100% of USMB members voted against Rand Paul.

I'm a Hillbilly, not even an Ozark Hillbilly...an Appalachian Hillbilly...in the Hillbilly hierarchy that would be the worst kind.

For those who don't know their geography, that's the Maryland and West Virginian Hillbillies.

If you think I'm stupid because of my cultural background, the community I grew up in or the geographical location of my birth, lump yourselves in with the KKK and the Aryan Nation, bigots of a different stripe.

Be Proud..."Elitist Power...We're better than you, and we know it."

Last edited:
I can't vote in KY, but I would have voted for Rand.

Good thing the civil rights act isn't up for a vote now.

Yep, and it's great that private citizens now get sued for choosing who they share a home with. What an outrage, huh?

cause the racist trash would sooooooooo have stopped segregating blacks, discriminating against them and not letting them buy homes where they want to.

you betcha, babe.

and yes, it is great.

feel free to hate. just don't expect the law to support that hatred.

Yep, and it's great that private citizens now get sued for choosing who they share a home with. What an outrage, huh?

What are you talking about? you are free to share your house with anyone you'd like.

Not according to the State of Michigan.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...ck-and-choose-who-they-want-to-live-with.html

Did you read the article? She can live with anyone she choses. She can not advertise in a discriminatory fashion.

cause the racist trash would sooooooooo have stopped segregating blacks, discriminating against them and not letting them buy homes where they want to.

you betcha, babe.

and yes, it is great.

That is one helluva stretch there Jillian!! Preferring a roommate that is christian is not "hate"......

you betcha, babe.

and yes, it is great.

That is one helluva stretch there Jillian!! Preferring a roommate that is christian is not "hate"......

It is perfectly legal for her to prefer a christian roommate....

Choose a christian roommate....

Live with a christian roommate...

As the participant in a business transaction, she simply can't advertise that preference.

you betcha, babe.

and yes, it is great.

It is perfectly legal for her to prefer a christian roommate....

Choose a christian roommate....

Live with a christian roommate...

As the participant in a business transaction, she simply can't advertise that preference.

So wasting everyone's time is legal, and being upfront and honest is illegal...anyone else see a problem with that.

So wasting everyone's time is legal, and being upfront and honest is illegal...anyone else see a problem with that.

Discrimination in advertising for housing is illegal. It's a business transaction. try telling someone in your restaurant they have to eat somewhere else because they are black and see how it works out for ya.

Well to be honest what she is getting sued for is putting it in an add. Because she lives in the house she has every right, under the law, to discriminate and choose the type of person she wants to live with. Where she technically violated the law was when she put it in a public Ad. Or at least that is the argument.

Though I know I have seen plenty of ads that read, Women seeking female roommate or the opposite and as far as I know those people were not sued. I think someone is trying to make a point and push the envelope of the law with that law suit.

you betcha, babe.

and yes, it is great.

Sorry but I just don't buy the leftist tripe that's been put out about what he said. While I don't necessarily agree with him, I do understand what he actually was trying to say. It's not about encouraging discrimination... it was about allowing people to decide for themselves. Now, we - as a nation - are not tolerant of discrimination - nor should we be. But, in some ways, I think allowing people the freedom to discriminate - and allowing other people to act independently to challenge that discrimination is not necessarily a bad thing. I, personally, would rather know if a restaurant I patronize wants to discriminate.... because then I can take my money elsewhere.

Well to be honest what she is getting sued for is putting it in an add. Because she lives in the house she has every right, under the law, to discriminate and choose the type of person she wants to live with. Where she technically violated the law was when she put it in a public Ad. Or at least that is the argument.

Though I know I have seen plenty of ads that read, Women seeking female roommate or the opposite and as far as I know those people were not sued. I think someone is trying to make a point and push the envelope of the law with that law suit.

I don't agree that the poor woman should be paying damages over this - a simple "don't do that again, here's why" certainly would have sufficed. The fair housing group obviously saw dollars and an example-maker.

In the case of sex, courts have allowed for people to chose the sex of the roommate with whom they live based on issues of gender and power. It's a fine little line, but it's there.

Yep voted absentee yesterday.
As far as I know I am the only one here that can vote in the KY senate race.

I would vote for him if I could so whats your point?

Is that I can vote for or against Rand Paul and no one else here can.
No matter how much you would like to.

Also that no outside state money should be used for in state races.

I can't vote in KY, but I would have voted for Rand.

If you really think that the absence of laws against racism would somehow lead to racial chaos, then we've got bigger problems in this country than the debate about whether or not we should have those laws.

The fact you think that it probably wouldn't says more.

Rand is garbage, and he is not his father.

Forum List

Back