100 places that will be gone because of global warming

Wonderful protocol! Even better than Mann used!

OK, I figured out how to do the experiment. I was having trouble because the amount of CO2 is so small it's hard to add it without having some real expensive scientific instruments, but this should do.

First take 4 10 gallon fish tanks: fill them about an inch with dirt, plants, a small pool of water and a turtle and a thermometer. Make sure it a turtle you don't care about because this is a climate changes experiment and small changes in CO2 might be enough to spawn Cat 5 hurricanes in the fish tank.

Then, give them each an atmosphere of 80% Nitrogen and 20% Oxygen. (OK, you can fill them with regular air)

Then, take 4 tiny plastic capsules, one with nothing inside, one with 1/4 teaspoon CO2 (as dry ice), one with 1/2 teaspoon, and fuck it, one with a whole teaspoon of CO2 (proportionally in a 10 gallon tank that's 4 times the amount of CO2 in our atmosphere)

Seal the tanks.

As the plastic capsules dissolve, observe what happens.

Take careful notes of any changes in the temperature and conditions of the 4 tanks.

The most notable changes will be expected to be observed between the first tank and the last tank of course.

I would recommend a FIFTH tank, too. The CONTROL tank.
That one ought to provide ZERO additional dry ice.

Now between tank 1 (control) and tank 5, the differences observed should be quite dramatic!

Will the temperatures get so high as to melt the glass walls of the tanks?

DANGER! DANGER! DANGER!

HERE: Permit me to GRAPH the differences.

C (tank "C" = control tank)
Tanks 1 - 4 labeled, respectively, 1, 2, 3, 4.

I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
0_________C_________1_________2_________3_______4_____
Vertical axis measures time; horizontal axis measures temperature increase.

Hmmmm.

OK. So it appears that there are no observed differences over time regardless of the amount of CO2 added to the environment....

Hm.

Must confer with Owlgore.

OK, I figured out how to do the experiment. I was having trouble because the amount of CO2 is so small it's hard to add it without having some real expensive scientific instruments, but this should do.

First take 4 10 gallon fish tanks: fill them about an inch with dirt, plants, a small pool of water and a turtle and a thermometer. Make sure it a turtle you don't care about because this is a climate changes experiment and small changes in CO2 might be enough to spawn Cat 5 hurricanes in the fish tank.

Then, give them each an atmosphere of 80% Nitrogen and 20% Oxygen. (OK, you can fill them with regular air)

Then, take 4 tiny plastic capsules, one with nothing inside, one with 1/4 teaspoon CO2 (as dry ice), one with 1/2 teaspoon, and fuck it, one with a whole teaspoon of CO2 (proportionally in a 10 gallon tank that's 4 times the amount of CO2 in our atmosphere)

Seal the tanks.

As the plastic capsules dissolve, observe what happens.

Take careful notes of any changes in the temperature and conditions of the 4 tanks.

The most notable changes will be expected to be observed between the first tank and the last tank of course.

I would recommend a FIFTH tank, too. The CONTROL tank.
That one ought to provide ZERO additional dry ice.

Now between tank 1 (control) and tank 5, the differences observed should be quite dramatic!

Will the temperatures get so high as to melt the glass walls of the tanks?

DANGER! DANGER! DANGER!

HERE: Permit me to GRAPH the differences.

C (tank "C" = control tank)
Tanks 1 - 4 labeled, respectively, 1, 2, 3, 4.

I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
0_________C_________1_________2_________3_______4_____
Vertical axis measures time; horizontal axis measures temperature increase.

Hmmmm.

OK. So it appears that there are no observed differences over time regardless of the amount of CO2 added to the environment....

Hm.

Must confer with Owlgore.

I have peer reviewed this post and find it 100% accurate.

I also will peer review this to give it 200% truthiness.

And in the interests of good science-ology stuff, I will assist Fitz to ensure an additional 50% of peer review to give us a total of 100%....

(got my math skills by using the Mann method) :lol::lol:

And in the interests of good science-ology stuff, I will assist Fitz to ensure an additional 50% of peer review to give us a total of 100%....

... and with the new Algorian Consensus multiplier that means that this has 20 BILLION% factitudium with a side of handwavium.

... and with the new Algorian Consensus multiplier that means that this has 20 BILLION% factitudium with a side of handwavium.

Dang you got the numbers thing down pat... I is impressed with your mathemagistical prowesses and comptatudinal aptitudeness....

ALL HAIL THE GORACLE!

Lightbringer and master of climate scientology!

Dang you got the numbers thing down pat... I is impressed with your mathemagistical prowesses and comptatudinal aptitudeness....

ALL HAIL THE GORACLE!

What We Have Here, Is a Failure to Communicate

failure-to-communicate.jpg

ALL HAIL THE GORACLE!

Anyone else having a Zaphod Beeblebrox moment here? I know I am.

If there's anything here more important than my ego, I want it found and shot.

Last edited:

ALL HAIL THE GORACLE!

Anyone else having a Zaphod Beeblebrox moment here? I know I am.

If there's anything here more important than my ego, I want it found and shot.

I don't know but I have an uncontrollable urge to grab a towel....:lol:

Forum List

Back