100 year old driver runs over 11 people - No arrest

But as he injured 11 people, he should have his license taken away, because he if made one mistake that resulted in injury, he could make the same mistake again.

And teenage drivers kill thousands a year an injure many more thousands, do we take their license away?

Yes, they should lose their license until they grow up and become more mature.

who is going to define "mature" two years you got it all figured out.

And that is an accident, not a criminal violation with "intent", which is why he wasn't arrested.

You don't understand the law, peabrain. Drunk drivers and speeders who injure others are prosecuted even though they had no intent to harm others.

Speeding and drunk driving are both acts of identifiable negligence contributing to the accident. What's the negligence contributing to this old guy's accident? Also, drunk driving and speeding past a certain point are both crimes. What crime was this old guy guilty of that contributed to his accident?

If something is simply an accident, there normally isn't an arrest. Besides, if police determine they need to arrest this guy, they can do it later.

The brakes didn't fail, he pressed the accelerator instead of the brakes, obviously. The older you get, the slower your responses. Old people - over the age of 80 - should not have a license. They are dangerous drivers, IMO.
May I assume they've already called you to testify as an expert witness. ?

I have been driving for two years, and in that two years, I have never had an incident with a younger driver, but I have had multiple incidents with the elderly drivers. That is enough for me to steer clear of these terrible drivers.

Hold on just a minute here mabelline!

you have been driving 2 years and have had multiple incidents?

I had 2 accidents both minor benders in 47 years of driving.

And NO moving violations. Not one ticket.
Got the FBI worried about me a few years ago when they were running a security check on me before I did some work for them.

Last edited:
And I think it is safe to say the old guy will not be driving any more, sad that he did not give it up earlier.

May I assume they've already called you to testify as an expert witness. ?

I have been driving for two years, and in that two years, I have never had an incident with a younger driver, but I have had multiple incidents with the elderly drivers. That is enough for me to steer clear of these terrible drivers.

Multiple incidents involving older drivers that was not my fault. Things like failing to stop for a red light, failing to give way, failing to indicate when changing lanes - those things are vital because they cause accidents.

Multiple incidents involving older drivers that was not my fault. Things like failing to stop for a red light, failing to give way, failing to indicate when changing lanes - those things are vital because they cause accidents.

You are in a hurry because you complain they drive slow. You seem to have a lack of tolerance.

I allow all drivers space, I watch other drivers and their patterns, I also never assume it is not my fault, so I drive defensively and not aggressively.

The brakes didn't fail, he pressed the accelerator instead of the brakes, obviously. The older you get, the slower your responses. Old people - over the age of 80 - should not have a license. They are dangerous drivers, IMO.

Maybe they should be euthanized.

You are in a hurry because you complain they drive slow. You seem to have a lack of tolerance.

I allow all drivers space, I watch other drivers and their patterns, I also never assume it is not my fault, so I drive defensively and not aggressively.

You have no issue with being stuck behind someone who goes less than half the speed limit?

No, they just shouldn't have a damned license.

What if they are capable, and have no physical reasons not to have one? Oh wait.... You're a Liberal... You obviously know what is best for other people.

Both of my parents still drive and are very good drivers. My mother is 81 and my father is 75. I do figure my mother will have to stop driving sooner than my father, but for now she is doing just fine. I would not want to see driving privileges revoked at some given age for all drivers. What I believe would be a smart move would be to require drivers over 75 to be tested every two years, and that includes an actual driving test.

Both of my parents still drive and are very good drivers. My mother is 81 and my father is 75. I do figure my mother will have to stop driving sooner than my father, but for now she is doing just fine. I would not want to see driving privileges revoked at some given age for all drivers. What I believe would be a smart move would be to require drivers over 75 to be tested every two years, and that includes an actual driving test.

I would like that idea, but its been suggested over here, and the old folk won't have anything to do with it. They got their licenses 50 odd years ago, the roads and the rules have changed since then, yet they think they don't need to brush up on their skills.

No, they just shouldn't have a damned license.

What if they are capable, and have no physical reasons not to have one? Oh wait.... You're a Liberal... You obviously know what is best for other people.

If they have perfect health and are a good driver, then there is no reason why they shouldn't be allowed to have a license, although I would still feel very uncomfortable with them on the road.

You have no issue with being stuck behind someone who goes less than half the speed limit?

Never been behind someone that goes half the speed limit. I think you are exaggerating.

Younger drivers have a tendency to speed, that I know. I see it enough on the news. But they don't mistake the accelerator for the brakes, and their responses are a lot quicker.

They also don't drive 40 ks under the bloody speed limit like so many old people.

We need more slow drivers. It's you macho types with the glandular problems that think speeding makes you a big man that cause so much highway homicide.

You can't drive too slow.

Forum List

Back