto! :)

Are you inspired? He didn't start until he was 89 years old! Whoa!

so it took him 11 years to finish the marathon?

Point well taken. lol. He did some marathon training for 11 years. 26 miles in 8 hours is more than most people could do and still survive. It is highly unusual for 1 100-year old person to even think about doing a marathon when most people cannot walk 10 miles, much less 26.1 miles.

Dude, at 100 years old the man deserves a medal just for finishing and not dropping dead in the process! Most people in their prime can't actually finish a marathon but he did...FANTASTIC!!!

Dude, at 100 years old the man deserves a medal just for finishing and not dropping dead in the process! Most people in their prime can't actually finish a marathon but he did...FANTASTIC!!!

I never said he deserved it or didn't.

Forum List

Back