100 Short Years Ago....

Politicians and political thinkers have long been publically advocating the "wipe them out, all of them" approach to problem solving, long before some German philosopher put pen to paper.

"I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said." William F. Buckley

It would have been far wiser for you to claim Diderot, or at least Rousseau....

Although attributed to Rousseau, it was Diderot who gave the model for totalitarianism of reason: “We must reason about all things,” and anyone who ‘refuses to seek out the truth’ thereby renounces his human nature and “should be treated by the rest of his species as a wild beast.” So, once ‘truth’ is determined, anyone who doesn’t accept it was “either insane or wicked and morally evil.” It is not the individual who has the “ right to decide about the nature of right and wrong,” but only “the human race,” expressed as the general will.
Himmelfarb, “The Roads to Modernity,” p. 167-68

The proximate influence on Stalin was clearly Marx.

"The proximate influence on Stalin was clearly Marx. "

And if the Soviets were the first people in history to advocate or try genocide, that might actually mean something.

I like Reagan as much as he next guy, but Europe's mass ennui had nothing to do with being better red than dead. Lots of people felt nothing was worth fighting for, the world was just a meat grinder, so why bother? The Lost Generation wasn't about politics or any of the millions of -isms floating about; it was about the attitude that we might as well live for the now because either we die in the trenches or the flu will get us or we'll buy it in a factory or our lives will get pissed away by our political masters.

And really, after the horrors of WW1, who can blame that attitude?

"....who can blame that attitude?"

Me.

Either you lack any empathy for what the Europeans that actually suffered through WW1 went through, you simply don't know enough about the subject, or you're just a moron.

She is a moron. She knows nothing about Europe or about World Wars 1 and 2.

WWI exacted a terrible toll....and one result was a feeling on the continent that there was nothing worth fighting and dying for.....'better red than dead.'

Ronald Reagan came along and convinced many Europeans otherwise.

:lmao: You ignorant moron.

I don't know why you scoff. It's perfectly plausible that Ronald Reagan, Praise Be Upon Him, went back in time to post-WW1 Europe to enlighten the unwashed masses. Ronaldus Maximus, Hallowed Be His Name, didn't even need a time machine or nothing. All the Gipper, Look Not Upon Him Lest Ye Eyes Be Burned Out From His Majesty, needed was the sheer force of will to violate the very laws of physics He invented one evening between single-handedly saving the world and acting in a Bonzo film.

Last edited:
WWI exacted a terrible toll....and one result was a feeling on the continent that there was nothing worth fighting and dying for.....'better red than dead.'

Ronald Reagan came along and convinced many Europeans otherwise.

:lmao: You ignorant moron.

One wonders if the problem is one of style, or a lack of facility with the English language....

"...ignorant moron..."

mo·ron (môrn, mr-)
n.
1. A stupid person; a dolt.
2. Psychology A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

ig·no·rant (gnr-nt)
adj.
1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.

re·dun·dant (r-dndnt)
adj.
1. Exceeding what is necessary or natural; superfluous.
2. Needlessly wordy or repetitive in expression:

English lessons, free of charge.

And, one more that specifically applies to you:

in·ar·tic·u·late (när-tky-lt)
adj.
1. Uttered without the use of normal words or syllables; incomprehensible as speech or language

You are the one who is wrong dear. Being unintelligent, which is what moron means, and being ignorant are two different things. The definitions you supply prove just that. Unfortunately for you, both qualities exist within your character, as you so often illustrate with your asinine, ridiculous threads.

As for inarticulate, as with the other terms, though you are supplying the definitions, you don't seem to understand what they mean. This illustrates how being stupid and being ignorant go hand in hand as they do in your case.

I suggest you get a language tutor.

Last edited:
Politicians and political thinkers have long been publically advocating the "wipe them out, all of them" approach to problem solving, long before some German philosopher put pen to paper.

To say nothing of religious texts...

To say nothing of religious texts...

Nonsense. Until the commies came along, nobody ever said "hey, those people over there aren't like us, so fuck them. Let's kill them all and set their shit on fire." And the religious leaders of the world would be the least likely to say those things, even if a few misguided political types did whisper those things in hushed tones at dinner parties.

I think you're beginning to sound like a red, and by that I mean you prefer a hammer and sickle over a hamburger.

I'll be watching you.

Classical liberals, Conservatives truly understand humans, as shown here:
Each kind of government is a reflection on the way human nature is perceived. The Founders did not feel that man is either perfect, nor perfectible. James Madison, Federalist No. 55, February 15, 1788 “As there is a degree of depravity in mankind which requires a certain degree of circumspection and distrust.” Therefore, a government must account for this nature, thus checks and balances.

Context dropping fail. :eusa_liar:

"As there is a degree of depravity in mankind which requires a certain degree of circumspection and distrust, so there are other qualities in human nature which justify a certain portion of esteem and confidence. Republican government presupposes the existence of these qualities in a higher degree than any other form."
-- from Federalist #55

Classical liberals, Conservatives truly understand humans, as shown here:
Each kind of government is a reflection on the way human nature is perceived. The Founders did not feel that man is either perfect, nor perfectible. James Madison, Federalist No. 55, February 15, 1788 “As there is a degree of depravity in mankind which requires a certain degree of circumspection and distrust.” Therefore, a government must account for this nature, thus checks and balances.

Context dropping fail. :eusa_liar:

"As there is a degree of depravity in mankind which requires a certain degree of circumspection and distrust, so there are other qualities in human nature which justify a certain portion of esteem and confidence. Republican government presupposes the existence of these qualities in a higher degree than any other form."
-- from Federalist #55

I have your full answer here.....you should take notes:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/368262-on-human-nature-and-politics.html

You are the one who is wrong dear. Being unintelligent, which is what moron means, and being ignorant are two different things. The definitions you supply prove just that. Unfortunately for you, both qualities exist within your character, as you so often illustrate with your asinine, ridiculous threads.

As for inarticulate, as with the other terms, though you are supplying the definitions, you don't seem to understand what they mean. This illustrates how being stupid and being ignorant go hand in hand as they do in your case.

Politicalchic bot needs a new programmer or maybe just needs an updated chip. it's operating on a limited amount of insults.

Politicalchic bot needs a new programmer or maybe just needs an updated chip. it's operating on a limited amount of insults.

So, I’m looking for evidence to determine exactly when your cerebrum entered the dead zone, ....

.....and based on my extensive experience watching CSI, I know that I should check for signs of insect activity: let’s call in the entomologist to pin down the exact minute of pupation!

...World War I began.

1. July 28th, 1914 World War I begins: Austria-Hungary declares war on Serbia after it failed to meet the conditions of an ultimatum it set on July 23 following the killing of Archduke Francis Ferdinand by a Serbian assassin. This event leads to the outbreak of war.

2. "In Flanders Fields" is a war poem in the form of a rondeau, written during the First World War by Canadian physician Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae. He was inspired to write it on May 3, 1915, after presiding over the funeral of friend and fellow soldier Alexis Helmer, who died in the Second Battle of Ypres. According to legend, fellow soldiers retrieved the poem after McCrae, initially dissatisfied with his work, discarded it. "In Flanders Fields" was first published on December 8 of that year in the London-based magazine Punch."
In Flanders Fields - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw